Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Formica

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
1
I love this strip.

Also, Beef is smiling a lot more since the wedding. This pleases me in a long term Achewood kind of way.

2
Achewood / Re: September 27, 2008 - Guild of Purpose-Driven Commodores
« on: October 01, 2008, 10:03:46 pm »
There's a debate in my head as to how I'd like to see this played out: either Tina made to look the fool as the original plan, or Ray getting caught Cartilege Head style: "I dressed up in a costume and let my ex fist me." There's the nerd in me saying that he isn't necessarily getting in-the-out-door action, but the grunts in the last panel seem to blow that theory.
I'm not sure that's the case. T clearly indicated he should "make natural grunts and stuff if you like it"; else he'd implore his autumn sirocco to cease applying ministrations to his funky somethin'. But then, it would be fitting for Achewood if we never actually found out what a Commodore actually is.

3
Achewood / Re: July 8, 2008 - I will NOT drop the rings in the toilet
« on: July 08, 2008, 07:22:40 pm »
God bless the Welsh.

It only just occurred to me that Simon would be meeting Rod. This is going to be awesome.

Yes. Yes it is.

One presumes that Simon and Marcel drive all the way from Oregon to Burning Man, then, what with the fever ankles and all.

4
Ok, I had to look it up.  It was Dãvidé.
Thank you for reminding me that, when the mood strikes him, Cornelius is more than happy to burn one with his friends.

5
Achewood / Re: 29 May 2008 - A Prison For Men Who Would Be Happy
« on: June 18, 2008, 11:24:31 pm »
Last year I participated in a couple of weddings.

One was sort-of on the frugal, with lots of donations and gifted attributes, and a pot-luck dinner we all contributed to. It went well.

The next was out in the wine country in the ruins of an old mission, with a killer reception that featured an amazing butter nut risotto. The afterparty was drum-n-bass and ecstasy oriented. Overall it was quite fun.

The third was a ceremony performed by Elvis (Blue Lagoon theme) with showgirls, in Vegas. I was the best man, in a hawaiian shirt and an AC/DC "Highway to Hell" tie. It was followed by an incredible dinner and a lot of genuine celebration in spite of the artificial nature of Vegas. It was the best wedding I've ever been a part of, and a real bona fide celebration of love and unity.

This Friday I'm best man in another event, best described as "when white people and tradition attack". No one's happy about the marriage, the family's are at each other's throats, it's at some overly expensive restaurant that threatens legal action if they catch you bringing in any food or drink, in the middle of a desert, on one of the hottest days of the year, in fifty pounds of polyester because it's "traditional".

I. Am. Not. Enthused.

The lady and I have decided that, if we decide to officially tie a knot, we're throwing a kegger. We'd throw a techno-hippy raver campout in the forest, but the families probably wouldn't understand, so we're willing to make some accommodations.

6
Achewood / Re: 18 June 2008 - The Truth Is Revealed
« on: June 18, 2008, 09:17:34 pm »
So awesome.

7
I love Ramses' facial expression when he gets worried about the clerk.  I think it's the first real indication we've had that he and Ray are actual made of 50% identical DNA.
Note also that RLS appears to be sporting a medallion of some kind, though whether it imbues him with the powers of the Fun God is certainly up for debate. It seems more likely it is a totem that channels his ability to kick men's asses.

8
Achewood / Re: June 12th 2008 - Color Ads for Cosmetic Surgeons
« on: June 12, 2008, 03:53:01 pm »
Oh man. Is so cool.

9
Achewood / Re: Quit getting hard - June 3 2008
« on: June 03, 2008, 04:28:31 pm »
Mmmm, the internal monologue of a Nice Dude who hasn't scored any in a long time, smelling a girl's hair. A fine strip.

*waves to Jough* hello, jefe!

10
Achewood / 16 April 2008 - Well how's that for fudge!
« on: April 16, 2008, 08:05:18 pm »
Achewood computing - where sentient crack demos from the Sinclair take over stout British laptops.

[link added by Ash]http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04162008

[shame added by Formica]

[Formica = Ashercan'd!]

11
Achewood / Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« on: March 13, 2008, 07:36:45 pm »
When he said Beef used to be off the hook I expected Beef's reaction to be, "no I wasn't" Beef may be a knucklehead since small times but a mega-party animal he is not.

I'm not really sure what I expected his reaction to be, but as the strip progressed I was pleased to see Beef-with-Sac is not a flash in the pan. Will Showbiz ruin the wedding? Possibly. But still.

A+++ would read again. It's been a good week.

12
Achewood / Re: March 11, 2008 - A bit of remorse and reflection
« on: March 13, 2008, 07:34:04 pm »
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03112008

Ray still gets bills in the mail? The hell? Beef hasn't set him up with automatic deductions? Come on dude, you need to get into the late 90's here.

I want to see Ray go to Japan next just to see him add yen signs to his signature.

Hmmmm. Given his use of dollar signs while conversing with Beef this could definitely be "Ray is Money" in another country. But me, I'd thought he was "giving his dogg a pound" via letter, hence the pounds. It's an exciting time.

13
The sad cartoon cat sees the truth behind the façade of Dinseyland: a corporate machine designed to create customers as young as possible, so that when they have leg tattoos and precious little snowflakes named Desteny they can easily outsource the indoctrination of the next generation to the parents.

Also hungover Avon ladies as a metaphor for sexual desperation with Peurto Ricans.

Best Achewood in a long, long time.

14
Achewood / Re: March 7 2008- He'd be more like a basenji dammit
« on: March 07, 2008, 09:10:44 pm »
This is so full of awesome. At first I was all excited about a comic with Molly (new, improved hair sheen!) but the part about Beef getting to be an angry blue-collar father for winning a bet... that was chilling for me. I can see how that is a reward for him... but should Molly indulge this? What was the bet?

I do not think we will know the bet.

But between becoming Groucho Marx, more Great Moments in Cinema and this sad, sad man I would say Beef is on a roleplaying kick at the moment. I find it pleasant.

Also, the correct title to today's thread is "Dammit woman". This is not to disparage you, wombat. You are hell of awesome.


15
Achewood / Re: The Achewood High Roller Program
« on: March 07, 2008, 05:17:13 pm »
Baby needs a new pair of orthopedic shoes time, eh?

"and to support our growing family" = I would guess they have another child on the way.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14