Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - St_Zartan

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 62
1
Wild Card / Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?
« on: August 06, 2005, 12:44:56 pm »
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Some the guards were way too  into making the inmates dance and one was especially fond of the rubber glove. It was disturbing.


Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that careers in law enforcement and / or corrections would have been a magnet for sadists.

Quote from: "Several people"
Prison rape


Oh, and people? Coyly paraphrasing a Chris Rock routine doesn't really change the fact that you are, basically, saying "I hope someone gets violently raped". This guy may be an assjack with a seriously tenuous grip on reality who desperately needs a time-out from society, but come on - realizing that there is a distinct possibility that a human being will be raped in prison and not giving a damn, or worse, actually finding it grimly satisfying, doesn't really give you the moral high ground.

2
Achewood / Baby updates - ongoing
« on: August 05, 2005, 08:46:18 pm »
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm a little hazy here, but would an imploding star create a black hole? Because that would do a lot of damage. Just look at the Black Hole Slam


I haven't been to Denny's since they stopped serving the Alabama Slam.

3
Achewood / Baby updates - ongoing
« on: August 05, 2005, 02:56:30 pm »
Quote from: "CortJstr"
...and I've heard some say for it to be a lariat the attacker must be airborn.


That's what I always thought. I defer to you on wrestling move nomenclature, though, especially since a busybody got our library's copy of PRO WRESTLING'S MOST PUNISHING FINISHING MOVES withdrawn from the system.

4
Achewood / August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
« on: August 05, 2005, 01:55:27 pm »
Philippe lives at the center of a veritable storm of hardcore pornography, drug abuse, and violence. It's a wonder he still has all his limbs. So yeah, he's a good kid. Y'all quit DRINKING THAT HATERADE

Plus, everyone's rackin' on about the sugar, but caffeine will fuck you up gloriously when you're young. Seriously: I remember caffeine as being something bizarre and exotic, to be coveted. Then again, I wasn't Carlos' kid.

5
Achewood / Baby updates - ongoing
« on: August 05, 2005, 01:07:47 pm »
Quote from: "Null"
What does the verb "clothesline" mean?


I like that we, as a community, just jumped all over this question. Good show, fellows.

6
Wild Card / The silicon snake oil promises of the internet
« on: August 05, 2005, 05:20:02 am »
I heard Achewood T-shirts give off some kind of poison gas

7
Achewood / Baby updates - ongoing
« on: August 05, 2005, 03:38:00 am »
Quote from: "wombat"
I like them.  They are usually amusing and you can't deny that sometimes, the man writes a nice sentence.


Agreed. I actually enjoy the hell out of them. It's fun, seeing what is / was no doubt a complex scene or situation boiled down into a simple, formulaic declarative sentence (my all-time favorite: "The baby acted bad at the restaurant").

They're lagniappe. Just whatever flips your switch, I guess.

8
Achewood / Just Like Old Times (04 Aug 05)
« on: August 04, 2005, 07:16:22 pm »

9
Achewood / Just Like Old Times (04 Aug 05)
« on: August 04, 2005, 07:09:32 pm »
Quote from: "acoxcae"
I also like that when Ray calls Beef, apparently as soon as Ray asks what he just stepped in, Beef's like "Ooh, was it dog shit?"


That is an awesome little detail I missed this morning. One pack of "Yo! MTV Raps" trading cards to you for pointing that out.


10
Wild Card / Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?
« on: August 04, 2005, 07:06:21 pm »
LET'S BE FRANK: TWO IN THE CRANK

That is a helpful mnemonic device about shooting an assailant twice in the genitals (pref. c*ck). I am looking into licensing potential (foam can holders, trucker hats, t-shirts w/ optional Confederate flag device), so if anyone uses it as a sig on an Internet message board, get ready for a lawsuit.

Somebody nice: the entire police and fire departments have got your back? And to think we were worried!

Of course, I don't know if I can be seen helping out an authority figure.

11
Wild Card / Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?
« on: August 04, 2005, 05:10:47 pm »
Gee, I guess it was just a question of who was toting a more potent phallic symbol.

THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS FOR CULTURAL ARCHETYPES, WOMBAT

12
Wild Card / The silicon snake oil promises of the internet
« on: August 04, 2005, 03:24:54 pm »
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I am technically at work and thus can't really be bothered to look it up, so: does anyone know what precisely happened between this guy and PA?


Here you go - I had to look it up, myself, and then I was sort of "That's it? ... Huh." If you want to know where ridiculous, petty disputes can be inflated beyond all reasonable expectation, well, that place is the Internet.

Don't miss the discussion page for that article. That shit goes on and on.

13
Achewood / Just Like Old Times (04 Aug 05)
« on: August 04, 2005, 03:04:56 pm »
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Meh.

JUST LIKE OLD TIMES!

14
Wild Card / The silicon snake oil promises of the internet
« on: August 04, 2005, 02:34:15 pm »
I read and enjoy Penny Arcade, and Tycho's news posts are great reads, but Jesus Christ, those die-hard Penny Arcade fans are complete fuckin' dipshits, I swear. I feel bad for this dude (whom I'd never heard of until just now); PA readers just can't seem to stop patting themselves on the back for all the Interweb Influence they wield, and what happened here seems like one more case of HEY LET'S STEAMROLL THIS GUY FOR PA!!!1 BECAUSE WE CAN~

(People who invest way too much of themselves, emotionally, into a fandom - especially on the goddamned Internet - really ought to be given a wide berth, if not simply locked in a habitat where they can harmlessly indulge themselves and each other forever and ever without getting tangled up in the feet of, you know, balanced people.)

Having said that, what I've skimmed of his Groundbreaking Pixel Comic doesn't really impress me - it seems like that self-consciously zany humor that the Web is more or less choked with. And all this hand-flapping and well-I-nevering and taking oneself Oh So Seriously does nothing but paint a target on your chest.

15
Achewood / Just Like Old Times (04 Aug 05)
« on: August 04, 2005, 12:25:45 pm »
Quote from: "Noah"
- free verse omitted -


He's holding the camera with one hand and pointing to himself with the other.

This is a good strip. And yeah, the sign makes it - as though the comment he made ("just like old times") he thought was so perfect that he had to preserve it in pictures, right along with the smashed turd.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 62