The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on October 17, 2013, 10:42:57 pm

Title: The Great American Menu
Post by: pmcd9 on October 17, 2013, 10:42:57 pm
Here's some Food for Thought (http://deadspin.com/the-great-american-menu-foods-of-the-states-ranked-an-1349137024). Where does your state rate?
Title: Re: The Great American Menu
Post by: jaydub on October 17, 2013, 11:04:18 pm
My guts are currently stuffed with a Mission-style burrito, so that was pretty much spot on for California.
Title: Re: The Great American Menu
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 17, 2013, 11:31:48 pm
The greatest place to eat on earth is my friend's spot:  80/20 burger bar. http://www.8020burgerbar.com/. That menu is insane.
Title: Re: The Great American Menu
Post by: theinevitable on October 18, 2013, 12:22:13 am
Man, those descriptions are so shitty. Most/all of those foods are great, stop trying so hard to be funny about food.

I EMBRACE ALMOST ALL VERNACULAR BYWAYS OF THE AMERICAN MENU. FEED ME YOUR PROCESSED BREAD, YOUR HOT DOGS, YOUR CHEESES AND CHILIS. DELICIOUS.
Title: Re: The Great American Menu
Post by: wombat on October 18, 2013, 12:25:12 am
I think that some of it is funny, but it is full of terrible opinions. How could you rate NY pizza, pulled pork, and ribs, below burritos and some kind of hot dog from Rhode Island? Furthermore, the Rhode Island food should be clamcakes.
Title: Re: The Great American Menu
Post by: pmcd9 on October 18, 2013, 12:26:12 am
Man, those descriptions are so shitty. Most/all of those foods are great, stop trying so hard to be funny about food.

I EMBRACE ALMOST ALL VERNACULAR BYWAYS OF THE AMERICAN MENU. FEED ME YOUR PROCESSED BREAD, YOUR HOT DOGS, YOUR CHEESES AND CHILIS. DELICIOUS.

Yeah I know. And I've had skyline chili. It's delicious. I'm just trying to get inside you head man.
Title: Re: The Great American Menu
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 18, 2013, 12:55:57 am
Yeah I know. And I've had skyline chili. It's delicious. I'm just trying to get inside you head man.

You've had skyline? I've had it once and that was way too few times. I've been trying to recreate that recipe ever since.
Title: Re: The Great American Menu
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 18, 2013, 12:59:42 am
Yeah, his ragging on Cincinnati chili is bullshit. And Virginia ham is freakin' awesome.
Title: Re: The Great American Menu
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 18, 2013, 12:59:56 am
Man, those descriptions are so shitty. Most/all of those foods are great, stop trying so hard to be funny about food.

Yeah he's going for some kind of hipster stuff. I don't know who wrote his menu, but the food is amazing.
Title: Re: The Great American Menu
Post by: Choop on October 18, 2013, 02:18:36 am
skyline is the fuck*ng bomb. i don't even go for their dogs, i'm all about the four-way. also, my adopted home town has a better mission-style burrito than anywhere in california, even when you order it without meat. peach pie/cobbler can go fuck itself for all the good food here.

though oregon got robbed, but probably because that author doesn't know about blue star donuts yet. that one spot should put them first on the list.
Title: Re: The Great American Menu
Post by: AugustWest on October 18, 2013, 02:35:40 am
Skyline is great.  Personally I'm partial to cheese coneys with mustard and onions. 
Title: Re: The Great American Menu
Post by: pmcd9 on October 18, 2013, 03:39:35 am
You've had skyline?

Yeah, I've got some friends from Cincinnati and last year I went to a 70th birthday party where all the food was brought in from "home."  I had the Skyline chili on a hotdog with a ridiculous amount of cheese on top. Even the mustard was brought in special. It was a regional brand I had never seen before.