Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food  (Read 6939 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
« on: November 01, 2013, 08:18:47 pm »

Am I right, is this an Italian thing? When someone brings their fingers to their lips, kisses them then brings the fingers away gathered together like in this photo. I tried to Google it, but that was no help.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 09:41:16 pm »

http://vimeo.com/6798502

Its the gesture for bellissimo.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 10:35:38 pm »

I've only ever seen it used in regard to food.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 11:12:10 pm »

Louis CK does a whole spiel about that and how he doesnt get what it means in one of his more recent specials.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 11:17:13 pm »

Louis CK does a whole spiel about that and how he doesnt get what it means in one of his more recent specials.

Have you got a link to that? I'd love to see it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 02:55:35 am »

Have you got a link to that? I'd love to see it.

It's from his Beacon show from last year. I was going to post a link today at work when I saw this thread but was too busy. This is the best I could find: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDz0bp5vOHk

Sorry, it's really shitty quality, but you should seek out the whole show anyway. Amazing.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 03:08:21 am »

Oh yeah, I remember it now. I've seen that show, but I suppose it warrants another viewing. Love that Louis C.K.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 06:33:53 pm »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Mwah! Italian Symbol for Delicious Food
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 08:46:12 pm »

Quality pull there, Mr Mayor.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up