Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Great American Menu  (Read 2854 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Great American Menu
« on: October 17, 2013, 10:42:57 pm »

Here's some Food for Thought. Where does your state rate?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The Great American Menu
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 11:04:18 pm »

My guts are currently stuffed with a Mission-style burrito, so that was pretty much spot on for California.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The Great American Menu
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 11:31:48 pm »

The greatest place to eat on earth is my friend's spot:  80/20 burger bar. http://www.8020burgerbar.com/. That menu is insane.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Great American Menu
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 12:22:13 am »

Man, those descriptions are so shitty. Most/all of those foods are great, stop trying so hard to be funny about food.

I EMBRACE ALMOST ALL VERNACULAR BYWAYS OF THE AMERICAN MENU. FEED ME YOUR PROCESSED BREAD, YOUR HOT DOGS, YOUR CHEESES AND CHILIS. DELICIOUS.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Great American Menu
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 12:25:12 am »

I think that some of it is funny, but it is full of terrible opinions. How could you rate NY pizza, pulled pork, and ribs, below burritos and some kind of hot dog from Rhode Island? Furthermore, the Rhode Island food should be clamcakes.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Great American Menu
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 12:26:12 am »

Man, those descriptions are so shitty. Most/all of those foods are great, stop trying so hard to be funny about food.

I EMBRACE ALMOST ALL VERNACULAR BYWAYS OF THE AMERICAN MENU. FEED ME YOUR PROCESSED BREAD, YOUR HOT DOGS, YOUR CHEESES AND CHILIS. DELICIOUS.

Yeah I know. And I've had skyline chili. It's delicious. I'm just trying to get inside you head man.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The Great American Menu
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 12:55:57 am »

Yeah I know. And I've had skyline chili. It's delicious. I'm just trying to get inside you head man.

You've had skyline? I've had it once and that was way too few times. I've been trying to recreate that recipe ever since.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The Great American Menu
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 12:59:42 am »

Yeah, his ragging on Cincinnati chili is bullshit. And Virginia ham is freakin' awesome.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The Great American Menu
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 12:59:56 am »

Man, those descriptions are so shitty. Most/all of those foods are great, stop trying so hard to be funny about food.

Yeah he's going for some kind of hipster stuff. I don't know who wrote his menu, but the food is amazing.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The Great American Menu
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 02:18:36 am »

skyline is the fuck*ng bomb. i don't even go for their dogs, i'm all about the four-way. also, my adopted home town has a better mission-style burrito than anywhere in california, even when you order it without meat. peach pie/cobbler can go fuck itself for all the good food here.

though oregon got robbed, but probably because that author doesn't know about blue star donuts yet. that one spot should put them first on the list.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The Great American Menu
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 02:35:40 am »

Skyline is great.  Personally I'm partial to cheese coneys with mustard and onions. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Great American Menu
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 03:39:35 am »

You've had skyline?

Yeah, I've got some friends from Cincinnati and last year I went to a 70th birthday party where all the food was brought in from "home."  I had the Skyline chili on a hotdog with a ridiculous amount of cheese on top. Even the mustard was brought in special. It was a regional brand I had never seen before.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up