Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342679 times)

0 Members and 184 Guests are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5715 on: October 30, 2009, 06:53:51 pm »

I will steal this for my next lyrics, and you won't ever see a dime! haw haw haw!


(but you can have a can)

I'll work for cans... Heck, you can steal my sushi video concept as well...but it has to be as rad as it is in my head.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5716 on: October 30, 2009, 06:56:20 pm »

What Comes Next (Your Pardon)
Next, then next, then consequently
I me
To the best of my reckoning
To the best of my belief
I think should like
I believe that I like
I believe so I like
I do like as I like
I thought I could (I beg your pardon)
I could be persuaded (I beg your pardon)
I will let myself be persuaded (I beg your pardon)
Someone or other, I beg your pardon
I am not one to bother, I beg your pardon
I should say so but please your pardon
I resent that but always please your pardon
I'll pay you back for this I beg your pardon
I'll repay you some day beg your pardon
Excuse me, I'm sorry, I beg your pardon
For all I know, as far as I know
I for one
As for, as to, as regards, concerning
Out of stock

Exhausted, sold out, out of stock out of stock
Now exhausted



I liked that.

There's something really touching about these instances when software is made to behave like wetware, don't you think. Rather poignant - I used to type small poems and give them to a voice synthetizer to read. Sometimes the machine would give these almost wounded inflexions to certain words, it bordered on the eerie, actually. ("I'm nobo-deee... who areyooouu? Are younobodytooo?").

As for my shameful past in the popular entertainment business, yeah, I used to do that, but that was another life.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5717 on: October 30, 2009, 07:00:37 pm »

Emily Tries is a cool name.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5718 on: October 30, 2009, 07:01:52 pm »

Oooh, can't wait to get home and have a listen.  Here's mine.  I am a rank amateur, with unfortunately few ideas lately. 
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5719 on: October 31, 2009, 05:16:01 am »

That strange, insane little man is my hero and the reason why my bedroom is purple with gold trim.

I fuck*ng love Prince. That is so rad.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5720 on: October 31, 2009, 08:50:48 am »

everything i know about sex, i learned from prince.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5721 on: November 01, 2009, 10:54:03 am »

awesome tile, lister. is it original? good-looking vanity, too. what style house? how old?

Before.

The house was built in '72, and it's pretty much a standard ranch.  The bathroom fixtures weren't original, but I replaced them anyway*, and extended it a little for some more space.  What I like about the tile is that it a) matches that weird blue shower and b) isn't tied to a specific time period.

Today I gave out candy to some kids.  I unfortunately couldn't remember the Spanish word for "choose" and so one kid put two pieces of his candy in my basket instead of choosing two for himself.  I ended the day with way too much candy.  I'm not that worried about it.

Also I've paid property taxes now!  And mistook an instruction for drilling a 3/8" hole to mean 3/4"!  So this is fun.  I'm still thinking about Batman.

*Due to Style.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5722 on: November 02, 2009, 12:27:42 am »

 
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5723 on: November 02, 2009, 02:21:18 pm »

...go home sick from work for the first time in months.  I am (a) coming down with a cold and (b) emotionally drained.  If it were just one or the other, I'd be fine, but as it's both, I'm going home and putting my head under the covers and shutting out the world and sleeping for hours and hours. 
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5724 on: November 02, 2009, 05:29:58 pm »

...go to a job interview.

Strictly, that's tomorrow, but I really need a job so I thought it deserved a bit of joy.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5725 on: November 02, 2009, 07:18:50 pm »

Best of luck on the interview, then!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

sardoniclaconic

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 11
  • I have died
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5726 on: November 02, 2009, 10:45:36 pm »

...pull an all-nighter studying for my social psych exam tomorrow, blargh
Logged
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5727 on: November 03, 2009, 12:46:01 am »

TIG...

Hang a coat rack in the foyer, replace a floor register and light switch plate in the dining room, replace the gasket and flapper in my leaky toilet, and install a newfangled high-tech programmable thermostat in my living room.

The thermostat was the hardest part - this house was built in '69, and the wiring is all weird and old and non-standard. Plus, we have a heat pump, so there were, like, extra wires and additional steps and stuff.

But I did it, hooray! Energy savings, here I come!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5728 on: November 03, 2009, 05:04:44 am »

TIG...

Hang a coat rack in the foyer, replace a floor register and light switch plate in the dining room, replace the gasket and flapper in my leaky toilet, and install a newfangled high-tech programmable thermostat in my living room.

The thermostat was the hardest part - this house was built in '69, and the wiring is all weird and old and non-standard. Plus, we have a heat pump, so there were, like, extra wires and additional steps and stuff.

But I did it, hooray! Energy savings, here I come!

[[high 5]] girl power!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5729 on: November 03, 2009, 05:07:53 am »

...stop worrying that I'm going to die without ever seeing the E Street Band.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 878   Go Up