The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on March 19, 2014, 09:12:49 pm

Title: Star Wars VII
Post by: pmcd9 on March 19, 2014, 09:12:49 pm
According to this article (http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/3/18/5522682/star-wars-episode-vii-will-take-place-30-years-after-return-of-the-jedi) the next Star Wars will be set 30 years after the end of Return of the Jedi and the stars of the original movies (Kirk Hammet, Carrie Underwood, Rob Ford), will be reprising their roles. My new hope that the franchise would be making a comeback just died.
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: Choop on March 19, 2014, 09:45:40 pm
,___________.
| wtf paul  |
     \/
  ಠ_ಠ
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: pmcd9 on March 19, 2014, 11:50:45 pm
,___________.
| wtf paul  |
     \/
  ಠ_ಠ


Do we really need to see a 60 year old Princess Leia? Here's a hint, she hasn't aged well.
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: theinevitable on March 20, 2014, 12:22:48 am
Have you guys heard about the correct order to watch the 5 other movies? Most importantly, "episode one" is not included.

You start with IV and v. V ends with the climactic "father" moment and reveal of Luke's new ***** hand. Wait, DV is Luke's father? What!! How did that happen?
Next, II and III-- the story of how Anakin became evil. BUT WAIT WHAT ABOUT LUKE IS HE GONNA BE EVIL
Start of VI, luke in dark robe with red lightsaber, being all creepy and scary. Oh no. BUT IT WAS ALL A TRICK AND THEY KILL THE EMP AND VADER REPENTS AND AND AND...

Yeah. So good.
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: nDed on March 20, 2014, 12:26:13 am
Do we really need to see a 60 year old Princess Leia? Here's a hint, she hasn't aged well.

I dunno, that's really only a problem if you expect giraffeer to put on the metal bikini, I'm sure she can pull off wearing frumpy robes and sitting in a chair looking old. I assume they're just there for small cameos or something. Nobody really thinks dumpy old versions of Luke and Leia and a cantankerous Han Solo are gonna be bringing in much box office dough.

Have you guys heard about the correct order to watch the 5 other movies? Most importantly, "episode one" is not included.

You start with IV and v. V ends with the climactic "father" moment and reveal of Luke's new ***** hand. Wait, DV is Luke's father? What!! How did that happen?
Next, II and III-- the story of how Anakin became evil. BUT WAIT WHAT ABOUT LUKE IS HE GONNA BE EVIL
Start of VI, luke in dark robe with red lightsaber, being all creepy and scary. Oh no. BUT IT WAS ALL A TRICK AND THEY KILL THE EMP AND VADER REPENTS AND AND AND...

Yeah. So good.

The correct order is IV - V - VI then you time travel to 1993 or '94 and kill George Lucas with a shovel.
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: Choop on March 20, 2014, 12:35:16 am
paul come on like you ain't trollin hard with them names

what you did there, i see it. and i don't like it a bit.
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: pmcd9 on March 20, 2014, 12:38:59 am
Have you guys heard about the correct order to watch the 5 other movies? Most importantly, "episode one" is not included.

You start with IV and v. V ends with the climactic "father" moment and reveal of Luke's new ***** hand. Wait, DV is Luke's father? What!! How did that happen?
Next, II and III-- the story of how Anakin became evil. BUT WAIT WHAT ABOUT LUKE IS HE GONNA BE EVIL
Start of VI, luke in dark robe with red lightsaber, being all creepy and scary. Oh no. BUT IT WAS ALL A TRICK AND THEY KILL THE EMP AND VADER REPENTS AND AND AND...

Yeah. So good.

I prefer to watch IV thru VI and forget that I thru III exist. Of course IV thru VI have been edited to the point that I don't enjoy them anymore either so I guess I'll wash my hands of the whole affair until they restore IV thru VI to their original splendor.

Oh I'm sure I'll go see the new movie and watch it with unwarranted optimism.

I dunno, that's really only a problem if you expect giraffeer to put on the metal bikini, I'm sure she can pull off wearing frumpy robes and sitting in a chair looking old. I assume they're just there for small cameos or something. Nobody really thinks dumpy old versions of Luke and Leia and a cantankerous Han Solo are gonna be bringing in much box office dough.

My expectations are so low that they really can't possibly disappoint me.

The correct order is IV - V - VI then you time travel to 1993 or '94 and kill George Lucas with a shovel.

Here Here (http://youtu.be/LDCjIjsZp_Y)!
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: pmcd9 on March 20, 2014, 12:44:59 am
paul come on like you ain't trollin hard with them names

Huh, that auto correct, I mean... Shit, I'm gonna have to turn that off.
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: pmcd9 on March 20, 2014, 04:03:27 am
That guy using the Oswalt line?

Yeah, that was a quality pull. Thanks for that DedHead!



Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: nDed on March 20, 2014, 04:05:57 am
I have desires involving Mr. Oswalt.
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: Choop on March 20, 2014, 05:25:01 am
i'd actually love to see the prequel re-edit by topher grace (yeah like what) that apparently turns the prequel trilogy into a good movie.

i've never seen ep3 because ep1 was SO BAD and ep2 got me to swear off george lucas forever. really too bad, thx-1138 was great; merchandising and success ruined him.
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: pmcd9 on March 20, 2014, 06:18:09 am
i've never seen ep3 because ep1 was SO BAD and ep2 got me to swear off george lucas forever. really too bad, thx-1138 was great; merchandising and success ruined him.

Ep III is even worse (if that can be believed) than the two that preceded it.

I saw THX-1138 many many years ago, but remember almost nothing about it. It's slowly rising to the top of my Netflix queue so I should be seeing it again soon.

Not everybody hated the prequels. Are there any here that thought they were good movies?
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: jaydub on March 20, 2014, 07:19:51 pm
I thought that II was better than I, but that's like saying warts are better than sunburn as far as skin conditions go.  Like Choop, I haven't seen III because my imaginations about the story of the Clone Wars and the genesis of Vader is better than whatever ended up on the screen.
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: pmcd9 on March 20, 2014, 08:51:26 pm
Did I read that right, you've got a son that has been married since the 90s? How the hell old are you again?
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: jaydub on March 20, 2014, 08:54:23 pm
Spouse would be the lady to whom Ash is married.  "The Boy" is college aged.
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: pmcd9 on March 20, 2014, 09:41:24 pm
Jaydub has been paying attention.

Vague ass mother fucker!
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: nDed on March 20, 2014, 10:32:56 pm
People actually agonize over the "right" way to introduce children to Star Wars, huh?
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: pmcd9 on March 21, 2014, 12:02:37 am
This obsessing over Star Wars is mostly an old man's game anyway. The only reason it's at all relevant to Children is because they don't have anything like it to call their own. There's been nothing like it since that has rocked the culture like Star Wars has.
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: pmcd9 on March 21, 2014, 12:35:09 am
This obsessing over Star Wars is mostly an old man's game anyway. The only reason it's at all relevant to Children is because they don't have anything like it to call their own. There's been nothing like it since that has rocked the culture like Star Wars has.

I didn't put a whole lot of thought into that statement so I hope there's not some huge cultural thing that I am overlooking. Does the Internet count? I thought about that, but it doesn't seem like an apples to apples comparison. All movies now have totally frikkin' awesome CGI, this is a thing, but there's not one movie, at least one that I can think of, that has captured the imagination of the entire country, the entire world like Star Wars did.
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: Choop on March 21, 2014, 02:27:23 am
The only reason it's at all relevant to Children is because they don't have anything like it to call their own. There's been nothing like it since that has rocked the culture like Star Wars has.
well, there was harry potter, but that was a thing unto itself that became so unlike star wars that by now you're right. of course, during that time, star wars totally changed, so it's not like it was when the first star wars kids were kids.
Title: Re: Star Wars VII
Post by: pmcd9 on March 21, 2014, 02:32:52 am
well, there was harry potter, but that was a thing unto itself that became so unlike star wars that by now you're right. of course, during that time, star wars totally changed, so it's not like it was when the first star wars kids were kids.

Yeah, Okay, Harry Potter is a thing. That's a good comparison.