Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.  (Read 7459 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2007, 05:50:13 pm »

I just don't like kids. So I'd rather have the disposable income.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2007, 05:59:49 pm »

Hey, all the rest of you besides A-CAP, y'know, those of you I actually respect?

Don't take that post above to heart. If I wanted to say those things in that way to you  it would have already come up in one of the umpteenth other no child wantee discussions.

Dig it.

Ha.  Thanks for the clairification.  I was all... "Hey!  I give back!  I give so much!  Didn't we already talk about this?"
 
Smick, that link is terrifying.  Just... so scary.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2007, 06:00:43 pm »

As soon as a group starts using an acronym to describe their lifestyle (Child Free becoming CF), and they start judging not only people, but comic characters on whether they conform to it, it loses any chance at being credible.

That said, I think there is a lot of merit in limiting how many children you have (and note, I am implying that it is a self-imposed limit, and not one put upon you by the state).  So many of the problems of the world come back to there being so many people running about that the concept of people only having enough babies to sustain the population seems a much nicer alternative.  But then of course, bringing such a thing about carries with it its own set of problems, some of which have already been discussed.
Logged
~

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2007, 06:08:56 pm »


^
|  Stuff about Childfree

                                     Here's what I noticed about my post upon further review.

|  Stuff about The Breeders
v

Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2007, 06:12:59 pm »


^
|  Stuff about Childfree

                                     Here's what I noticed about my post upon further review.

|  Stuff about The Breeders
v



Of course now you're going to listen to another song and ruin this wonderful image. Assuming that Last.fm doesn't take 3 weeks to update, that is.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2007, 06:15:40 pm »

I am so weirded out by the idea of online communities about being 'childfree' that I can't even begin to explain.  If only because spending the time freed up by not having children by talking about the fact that you don't have children... You know that thing Lewis Black does where he shakes his head and his face flops all over the place when something really doesn't make sense? I need an animated icon of that.

It is good that some of you are continuing the species and I don't have to do it. Thank you. That's all.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2007, 06:35:10 pm »

I might wanna be a dad some day... but I'd like to take a genuine shot at makin' a living as a writer first.

And to do that, I gotta live lean.

To afford raising a kid right in Bush's America, you gotta have the kind of job that does not allow a person like me with a damaged attention span to begin with to be able to follow his dreams on the side.

I guess my feelings are somewhere in the middle.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

kage23

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2007, 07:55:37 pm »

I just want to say that I love how a discussion about bidets can become a discussion about whether or not to have children.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2007, 08:33:14 pm »

We did this once before and I ranted and raved.  I'm not doing it again. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2007, 08:41:20 pm »

I believe I've said it before, but I'll say it again: the segments of childfree that bother me are the ones that seem personally offended at the idea that anyone has ever had a child, and particularly that someone has taken that child into a public place. Make the (non-)reproductive decisions you want to, but Christ, being upset simply because children exist and are sometimes in public places, sometimes even making sounds, makes you a prick.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2007, 09:21:59 pm »

basically I have no respect for people who can't tolerate children even sometimes. I mean, is it that hard to put up with a kid for 30 minutes? JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE.

I don't know... I am basically impossible to annoy, usually, and overly tolerant. The thing I am not tolerant of is... people who are easily annoyed, basically.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2007, 09:43:14 pm »

My big issue is that they support Cathy.  Ack!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2007, 10:37:27 pm »

Overpopulating the planet is totally a Hunt's Move.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2007, 05:38:39 am »

Overpopulation: Bad.

Being a dick with regards to your opinion: Also bad.

Mental image of how to use a bidet in a mean manner: OH MY GOD MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP DEAR LORD THE WORLD MADE SENSE YESTERDAY
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2007, 03:34:15 am »

Word, Ash, your post a page or two back says it all, as long as the reader takes it with a grain of salt. People who don't like kids I don't get -you were one, right? People loved you and put up with you and you turned out OK, right? I treasure every moment with my kids; I treasure other people's kids too and I truly believe that we should treat every child like our own child - wouldn't the world be a better place for kids if we all looked out for all of them, took the moments to lead, teach, nurture and love them when it's needed?

Seriously, if you want a better planet and better neighborhood, an active role is the most important thing you can take.

Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up