Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 71   Go Down

Author Topic: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...  (Read 162076 times)

0 Members and 48 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #300 on: February 08, 2016, 04:51:28 am »

I was supposed to go through Human Subjects training a year ago, and I never did it. Then my boss asked me if I wanted to do it to do interviews for her and get some extra hours of work doing interviews, and I didn't do it.

Now I realized what I want to do for my final project, and I need the certification. Damnit.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #301 on: February 09, 2016, 12:35:51 am »

This lady I had a crush on in college just sent me a really silly chain email. I guess it's flattering that I was one of the first 10 people she thought of, even though I have only seen her three times in the last 7 years?

Or maybe she has become a recluse and has not made any new friends.

You sound almost hopeful.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #302 on: February 10, 2016, 04:42:51 am »

A can for the cans.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #303 on: February 13, 2016, 01:32:38 am »

First day at the new gig. It is gonna be an exciting job. I am pumped.
...
It took two and a half hours to get home. I have no idea why. I stood there in an unheated train station, on a 20 degree day, for an hour. Train after train came-- going to the coast, going straight west, or going express to Trenton/Philly. No local trains, no explanation.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #304 on: February 14, 2016, 06:42:27 am »

It took two and a half hours to get home. I have no idea why. I stood there in an unheated train station, on a 20 degree day, for an hour. Train after train came-- going to the coast, going straight west, or going express to Trenton/Philly. No local trains, no explanation.

Public Transportation is sometimes unreliable?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #305 on: February 14, 2016, 07:37:46 pm »

I guess what I meant is an explanation of when the trains would come. Are they coming soon? Should I go back and wait somewhere else warm? The countdown timer seemed to say that all 4 trains that hadn't shown up should be arriving any minute. The people on the loudspeaker were announcing the other trains coming in as if nothing was wrong.

Saw Protomartyr last night. I didn't realize until I got there that this venue was the place I went the first time I went to Williamsburg. I remember being unimpressed at the time. The show was awesome.

Afterwards went to an adorable little bar in Red Hook where some older dudes were playing folk music and singing. There was a very cute fiddle player my age who seemed a little embarrassed about how much she was shredding.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:51:33 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #306 on: February 29, 2016, 04:27:48 am »

Went on a really good date. It kind of bums me out how jaded I am about going on dates at this point. I would like to feel a little more excited.

This semester is kicking my butt. I'm over it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #307 on: March 01, 2016, 03:41:38 am »

This semester is kicking my butt. I'm over it.

C'mon son, you gotta rally!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #308 on: March 03, 2016, 02:07:14 pm »

I looked at the outside thermometer and it said 90d


Just fuck off, nnn-kay.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

robocop

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 38
  • It's Spaghetti Time!
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #309 on: March 04, 2016, 01:38:00 am »

If it makes you feel better El Nino is coming for a visit starting tomorrow and we'll get ~3" of rain dropped on us through the weekend.

Then it'll dry up for the work week. Fuck if that gig seems fair to me.

The Niņo and Zika mosquito are in cahoots.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #310 on: March 06, 2016, 05:19:48 am »

Realizing that learning some coding skills was a good impulse. At my new internship for some reason they expected me to know the statistical analysis software that they use-- I don't, really, but I am picking it up pretty fast I think. A lot of typing things like CONCATENATE A TO C. PRINT ALL.

On the other hand, I stopped fiddling around with code or any other computer stuff once this new semester started. Looking at it today, it's like it all got sucked out of my brain by a big dumb vacuum. Damn! I feel like I had actually learned some cool stuff. Interestingly the muscle memory is still there-- I can't remember how to do anything consciously, but my fingers remember hotkeys. Here's hoping it's like Spanish, where I think I forget it all but after a few days it clicks and comes back.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 05:23:17 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #311 on: March 06, 2016, 12:24:40 pm »

Google is always a big help in remembering coding.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #312 on: March 08, 2016, 06:52:08 am »

Also I saw a cute girl chug half a bottle of Heinz ketchup. So that was... somethin.

At least it wasn't Hunt's, right?

fuck what am I doing with my life
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #313 on: March 09, 2016, 01:03:23 pm »

I don't have anything interesting to say, I'm just glad the board is up.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #314 on: March 13, 2016, 05:24:49 pm »

Somehow my mom has hidden until just now that she has been hoping I will move back to North Carolina eventually. Sorry, mom.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 71   Go Up