Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - mavies

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
1
People & Places / Re: Lets be real
« on: October 30, 2007, 11:02:08 am »
I've been realising that I'll have nothing interesting to say before I event start to write the post recently.. I think I've subconsciously relegated myself back to lurker status.

2
Sports & Leisure / Re: Urban Dead Thread
« on: October 09, 2007, 09:50:06 pm »
I'll give it a shot.. played this ages and ages ago but never really got into it. So I got a new policeguy, rather creatively named mavies, ready to kick some butts! Or maybe not.. I got the whole too many server hits thing. I'll look into this in the morning..

3
History / Re: Not For Sale
« on: September 26, 2007, 11:36:57 am »
Damn, that's some harsh shit. I just signed up, not exactly doing much but it's something.

Apparently there's a major problem with this sort of thing here in Qatar (and the middle east in general).. people from the third world being exploited to fuck. There's a shitload of labourers brought here from villages in the arse-end of nowhere after signing a contract they can't even understand, then getting their passports confiscated and made to work outdoors in the scorching heat all day. Same goes with house-maids, except sexual abuse is said to be pretty rampant. They're treated like third-class citizens a lot of the time too, especially by the locals. They move out here to get money to send home to their families, then end up not getting paid or whatever. You don't hear about it much though, the government likely just covers it up. They aint adverse to the odd bit of censorship.

4
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: September 26, 2007, 09:54:21 am »
Concentrating on getting a paper done by posting about doing it on here? That's my kind of concentration, right there. Best of luck to you! What's the paper gotta be about exactly?

When I finish work today I'm going to concentrate on not fuck*ng things up with the extremely nice girl who is interested in me. This isn't a situation I am at all experienced with. But it is awesome!

5
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Pan's Labyrinth
« on: September 20, 2007, 08:04:08 am »
Ah, that's cool then. Sorry peoples, it seemed kinda spoilery at the time. I almost saw it a few nights ago, but ended up watching A Boy & His Dog again. Man, that film is awesome. I just sat there and laughed for a good 10 minutes at the ending.

But yeah I am totally gonna watch that Pan's Labyrinth sometime in the next few weeks. And Children of Men, again. Also 300. This is why I love you people, you give me ideas.

6
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Pan's Labyrinth
« on: September 17, 2007, 07:43:15 am »
Dude. Spoiled it halfway to hell, yo. Reading this thread made me want to watch this film, but now, alas! 'T'is ruininated.

I s'pose I had it coming reading it, but still, is mini-font that hard?

7
People & Places / Re: Photos?
« on: September 17, 2007, 07:39:56 am »
Is the food chain usually this awesome? because it is looking pretty awesome right there.

8
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: September 17, 2007, 07:38:17 am »
Today I'm going to lose my job. Oh, wait, I did that yesterday. Well today I shall find a new one!

9
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: September 13, 2007, 10:53:11 am »
Never mind the smell, how does it taste? Pleasant? Would it be marketable as a beverage? Inevajuice, the sensationally sweet swill, get it while it's luke-warm.

I'm constantly thirsty & tired as well, but I think that's more the drinking coffee all day and booze every night. I hope you aint got diabetes, man. That would be no fun, particularly for a young fellow like yourself. My fingers are crossed on your behalf.

Today I am going to be hungry until I go home, as the bloody canteen at work is closed for ramadan. Then tonight, I'm going to celebrate the start of this most auspicious holy season (as well as the weekend) by getting drunk and watching the Omega Man or Brazil. Unless I get asked out somewhere, in which case I'll jump for joy at actually having the beginnings of a social life. Maybe I should do the asking out?

10
People & Places / Re: Photos?
« on: September 13, 2007, 10:28:28 am »
Self defence.. How could you prove that? Do you have to have like bite-marks on your throat to show as evidence before you can shoot it? Also SSS?

Cougar medicine.. I like that term. It'd almost be worth getting stalked by one just to be all "COME TAKE YOUR MEDICINE, YOU PUSSY!"

Living alongside deadly animals like that seems pretty mind-blowing to me. Just knowing that nature could just come along and take you out. The most dangerous native species round by me is spoilt arabs in big cars with no fuck*ng idea how to drive, which despite probably killing more dudes, doesn't really compare to getting your flesh chomped on.

11
People & Places / Re: Iron Felix!
« on: September 13, 2007, 10:22:38 am »
Happy morning after! I hope that any unpleasant after-effects you may be enduring are made up for by you having had a Rockin' Good Time the night before.

12
Science & Nature / Re: Computers
« on: September 12, 2007, 12:57:48 pm »
H-o-r-s-e-lover Fat

Please don't mention h-o-r-s-e loving. I'm trying to get that second life thing out of my brain.

I'm agreeing with Doc, that story of yours sounds pretty cool. I'm completely not averse to reading science fiction, so if you ever upload any or whatever, y'know, tell us.

I just read Iain M. Bank's Against a Dark Background and it has some interesting ideas in it, not to mention chicks with laser guns. Also, death. Lots and lots of death.

13
Damn, that amway sounds a lot like scientology to me. A fair bit less retarded though.. paying to become stinking rich seems a much better incentive paying to get the evil alien spirits out of your brain.

This thread has inspired me to actually try using the internet on my phone. Man is it cool! I just checked my gmails wirelessly. I bought a fancy new (relatively speaking) nokia n70 a few months ago, and all I've done with it is send texts. Didn't think of trying to go online with it. This is great news! I can go online in the 2 hours a day I am not sitting in front of my laptop or sleeping. Hurrah!

14
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: September 12, 2007, 12:02:09 pm »
Way to go, JL! I don't know you very well, but from what I can tell from stuff you write on the internet you make an extremely excellent mother. Giving the kid such a cool name is a darn good start.

Inev, at least you've tried to give it.. I've always meant to but never got round to it. It's probably all a vampire conspiracy anyway, so I'll leave the bloodsucking fiends work for their supper.

15
People & Places / Re: Photos?
« on: September 12, 2007, 08:23:20 am »
yeah, I was attempting to use humour to distract from the fact that there is no story here. I forget what I was referring to.

other than, you know, that really fun thing where a girl is all "I am so pretty, and also smart and awesome! I flirt with you all the time!" and you go "RAD!" and she goes "what the fuck, leave me alone! Why can't we just be friends!" and it's like... "what!? What? But you were... fuck! stop that!"

except that even this only happened in my head? damn, I am in kind of a weird place lately.

That sucks, man. You got my sympathies, and no fuck*ng shall be taking place either.

wait.. I guess that is, uh, kind of the problem?

But yeah seriously I hate the whole messing with the head thing that far too many of the seemingly nice girls seem to do. Maybe it's unintentional, or just us hormonal youngsters looking into things too deeply? Or both? Well yeah I'm going to stop now as this is like a slightly retarded dog trying to teach another dog how to play the harmonica.

Fuck it, this thread has been calling me to post a random picture I really get a kick out of.

That is an awfully cool picture. Did you take it? Did the flash startle the deer into legging it, followed by the pissed off puma deciding on a nice tasty meal of photographer instead? Then you picked up that massive log in front of you and had an epic duel? That'd be even cooler.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4