Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - sardoniclaconic

Pages: [1]
1
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: November 02, 2009, 10:45:36 pm »
...pull an all-nighter studying for my social psych exam tomorrow, blargh

2
History / Re: Halloween 2009
« on: November 01, 2009, 12:45:05 am »
I'm not dressing up this year, no one to do it with. If I did, my plan was to wear a pink jogging suit and go as Little Mac from "Punch-Out!!" for the NES (from the scene where he jogs through New York City with Doc). I was hoping to find someone with a bicycle to help me out.

3
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: October 22, 2009, 02:59:36 pm »
I can tell you from experience that in lower-end retail, "work hot" usually applies to the guy that looks least like a molester.

4
People & Places / Re: new achewood discussion board
« on: October 22, 2009, 04:24:49 am »
Ah, sorry. I didn't mean to jump on you. I've just seen some nasty interactions between the two groups in the past.

And as a heads up, you'll have to expect that half of the new accounts created from now on will be Mr. Wonderful aliases. Congratulations, you have contracted assetbar's incurable VD.

5
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: October 22, 2009, 03:17:01 am »
...stay up all night watching Black Books and writing papers. Hooray!

6
People & Places / Re: new achewood discussion board
« on: October 22, 2009, 03:02:29 am »
Maybe we should spam their board.  Let them know they are welcome here too if they know how to behave themselves..

I really don't think spamming would accomplish anything but breeding more strife, although the internet could always use more pictures of pugs. As for being welcome here, I'm feeling a bit confused. On the one hand, everyone has been very friendly to me so far; on the other, I do hear a lot of disparaging talk about people from assetbar, and I can't help but wonder a little whether I'm being welcomed or just tolerated. I think spamming of any sort would only serve to intensify that vibe.

7
People & Places / Re: my dream job
« on: October 15, 2009, 03:24:15 pm »

8
Wild Card / Re: ironic?
« on: October 15, 2009, 06:19:26 am »
Thanks :) She's sweet, but she's a VERY naughty girl... she steals socks out of the dryer and she eats everything, including our neighbor's $200 work boots and a glass bowl (the bowl contained ice cream, but when the food was gone she just kept on eating).

9
Wild Card / Re: ironic?
« on: October 15, 2009, 06:01:03 am »


10
Wild Card / Re: OBAMABAMABAMABAMABAMABAMABAMA
« on: October 11, 2009, 12:34:05 am »
Already In Use was a major troll on assetbar. His thing was basically coming up with a few new screen names every couple of days and flooding the board with lengthy and often offensive posts. There is no getting rid of him, because if you block him or kick him off, he'll just create a dozen or so more accounts. He is like herpes, in that you can take care of the sores as they appear but the underlying virus will always be there.

11
People & Places / Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« on: October 10, 2009, 12:50:35 am »
I think I am probably most like Frasier, only a little less snobby and much more clumsy and shy.

I am a 25 year old gal currently in college. I grew up in Michigan and am a huge fan of snowstorms, which means I'm disappointed for most of the winter now that I'm at school in Ohio. I'm majoring in psychology and hoping to go into psycholinguistics, eventually. I haven't figured out where I'm going to grad school yet, though.
I like to read (both fiction and non), my favorites being Joyce and Faulkner. I also like to write, but only academic stuff (I am terrible at pretty much all creative writing, especially poetry). I also like to ride my bike and run.

I used to hang around assetbar, but decided to step over here because it seemed like a friendlier posting environment. I felt like people there had the tendency to badger and gang up on each other at only the slightest provocation.

Anyway, pleased to meet all of you. You seem like a good crowd.

Pages: [1]