Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?  (Read 20551 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2005, 11:23:24 am »

Where is Somebody nice?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2005, 12:23:29 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Where is Somebody nice?


Alaska, dude, try and keep up.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2005, 01:03:37 pm »

just because you may or may not be homeless and/or depressed does not mean that you would not enjoy some quality time spent spooning.

i apologize for the formatting of the above post, state-based learning strikes again (3 cheers for jameson's).
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2005, 04:44:04 pm »

Well, as someone who generally carries a firearm on his person AND has very poor vision and low depth perception, I can see how I would be more dangerous both to myself and others than day, someone who has hell of depression.

I mean, I had lunch with Wombat and she remained utterly BULLET-HOLE-FREE.  I did not shoot her even ONCE.  So how much of a problem could my carrying a concealed weapon(s) really be?

But while people may be grown-ups and are capable of making their own decisions I would not recommend a firearm to someone else unless they were certain they needed one.  

I'm of the "better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it" camp, but then again, my moral disposition is not predicated on the ethos that all life is sacred and precious.  Sometimes some people just need to fuck*ng die.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2005, 05:05:13 pm »

Well now let's not forget that at least part of that time I had a snake to defend myself with.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2005, 05:10:47 pm »

Gee, I guess it was just a question of who was toting a more potent phallic symbol.

THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS FOR CULTURAL ARCHETYPES, WOMBAT
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2005, 05:24:57 pm »

Jesu Christo, you guys rock so hard. I love you guys so much.

Joughypantalones, you have no idea how many people we "lose" around here. You've got the ice-cold Bering Sea with strong currents. It is quite rare when our divers can actually recover a body.

Not only that, but we also have a lot of WWII bunkers. There is a strong consensus that a lot of people have probably fallen in them (or climbed in them to sleep) and then suffocated due to the hypoxic environment of an underground bunker. These bunkers are all over the island, and to my knowledge there are no maps showing the locations of all of them.

GTA:Elbonia sounds like a rad idea. Everyone here is so protective. People at the fire hall are like my family (it is especially awesome because it's like having two dozen bratty-ass brothers). Of course, being an EMT and now a firefighter, I have my radio. I keep it with me 24/7 on the weeks that I'm on-call, and I keep it tuned to the fire frequency when I'm not on call as an EMT. Once Mr. Creepy Asshole comes back, I am going to keep my radio with me all the time.

If something happens, then dispatch will receive a radio transmission something like this: "Station, this is EMS 29. I have a 10-69, repeat, 10-69, stalker violating my protective order and he's got a gun. Repeat, 10-69." And then the entire police department would show up to save the day. 10-69 means "officer needs emergency assistance".

Not only that, but a bunch of my friends have been taking me to the shooting range and a friend even lent me a family heirloom -- his grandfather's sidearm from when his grandpa headed up the homicide department in Portland. It's a .357, and I love it. Despite having problems with the hell of depression in the past, I am fine with having it. I will never buy any sort of firearm, and I will return the revolver when my friend gets back into town.

Arkabee, I do work for a local government. They are still investigating the whole matter. So far it looks like Mr. Creepy only has the felony and misdemeanor domestic violence charges against him for stalking his ex-girlfriend. We'll see if the City presses charges against him.

Dang, I have not even addressed half of the things you guys have brought up. I need to go to the little girls' room, so I'll be back in a little while with another post.

Again, I love you guys. Thank you for all the support.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2005, 05:48:09 pm »

Somebody nice: Good going. Be safe with that and hope that your police deal with the guy before you have to. But if you have to, keep your lead in a tight cluster high in the center of the torso.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2005, 06:39:10 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
But if you have to, keep your lead in a tight cluster high in the center of the torso.


Does that mean "aim right above his crank?"
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2005, 06:48:42 pm »

I'd interpret "high in the center of the torso" to be more the sternum area - if I were a female shooting a creepy/dangerous man in the crank area, I'd be aiming dead on, not messing around.  Of course, if he's determined, that sort of thing might not even immobilize.

We certainly know how to get off-topic, don't we?
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2005, 06:51:12 pm »

Quote from: "acoxcae"


We certainly know how to get off-topic, don't we?


It's a beautiful thing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2005, 07:06:21 pm »

LET'S BE FRANK: TWO IN THE CRANK

That is a helpful mnemonic device about shooting an assailant twice in the genitals (pref. c*ck). I am looking into licensing potential (foam can holders, trucker hats, t-shirts w/ optional Confederate flag device), so if anyone uses it as a sig on an Internet message board, get ready for a lawsuit.

Somebody nice: the entire police and fire departments have got your back? And to think we were worried!

Of course, I don't know if I can be seen helping out an authority figure.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2005, 07:07:59 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Of course, I don't know if I can be seen helping out an authority figure.

Damn The Man!
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2005, 07:09:11 pm »

I always assumed that torso referred to the area around the hips.

Now I've ruined everything.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Getting stalked; how to deal with court case?
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2005, 07:09:28 pm »

Quote from: "acoxcae"
I'd interpret "high in the center of the torso" to be more the sternum area - if I were a female shooting a creepy/dangerous man in the crank area, I'd be aiming dead on, not messing around.  Of course, if he's determined, that sort of thing might not even immobilize.

We certainly know how to get off-topic, don't we?


I think a magnum slug in the sternum would pretty much stop you permanently. And, yep, high torso is pretty much around the sternum. It's the widest part of a normal sized guy and has the most soft, vulnerable and highly necessary organs in it. I would save the 'crank' shot for after he's down but before he's dead if it's 'necessary'.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up