The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on November 01, 2013, 08:18:47 pm

Title: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
Post by: pmcd9 on November 01, 2013, 08:18:47 pm
Am I right, is this an Italian thing? When someone brings their fingers to their lips, kisses them then brings the fingers away gathered together like in this photo (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/10614640675/). I tried to Google it, but that was no help.
Title: Re: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 01, 2013, 09:41:16 pm
http://vimeo.com/6798502

Its the gesture for bellissimo.
Title: Re: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
Post by: pmcd9 on November 01, 2013, 10:35:38 pm
I've only ever seen it used in regard to food.
Title: Re: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 01, 2013, 11:12:10 pm
Louis CK does a whole spiel about that and how he doesnt get what it means in one of his more recent specials.
Title: Re: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
Post by: pmcd9 on November 01, 2013, 11:17:13 pm
Louis CK does a whole spiel about that and how he doesnt get what it means in one of his more recent specials.

Have you got a link to that? I'd love to see it.
Title: Re: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
Post by: miles on November 02, 2013, 02:55:35 am
Have you got a link to that? I'd love to see it.

It's from his Beacon show from last year. I was going to post a link today at work when I saw this thread but was too busy. This is the best I could find: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDz0bp5vOHk

Sorry, it's really shitty quality, but you should seek out the whole show anyway. Amazing.
Title: Re: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
Post by: pmcd9 on November 02, 2013, 03:08:21 am
Oh yeah, I remember it now. I've seen that show, but I suppose it warrants another viewing. Love that Louis C.K.
Title: Re: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 04, 2013, 06:31:38 pm
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/04/nuggets-new-italian-celebration-has-people-talking-video/
Title: Re: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 04, 2013, 06:33:53 pm
(http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/515d85386bb3f7451800000e/nuggets-italian-celebration.gif)
Title: Re: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
Post by: jaydub on November 04, 2013, 08:46:12 pm
Quality pull there, Mr Mayor.