Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - kage23

Pages: [1]
1
It's interesting that Philippe is five and is having a birthday where he turns five.  I know it's an inevitable consequence of having characters that don't age, but it always seems weird to me.  Does that mean that his previous birthdays take place on the same day as this strip, or does this replace them in continuity, or does he literally just turn five again every year?  And if so, when was he actually born?  I got distracted by thinking about that and couldn't really enjoy the rest of the strip, sorry.

I don't know, I think it makes at least some amount of sense. I mean, I've had stuffed animals before, and they never grew. Granted, they weren't alive, but they always stayed the same size/shape. If Phillippe is an Alive Stuffed Five-Year-Old Otter, then he will always be five years old. Similarly, Cornelius must have always been, if not old, at least sophisticated.

2
Achewood / Re: The saddest thing ...
« on: August 20, 2007, 07:31:20 pm »
Still, he set himself up for it.  If he'd just not posted at all, nobody would have batted an eyelash. 

That was exactly the problem. If he just hadn't posted at all, I would have just thought, "Oh, that Onstad! Taking another day off! ;-)" But since he did post, my thoughts were more like, "Damn that lazy Onstad's ass! I need a distraction for the dullness of my workday! >:-O"

And in my defense, I think I'm new enough to the board that I don't really know what we do or do not do...

3
Achewood / The saddest thing ...
« on: August 18, 2007, 12:34:07 am »
... is no new Achewood!!

Onstad's not ... dead, is he? In my part of California, lunchtime was about, oh, five hours ago.

4
Achewood / Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
« on: August 14, 2007, 10:50:45 pm »
I just wanted to put up a little note and say that, for some of us, a Phillippe Times on Monday, while completely disturbing the natural order of things ("Phillippe Times?!? But it's not Friday!!") and sucking my cerebellum (or blowing my mind for ... well for anyone other than me and some of my work buds), did bring a bright spot to an otherwise dull and boring day.

5
Achewood / Re: Go sit on a fig! 7/6/07
« on: July 09, 2007, 07:55:28 pm »
In most of Utah, where I used to live, the NS and the WE streets are numbered. The numbering scheme designates how far away an address is from a certain part of the city. My old address, 2538 W. 7380 So., indicates that I lived approximately 25.5 blocks west and not quite 74 blocks south of the landmark for the Salt Lake valley, which is, of course, the LDS Temple. Which is not the center of town.

6
Achewood / Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
« on: July 06, 2007, 12:36:38 am »
I just want to say ...

AWWWW!

They're so cute together!

7
I just want to say that I love how a discussion about bidets can become a discussion about whether or not to have children.

Pages: [1]