The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: pmcd9 on January 17, 2014, 03:27:47 pm

Title: Our Mayor has a Rockin' Can
Post by: pmcd9 on January 17, 2014, 03:27:47 pm
I'm talking about Annise Parker who married her longtime girlfriend (http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news%2Flocal&id=9395952) yesterday. Hopefully soon her marriage will be legal in the state where she resides.

I'm not sure that anyone on this forum cares, I just wanted to brag a bit. She's kinda like our kryptonite against people who think Houston is a conservative wasteland. Would a conservative wasteland elect an openly gay mayor?
Title: Re: Our Mayor has a Rockin' Can
Post by: wombat on January 17, 2014, 04:05:39 pm
Houston has an openly gay mayor? Huh.
Title: Re: Our Mayor has a Rockin' Can
Post by: pmcd9 on January 17, 2014, 04:15:35 pm
Houston has an openly gay mayor? Huh.

Yes, and she got married yesterday.
Title: Re: Our Mayor has a Rockin' Can
Post by: pmcd9 on January 22, 2014, 06:06:47 pm
Annise Parker to critics, Get over it (http://www.khou.com/news/local/Newlywed-Mayor-Parker-to-GOP-critics-Get-over-it-241399131.html).
Title: Re: Our Mayor has a Rockin' Can
Post by: jaydub on January 22, 2014, 07:33:06 pm
QFT, Ms. Mayor.