Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - pearced

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / Re: Volume 3
« on: December 25, 2010, 09:29:02 pm »
I noticed my first inconsistency last night. He drastically changed the final panel of Philippe's Wedding Day.

I just noticed this as well. I've re-read most of the archives several times (geek) so it really jumped out at me and was quite disconcerting.

Given that such as Ray's rad chillies are included and many margin notes are devoted to how unhappy Onstad is with these strips, my guess is that there must be a fairly specific reason for removing a joke about suicide as opposed to a cosmetic change. I wonder if it's an Onstad change or an editorial change?

2
Achewood / Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
« on: November 25, 2010, 01:41:44 am »
Have you considered suffocating him in his sleep?

Every time I consider performing the murder act on a flatmate, I consider the idea of paying a larger share of the rent, and then I refrain.

3
Achewood / Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
« on: November 23, 2010, 11:13:57 pm »
Would this be more amusing if I had any idea who those guys are?

Damn, it's tough living in a world that doesn't get references to '80s British pop bands.

And to think that yesterday I was tripping because my new flatmate was listening to Louis Armstrong and said not only, "I've never heard of him before," but also "He is ripping off Tom Waits."

4
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Best movie
« on: November 09, 2010, 02:01:46 am »
The Abominable Dr. Phibes.

Kubrick is somewhat overrated.

Pages: [1]