Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twin Peaks  (Read 3941 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Twin Peaks
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2003, 12:18:35 am »

Quote from: "side_show"

Try Jan Svankmajer, I recommend "Alice" first or maybe "Faust" ...


Ooooh, seconded, Faust kicked ass. Saw it a few years ago around christmas. Must see it again! And I'll have to check out Alice too.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Twin Peaks
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2003, 12:35:55 am »

I like "Faust" best.  He has a newer film "Little Otik" which I haven't seen yet - but I really like some of his shorter works.  Also worthy of a try are the films of Guy Maddin - a Winnipegger.  His newest film "Saddest Music in the World" features a Lynch alum - Isabella Rossellini- and is currently working the festival circut around the world.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

blim8183

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mynameisben.com
Twin Peaks
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2003, 08:47:39 pm »

Quote from: "Smells"
I like "Faust" best.  He has a newer film "Little Otik" which I haven't seen yet - but I really like some of his shorter works.  Also worthy of a try are the films of Guy Maddin - a Winnipegger.  His newest film "Saddest Music in the World" features a Lynch alum - Isabella Rossellini- and is currently working the festival circut around the world.


I saw some Guy Maddin stuff at the Pucheon International Fantastic Film Festival over the summer in Korea and had really mixed reactions. Twilight of the Ice Nymphs and Caution? Careful? I forget what it was called... bored me out of my mind. On the other hand Heart of the World was one of the most incredible short films I've ever seen and Dracula Pages from a Virgin's Diary was great as well.

As for David Lync. I love him to death. Twin Peaks is the greatest show ever and Blue Velvet is one of my favorite films. Rabbits (the shorts he does on his website) is funny as well.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up