Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - blim8183

Pages: [1]
1
Arts & Entertainment / Death Cab for Cutie
« on: November 14, 2003, 08:49:05 pm »
Death Cab for Cutie is one of my favorite bands ever.

Check out the new album, especially the song "Tiny Vessels" before you dismiss them. The Postal Service is great too but DCFC is better. They took me awhile to get used to as well...

2
Arts & Entertainment / Twin Peaks
« on: November 14, 2003, 08:47:39 pm »
Quote from: "Smells"
I like "Faust" best.  He has a newer film "Little Otik" which I haven't seen yet - but I really like some of his shorter works.  Also worthy of a try are the films of Guy Maddin - a Winnipegger.  His newest film "Saddest Music in the World" features a Lynch alum - Isabella Rossellini- and is currently working the festival circut around the world.


I saw some Guy Maddin stuff at the Pucheon International Fantastic Film Festival over the summer in Korea and had really mixed reactions. Twilight of the Ice Nymphs and Caution? Careful? I forget what it was called... bored me out of my mind. On the other hand Heart of the World was one of the most incredible short films I've ever seen and Dracula Pages from a Virgin's Diary was great as well.

As for David Lync. I love him to death. Twin Peaks is the greatest show ever and Blue Velvet is one of my favorite films. Rabbits (the shorts he does on his website) is funny as well.

3
Arts & Entertainment / Shirts as communication
« on: November 14, 2003, 08:39:14 pm »
My friend and I saw a guy wearing an Achewood shirt on campus and both freaked out. While we were freaking out about it he walked away though and we didn't get a chance to compliment him on the shirt.

A couple days later we e-mailed Chris Onstad about the status of our order and also mentioned seeing his merchandise around NYC and he replid by saying it freaks him out everytime that happens to him.

4
Wild Card / How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« on: November 14, 2003, 08:36:20 pm »
I ordered a hoodie back in September and have been expecting it everyday for the past 3 weeks. I should stop getting my hopes up...

Pages: [1]