Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - TripperDay

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
1
Science & Nature / Re: quitting ...again
« on: March 21, 2014, 05:48:20 am »
I really like vaping. I was a pack a day smoker for almost 20 years and regular cigarettes taste terrible now. I can't believe I could have been "smoking" blueberry cheesecake all that time.

Don't bother with the blus or shit from a gas station. Get something good. I like my protank and vision/ego spinner. Get backups of everything you need so you don't buy a pack of cigs when your battery runs out or a coil dies. Don't vape in restaurants unless someone else is vaping and no one is bitching about that dude.

2
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« on: July 24, 2012, 06:42:46 pm »
I am watching Breaking Bad from the first episode on.  AMC is reairing each episode, in consecutive order leading up to the new season starting, and the PVR is hopping. 

Crap. Can't believe I missed this. Netflix streaming has only the first three seasons. Maybe they'll do it again. I'll keep checking.

I am getting to the point where I'd rather watch streaming TV episodes than movies. In one season, you get the plot and character development of a 12 hour movie, conveniently broken up into 12 one hour bites of entertainment, most of which have a neat plot twists resulting in thrilling cliffhangers.

3
Achewood / Re: Cookbook?
« on: December 10, 2011, 04:54:21 pm »
Ahem...

bump.



4
Achewood / Re: The Cure
« on: September 29, 2010, 03:59:59 pm »
I bought a Paul McCartney album today.

Damn, son. You sure you want on the internet where anyone can find out?

What do y'all think the Tenmen sound like?

5
Science & Nature / Re: Family Tech Support
« on: September 23, 2010, 10:05:27 pm »
My mom just got a Mac ordered by my brother-in-law, which means the BIL has to fix it if she can actually screw up a Mac.

6
Achewood / Re: You neck-breathin' earth gypsy! 9/23/10
« on: September 23, 2010, 07:23:39 pm »
Ray is in Safe Mode.

7
Wild Card / Re: How to Dress
« on: September 22, 2010, 07:32:53 pm »
I really appreciate this thread. I haven't bought a suit in over a decade and I've actually begun to dress more casually as I've aged. I'd already made up my mind to build up a better wardrobe once I found a job, and there's some do's, don'ts, and links here that will be useful.

There was one earlier post I didn't quite agree with. The blue blazer with brass buttons is like the fedora. You may (well, probably) look like a tool in one, but you might look great. Depends on the man and the rest of what he's wearing.

8
Achewood / Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« on: September 22, 2010, 02:06:37 pm »
There's still nothing in the store except stickers and greeting cards. I don't think asking for money, then not having store inventory is a good model. Granted, he didn't ask people to buy stuff, but some people would be more likely to buy something after he asked for money. Maybe a few of those people will still give out of the goodness of their heart after finding nothing in the store to buy, but that's got to be a really low number.

9
Sports & Leisure / Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« on: September 16, 2010, 10:22:26 pm »
How long are sun-dried tomatoes good for? I've had some for almost a year (opened and refrigerated) and I'm thinking about a meatloaf and sun dried tomato sandwich with extra meatloaf glaze for moisture and sandwich condiment.

10
Achewood / Re: On the topic of Assetbar...
« on: September 16, 2010, 04:50:46 pm »
Mainly on the plain.

11
Achewood / Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
« on: September 16, 2010, 04:49:00 pm »
I bookmarked Kanye West's twitter page after reading a mashup of his tweets and cartoons from The New Yorker and realizing that the cartoons were entirely unnecessary.

Quote
I want to edit the film on a boat... where are the good editing boats?

followed by

Quote
I need my editing boat to be designed by Mark Newson and or Jeff Koons or like a collab of both or like put some Picasso's in there or yes

12
It's amazing how he makes up new idioms that sound like the cool people have been saying them forever.

13
Achewood / Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« on: September 08, 2010, 05:53:33 pm »
i agree with wombat.

but, oh well, all good things must come to an end.

-snip-

regardless of the bodily damage you may well incur from your optimism,
the primary difference between Chris Onstadt begging for money and a panhandler who may either be on hard times or be on hard drugs is that the panhandler doesn't have a website full of years worth of content for you to freely peruse.

or, if the panhandler does, maybe he should get off the street and stop spreading TB.



That's true. I thought the rumors of Achewood's death had been exaggerated, but even the store is missing most of its content. I didn't try to put every item in my cart, but I clicked on a lot of them and all I found was a pack of stickers.

On another note, I noticed you were in NW TN. I was born in Trenton. Small web, I guess.

Anyone got a copy of one of the cookbooks for sale? I hate that I never got one of those.

14
Achewood / Re: 9 July 2010 - The gay man reveals his dong
« on: July 14, 2010, 08:39:09 pm »
I think Teodor is about to break out of a van by slinging a gay cat by the dick.

15
Achewood / Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« on: November 17, 2009, 10:43:13 pm »
Paul, I am on the same page as you and the Bear.

In retrospect, the last... eight or nine years of my life seem to be one long unending string of situations wherein I was handed the keys to destiny and, time after time, did not realize the fact until on reflection afterwards excepting a few cases wherein I knew what I was possibly getting into, decided that I would only embarass myself, and got out of dodge before I could humiliate myself in the effort.

I... need to be less like this.

I'm glad other people are feeling this. It shouldn't matter, but it does.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4