The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: oball on August 09, 2013, 11:21:06 am

Title: August 9, 2013 - Daddy's got a brand new empty dime bag
Post by: oball on August 09, 2013, 11:21:06 am
I expect the basest circumstances (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08092013)

I guess we can expect the next strip around September next year?
Title: Re: August 9, 2013 - Daddy's got a brand new empty dime bag
Post by: AugustWest on August 09, 2013, 12:50:43 pm
I...I...just don't know.

I just don't know if I can commit to a story arc that is not destined to be resolved during my natural lifetime.
Title: Re: August 9, 2013 - Daddy's got a brand new empty dime bag
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 09, 2013, 01:12:17 pm
the hell's up with that tiny windshield? It annoys me.
Title: Re: August 9, 2013 - Daddy's got a brand new empty dime bag
Post by: wombat on August 09, 2013, 01:24:32 pm
You're seeing it too? Thank god.  I thought I was hallucinating.
Title: Re: August 9, 2013 - Daddy's got a brand new empty dime bag
Post by: Choop on August 09, 2013, 01:39:59 pm
holy fuckballs i didn't even remember the last comic from fourteen months ago
Title: Re: August 9, 2013 - Daddy's got a brand new empty dime bag
Post by: CortJstr on August 09, 2013, 01:58:23 pm
Every time I consider finally removing Achewood from my list of startup tabs he goes and posts something.
Title: Re: August 9, 2013 - Daddy's got a brand new empty dime bag
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on August 09, 2013, 04:25:36 pm
New Achewood, huh? Maybe this is a sign that I need to get my shit together.

Or post more here, whatever.
Title: Re: August 9, 2013 - Daddy's got a brand new empty dime bag
Post by: jaydub on August 09, 2013, 05:00:00 pm
I think he's totally lost Lyle's voice.  Beef and Cornelius' conversation is way too elliptical as well.
Title: Re: August 9, 2013 - Daddy's got a brand new empty dime bag
Post by: AugustWest on August 09, 2013, 07:23:25 pm
New Achewood, huh? Maybe this is a sign that I need to get my shit together.

Or post more here, whatever.

One and the same, my dear.  One and the same.
Title: Re: August 9, 2013 - Daddy's got a brand new empty dime bag
Post by: pmcd9 on August 09, 2013, 09:41:14 pm
I think he's totally lost Lyle's voice.  Beef and Cornelius' conversation is way too elliptical as well.

On this I agree.
Title: Re: August 9, 2013 - Daddy's got a brand new empty dime bag
Post by: pmcd9 on August 09, 2013, 10:30:38 pm
This storyline started in 2011.
Title: Re: August 9, 2013 - Daddy's got a brand new empty dime bag
Post by: oball on August 10, 2013, 02:39:18 am
I think he's totally lost Lyle's voice.  Beef and Cornelius' conversation is way too elliptical as well.

Ah, that's the kind of quality complaining that the comic isn't as good as it used to be that I've missed
Title: Re: August 9, 2013 - Daddy's got a brand new empty dime bag
Post by: Choop on August 10, 2013, 04:45:26 am
oball can i just obligatorily i knew that was your comment without reading your name
Title: Re: August 9, 2013 - Daddy's got a brand new empty dime bag
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on August 10, 2013, 05:56:49 am
Ah, that's the kind of quality complaining that the comic isn't as good as it used to be that I've missed

Complaining that nostalgia ain't what it used to be has seriously gone down the drain AM I RIGHT OLD TIMERS
Title: Re: August 9, 2013 - Daddy's got a brand new empty dime bag
Post by: jaydub on August 10, 2013, 04:38:06 pm
When you post on TOUAMB's Achewood board you've got to bring strong sack.  Cock-gobbling Onstad for aphasic dialogue could only lead to tears.
Title: Re: August 9, 2013 - Daddy's got a brand new empty dime bag
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 15, 2013, 02:47:24 am
aphasic dialogue

This sums up my opinion of the strip lately.

It's analogous to Tatsuya Ishida snapping and projecting his own personal fetish for all men to be kept subservient in a Dworkin-inspired matriarchy onto Sinfest, except in this case Onstad appears to have had a stroke and is tossing us all a delicious word salad.
Title: Re: August 9, 2013 - Daddy's got a brand new empty dime bag
Post by: pmcd9 on August 15, 2013, 03:00:10 am
Onstad appears to have had a stroke and is tossing us all a delicious word salad.

Yes.
Title: Re: August 9, 2013 - Daddy's got a brand new empty dime bag
Post by: dejavroom on August 16, 2013, 01:21:21 pm
I like calcium nuts.