Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars VII  (Read 5043 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Star Wars VII
« on: March 19, 2014, 09:12:49 pm »

According to this article the next Star Wars will be set 30 years after the end of Return of the Jedi and the stars of the original movies (Kirk Hammet, Carrie Underwood, Rob Ford), will be reprising their roles. My new hope that the franchise would be making a comeback just died.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 09:45:40 pm »

,___________.
| wtf paul  |
     \/
  ಠ_ಠ
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 11:50:45 pm »

,___________.
| wtf paul  |
     \/
  ಠ_ಠ


Do we really need to see a 60 year old Princess Leia? Here's a hint, she hasn't aged well.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 12:22:48 am »

Have you guys heard about the correct order to watch the 5 other movies? Most importantly, "episode one" is not included.

You start with IV and v. V ends with the climactic "father" moment and reveal of Luke's new ***** hand. Wait, DV is Luke's father? What!! How did that happen?
Next, II and III-- the story of how Anakin became evil. BUT WAIT WHAT ABOUT LUKE IS HE GONNA BE EVIL
Start of VI, luke in dark robe with red lightsaber, being all creepy and scary. Oh no. BUT IT WAS ALL A TRICK AND THEY KILL THE EMP AND VADER REPENTS AND AND AND...

Yeah. So good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 12:26:13 am »

Do we really need to see a 60 year old Princess Leia? Here's a hint, she hasn't aged well.

I dunno, that's really only a problem if you expect giraffeer to put on the metal bikini, I'm sure she can pull off wearing frumpy robes and sitting in a chair looking old. I assume they're just there for small cameos or something. Nobody really thinks dumpy old versions of Luke and Leia and a cantankerous Han Solo are gonna be bringing in much box office dough.

Have you guys heard about the correct order to watch the 5 other movies? Most importantly, "episode one" is not included.

You start with IV and v. V ends with the climactic "father" moment and reveal of Luke's new ***** hand. Wait, DV is Luke's father? What!! How did that happen?
Next, II and III-- the story of how Anakin became evil. BUT WAIT WHAT ABOUT LUKE IS HE GONNA BE EVIL
Start of VI, luke in dark robe with red lightsaber, being all creepy and scary. Oh no. BUT IT WAS ALL A TRICK AND THEY KILL THE EMP AND VADER REPENTS AND AND AND...

Yeah. So good.

The correct order is IV - V - VI then you time travel to 1993 or '94 and kill George Lucas with a shovel.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 12:31:07 am by nDed »
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 12:35:16 am »

paul come on like you ain't trollin hard with them names

what you did there, i see it. and i don't like it a bit.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 12:38:59 am »

Have you guys heard about the correct order to watch the 5 other movies? Most importantly, "episode one" is not included.

You start with IV and v. V ends with the climactic "father" moment and reveal of Luke's new ***** hand. Wait, DV is Luke's father? What!! How did that happen?
Next, II and III-- the story of how Anakin became evil. BUT WAIT WHAT ABOUT LUKE IS HE GONNA BE EVIL
Start of VI, luke in dark robe with red lightsaber, being all creepy and scary. Oh no. BUT IT WAS ALL A TRICK AND THEY KILL THE EMP AND VADER REPENTS AND AND AND...

Yeah. So good.

I prefer to watch IV thru VI and forget that I thru III exist. Of course IV thru VI have been edited to the point that I don't enjoy them anymore either so I guess I'll wash my hands of the whole affair until they restore IV thru VI to their original splendor.

Oh I'm sure I'll go see the new movie and watch it with unwarranted optimism.

I dunno, that's really only a problem if you expect giraffeer to put on the metal bikini, I'm sure she can pull off wearing frumpy robes and sitting in a chair looking old. I assume they're just there for small cameos or something. Nobody really thinks dumpy old versions of Luke and Leia and a cantankerous Han Solo are gonna be bringing in much box office dough.

My expectations are so low that they really can't possibly disappoint me.

The correct order is IV - V - VI then you time travel to 1993 or '94 and kill George Lucas with a shovel.

Here Here!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 12:44:59 am »

paul come on like you ain't trollin hard with them names

Huh, that auto correct, I mean... Shit, I'm gonna have to turn that off.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 04:03:27 am »

That guy using the Oswalt line?

Yeah, that was a quality pull. Thanks for that DedHead!



Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 04:05:57 am »

I have desires involving Mr. Oswalt.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 05:25:01 am »

i'd actually love to see the prequel re-edit by topher grace (yeah like what) that apparently turns the prequel trilogy into a good movie.

i've never seen ep3 because ep1 was SO BAD and ep2 got me to swear off george lucas forever. really too bad, thx-1138 was great; merchandising and success ruined him.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 06:18:09 am »

i've never seen ep3 because ep1 was SO BAD and ep2 got me to swear off george lucas forever. really too bad, thx-1138 was great; merchandising and success ruined him.

Ep III is even worse (if that can be believed) than the two that preceded it.

I saw THX-1138 many many years ago, but remember almost nothing about it. It's slowly rising to the top of my Netflix queue so I should be seeing it again soon.

Not everybody hated the prequels. Are there any here that thought they were good movies?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 07:19:51 pm »

I thought that II was better than I, but that's like saying warts are better than sunburn as far as skin conditions go.  Like Choop, I haven't seen III because my imaginations about the story of the Clone Wars and the genesis of Vader is better than whatever ended up on the screen.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 08:51:26 pm »

Did I read that right, you've got a son that has been married since the 90s? How the hell old are you again?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 08:54:23 pm »

Spouse would be the lady to whom Ash is married.  "The Boy" is college aged.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up