Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Bulldog Jones

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / Re: "Awesome!" A blog entry. Dec 16 2011
« on: July 17, 2012, 06:54:10 pm »
Personally, I loved the heck out of Part 2, especially when read with part 1 as a single long entry. His "Teodor voice" doesn't seem too rusty to me; I imagine some of the rambly feel comes from the sheer length of the piece. Even though I knew where things were going from the beginning, since no Teodor blog ever ends with him getting laid, I enjoyed it simply for the sake of its being Onstad prose. Plus parts 1 and 2 are chock-full of quotables, including "You only go around once, and I got no truck with god or the devil, so it’s all for a laugh, sometimes", which definitely found its way into my Facebook profile.

That being said, new comic please.

2
Achewood / Re: Is the Bough Dry?
« on: June 24, 2012, 05:52:32 pm »
Imagine what the situation would be like ten years from now, Onstad all coming round and emptying rubbish in your garden, making you smell his armpits. Just cold shooting your dog.

"Really, it's the culture of entitlement that got to me. After twenty years of shooting the same dog, I wanted to explore other creative outlets - trashing peoples' gardens, making people smell my armpits. The fans don't realize how much work it is to wake up every morning, and instantly have to deal with the pressure of thousands of anonymous jerks, all clamoring for me to shoot their dogs the way THEY want, at THEIR pace."

3
Achewood / Re: Is the Bough Dry?
« on: June 24, 2012, 12:13:20 am »
Just because the 'classic' period of Achewood is over doesn't mean that there won't be worthwhile things to see.  In fact, some of the stuff that has been dismissed as being after the decline has been very good.  I'll always support Onstad.

I was going to express just this idea. Now that the five or six strips a year since 2008 have begun to pile up, I find that I get a lot more out of them, having the ability to read through them at a reasonable pace.

4
Achewood / Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« on: June 22, 2012, 08:29:27 pm »
This strip was great.
Well, I'm glad we got that sorted, then.
I tend to go off on elaborate flights of fancy like that sometimes.

5
Achewood / Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« on: June 22, 2012, 05:08:24 am »
This strip was great.

6
Achewood / Re: 19th May 2012 - Can't you SEE?!
« on: May 25, 2012, 06:33:24 pm »
I find the idea that if you pick up some trash and then put it back down you are littering to be funny.

If I remember my childhood correctly, parents and teachers intentionally instilled this principle in us - the idea that, as soon as you touch some litter (or even if you see it and do nothing, like the Seinfeld finale) it becomes your responsibility. At least, this is exactly what runs through my head every time I pass by some trash on the ground.

7
Achewood / 19th May 2012 - Can't you SEE?!
« on: May 19, 2012, 10:48:17 am »
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05192012

There's no reason for even Connie to use the word "mazard", but I still like where this is all going.


Edit: Sorry if my chosen thread title conflicts with (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12052003) in your mind-banks.

8
Achewood / Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
« on: May 17, 2012, 04:18:32 pm »
I finally made an avatar so I could let fly my first comment (asking whether this strip had been redacted), but it looks like there's already minor consensus on that point, so... whimper not a bang.

Pages: [1]