The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: theinevitable on November 11, 2014, 05:33:07 am

Title: Quitting TOUAMB
Post by: theinevitable on November 11, 2014, 05:33:07 am
Guys, lately there are fewer and fewer posts and I'm starting to get worried about the future of the board. I think it's time for us to have a frank conversation about... wait... a frank.... hmm...
WAIT A MINUTE IS IT SOMEONE'S BIRTHDAY TODAY? *somber official TOUAMB draperies fall away to reveal Party Atmosphere*

Well, I guess the board must go on if we have a Birthday Boy in the house.

In This Thread: Ray gives birth to a present for AugustWest, THIS IS SO WACCKKYYYYY. It's another year of your wonderful TOUAMB life. Away from the horrors of the Modern Internet, you can come to a place where people post weird Devo videos and pug gifs and funny stories about puppies eating hoss food. The internet where it's still true that nobody knows you're a dog, but everyone knows your screenname. It's AugustWest! Happy Birthday!
Title: Re: Quitting TOUAMB
Post by: wombat on November 11, 2014, 02:16:38 pm
I feel like it's such a shame that we will never be able to write a letter of recommendation when Inev applies for a job, describing how he went above and beyond in his duties as the birthday thread coordinator.

Also, happy birthday to a knucklehead since small times!
Title: Re: Quitting TOUAMB
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 11, 2014, 03:07:56 pm
Happy birthday, Egg Man!
Title: Re: Quitting TOUAMB
Post by: AugustWest on November 12, 2014, 04:23:41 am
The Mayor stole my line!

//shakes fist at Mayor

Thanks guys!  I had a lovely, quiet uneventful birthday which was just what I wanted.  I got the yard mowed. 

For my birthday, I bought myself a Squier Tele, the first guitar I've bought for myself in 30 years.  I got as a knock around guitar so my antique Gibson doesn't get banged up or stolen if (when?) we keep gigging.  I like it a lot!

Anyhow, thanks for the kind wishes. You imaginary internet friends mean a lot to me.
Title: Re: Quitting TOUAMB
Post by: theinevitable on November 12, 2014, 05:21:58 am
I have 4 facebook friends from college (Aug's alma mater, as well) whose birthday is today, and all 4 are guys I would describe as "super nice guys" and "really down-to-earth." All 4 are talented musicians, friendly, and dating beautiful women. So clearly there is something going on here.
Title: Re: Quitting TOUAMB
Post by: AugustWest on November 12, 2014, 01:51:45 pm
Is it in the air, the water, or is there some kinda program going on in the science dept doing unspeakables.

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
Title: Re: Quitting TOUAMB
Post by: pmcd9 on November 12, 2014, 05:23:19 pm
The thread title scared me. We have too few left. We can't afford to lose anyone.

Also, happy birthday Frank.
Title: Re: Quitting TOUAMB
Post by: Doc on November 13, 2014, 02:24:22 pm
It worked on me.

Glad your anniversary was excellent, Counsel.
Title: Re: Quitting TOUAMB
Post by: ianmalcolm2 on November 13, 2014, 10:00:35 pm
This was a good way to make me read a birthday thread.

Also, happy birthday, Mr. A West.
Title: Re: Quitting TOUAMB
Post by: jaydub on November 14, 2014, 11:01:12 pm
Is that like Billy Squier?
Happy Birthday, either way!