Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - robocop

Pages: [1] 2 3
1
Achewood / Re: Preserving Achewood
« on: February 22, 2018, 11:13:16 am »
Hyper excited about this. Rough draft looks great! Please keep us updated. I've considered trying to save all the strips w/ alt texts in the past, but I wouldn't know where to begin, and it was all too daunting. I appreciate you.

...back into hermitude until it is time to bind

2
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: March 04, 2016, 01:38:00 am »
If it makes you feel better El Nino is coming for a visit starting tomorrow and we'll get ~3" of rain dropped on us through the weekend.

Then it'll dry up for the work week. Fuck if that gig seems fair to me.

The Niño and Zika mosquito are in cahoots.

3
Wild Card / Re: Hella Yellin' About TRUMP
« on: March 02, 2016, 09:53:57 pm »
Even if one disregards the nastiness and stupidity of Trump, there are still his damn shrimp fingers. How can anyone trust in a guy with hideous, stubby shrimp fingers?

4
Lie Bot's Australia quip brought to mind John Oliver's description of New Zealand as Australia's Australia.

5
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Glen Frey
« on: January 20, 2016, 01:53:01 am »
I read about his death while I was driving to my laundromat. This was the only time while doing laundry there that I didn't feel rage when they inevitably played Hotel California twice in 2 hours.

6
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Some movies I just saw
« on: January 20, 2016, 01:49:58 am »
Coincidence and chance meetings have been a part of the Star Wars universe since the originals, I feel like. To me, the new one felt like a completely different series. An entertaining and fun film with an almost photocopy plot as episode iv, but not entirely a Star Wars film. I felt the same about Jabrams Jabrams Abrams' Star Trek films. Entertaining, but doesn't really feel like Star Trek.

The Force Awakens has odd pacing, some huge story/structure issues, and some (I thought) poorly cut action scenes. That said, I enjoyed it. The original 6 films did have much calmer, slower, talkier sections, and a lot more cheesy new age spirituality.

7
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: January 20, 2016, 12:47:41 am »
I admire folks with technical knowledge. I can work wood and metal, but electricity is beyond me.

8
History / Re: Do you know David Bowie?
« on: January 20, 2016, 12:43:05 am »
That's fascinating, Paul. Thanks. I didn’t know this. I like Queen a lot, but this all transpired while I was in diapers.

9
History / Re: Do you know David Bowie?
« on: January 19, 2016, 05:00:06 am »
He went out in the same way that Freddy Mercury did. No one knew Mercury was sick until the day before he died he released a statement saying he had AIDS. The next day he was gone.

Aye, but Bowie leveled up and released a damn brilliant album as his statement, then clarified with a haunting (particularly in hindsight) video. The world was, as always with Bowie, just slow to catch up.

10
Arts & Entertainment / Re: What are you listening to?
« on: January 19, 2016, 04:47:07 am »
Today:
Earl Sweatshirt - I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside: An Album by Earl Sweatshirt (2015)
Tom Waits - Small Change (1976) <--- I listen to a Waits album in entirety every single day
Tayi Bebba - Clap! Clap! (2014)
Mantronix - Mantronix: The Album (1985)
Kurt Vile - b'lieve i'm goin down... <---- holychristsogood

Watching most recent SNL (seems I will never give up on this show), and Fred Armisen introduces a tribute to Bowie. They play a clip of his 1979 SNL performance of "The Man Who Sold The World." SO turns to me and asks, "Why did he cover a Nirvana song?"

11
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Some movies I just saw
« on: January 19, 2016, 04:30:45 am »
Anomalisa (2015) split my face down the seam. I will never experience anything like that again. Kaufman is a treasure.

Room (2015) - I cracked three teeth from anxious bruxism during one particular scene. Only film I found to be more tense last year was...

...Sicario (2015), which literally had me on the edge of my seat with my heart echoing in my ears for the entire runtime. Fascinating and gutting.

12
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: January 19, 2016, 02:23:49 am »
Flip switch = light goes on

There are many instances in my life where I'd expected and wanted this to happen, yet it didn't. I should be more thankful for the times that it does.

Then again, I was once thrown off of a ladder and across a set by touching the housing of an improperly grounded light, so my respect for electricity is primarily based around fear.

13
Daisy Owl / Re: Peep
« on: January 16, 2016, 11:13:19 pm »
This sucks less than previously!

14
Achewood / Re: 15th January 2016 - Jumpin' to the left of lightnin'
« on: January 15, 2016, 10:08:10 pm »
I feel tingly.

15
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: January 15, 2016, 08:26:53 pm »
Inev, hope you were watching out for D-Money, Smoothie, and Shifty.

Pages: [1] 2 3