Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Death Ray

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1
Wild Card / Re: Weapon Brown: The Funny Pages Weaponized
« on: January 23, 2013, 01:29:18 pm »
Aw shucks, gang. I'm blushing!

2
Wild Card / Weapon Brown: The Funny Pages Weaponized
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:59:39 am »
After trickling out my web strip Weapon Brown over the past few years as I built my graphic novel, my adventure/parody of Charlie Brown after the Apocalypse is now posting four times a week on Whatisdeepfried.com!

Here are the first couple installments. Follow the action as your favorite comic strip stars, from Annie to Ziggy, are "weaponized" into Road Warrior-style mutants and bad asses!



3
Achewood / 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
« on: January 05, 2011, 05:51:04 pm »
Can someone please explain to me why Achewood has turned into a mere trickle of its former self? I've been looking at the Roast Beef bitch tits strip for what seems like months  now. Is Onstad officially reducing his output to once an epoch, or does this owe to such other time consuming projects as scannable "smart" Achewood cocktail napkins and licensed "Here Comes A Special Boy" palsy helmets?

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01052011

Edited to add Comic Date and link to strip.


4
Achewood / Achewood Web Server
« on: November 03, 2010, 10:32:12 pm »
Does anyone know the name of Chris Onstad's web host? The site seems to be pretty dependable, and i am looking to switch servers. For that matter, does anyone want to suggest an affordable hosting service with MySql as the only important non-standard feature?

5
Achewood / Re: supporters of onstrad
« on: October 20, 2010, 04:09:13 am »
I asked elsewhere, but is that supposed to be jttp?

By which I should have said: "you might want to change your link to http, unless it's an inside joke that I'm not privy to".

Oh! You were asking ME. Thanks for the heads up. It is fixed now.

6
Achewood / Re: supporters of onstrad
« on: October 19, 2010, 07:36:15 pm »
one strip a week? what, is he emailing them to you? seven strips since august began - twelve weeks ago. if dude went to a weekly format, i think we'd all be fine with that.

Heh- I read this to suggest that I was underestimating how many strips he was putting out. I was racking my brain to figure out how you were getting seven strips a week.

Yeah, one a week would be sweet. BTW, Weapon Brown updates twice weekly! (Just a little whoring, folks Don't flame me, blast your eyes.)

7
Achewood / Re: supporters of onstrad
« on: October 19, 2010, 02:25:23 pm »
Quit fuck*ng around here and write another strip, Chris.

Since Chris has gone begging I bit the bullet and bought a month's worth of Achewood Premium.

Color me a little disappointed. I thought Chris was producing more strips than he was making public, but hiding them in the Premium content section. Sadly, it appears that Chris IS only doing one strip a week. Yeah, there's other goodies, but I want the pitchers what got the word bubbles, cod snabbit!

So what is CO doing with his free time (besides rolling around and around in my $2.99?). He better be working on something for Adult Swim or I want my pocket change back!

8
Achewood / Re: You neck-breathin' earth gypsy! 9/23/10
« on: September 24, 2010, 07:14:49 pm »
Anyone of y'all grok that the Known Breakfast Drink is what Jeeves prepares for Wooster at the start of their premier episode?

9
Achewood / Re: Amateur mayhem - July 15 2010
« on: July 24, 2010, 04:51:54 pm »
Although "You're going to stink between the shoulders" is my new family motto, I still think Chris oughta provide more than one strip a week. What's he want me to do? Subscribe??

10
Achewood / What good, membership?
« on: June 17, 2010, 03:16:12 pm »
So what do people who subscribe to the Onstad's premium gold-pressed latinum membership actually get? There are storylines taking place that are unrelated to what goes out to the public, correct? Am I to believe that what happens in those stories will never be referenced in the other comics? That it all stays in Vegas?

11
Achewood / Re: May 11th, 2010 - "a hilarious dare"
« on: May 13, 2010, 03:28:43 pm »
WHO GETS IN A VAN NAKED WITH NICE PETE?? WHO?!? WHO??!??

12
Not Daisy Owl / Re: Weapon Brown
« on: April 07, 2010, 10:59:51 pm »
Pimp that comic, D'Ray.

I have to admit that I have never gotten around to reading WB, though I find the concept intriguing. I think it's because it looks like shit on my netbook display. I'm gonna order the first WB book and get caught up, though.

Are you going to be offering book one of Deep Fried again soon?

Your best choice is to order the Great Taste of Deep Fried trade from my store, which contains has the contents of issues 1-4. http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/product.html

13
Not Daisy Owl / Re: John Campbell's Hourly Comic
« on: March 15, 2010, 03:45:16 pm »
I am put in mind of Jim's Journal.

14
Not Daisy Owl / Weapon Brown
« on: March 15, 2010, 03:38:17 pm »
Finally! A sub-forum where I can whore my ass and not start a flame war. Probably.

Anyway, lemme just send props out to my own comic and related merch so I can manage my rent increase and not have Glenn Beck build a career off how shiftless libs who can hold their liquor without having to pray five times a day to Salt Lake City are tearing down this economy.

"Nutshell it, bitch!" Weapon Brown is Charlie Brown after the apocalypse. And not just Charlie Brown, but "weaponized" homages to virtually every comic strip you've ever loved. Bloom County, Ziggy, Dilbert, Boondocks...you name it. It's an action parody with sex, violence, love, redemption, cannibals, misogyny and humor.

The strip updates Mondays and Wednesdays. The story has just reached the boss level, where Chuck will face off against his arch nemeses CAL-v.1N and HOBS. After that, it will all be collected into a graphic novel.

Here's a couple pages. Visit Whatisdeepfried.com for more.




15
Achewood / Re: February 6th, 2010 - "little massive man"
« on: March 15, 2010, 03:21:29 pm »
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02062010

Haven't we done stories about Ray training a younger character to be like him before?

Points for the proper variant spelling of "tight" anyway.

So why do I get in trouble when I spell night "nite"? Frikkin' double standards in this society...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10