Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Chris Onstad

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
1
Achewood / New Shirts
« on: June 02, 2005, 01:10:31 am »
Good heavens, I go away for six seconds and already people are spreading misinformation about our garments. James, your answer is here:

http://www.achewood.com/shop/shopfaq.php#garmentinfo

Thank you for asking. In the future, product questions should be sent to orders@achewood.com.

2
People & Places / 'Dawg at the Crossroads
« on: March 29, 2005, 01:15:23 am »
Los Angeles is an awesome wealth of art, music, Western-American culture and mellow atmosphere. I'd love to live there. When people mouth off about L.A., they're really thinking of Orange County, which is where McDonald's was invented. Many L.A. enclaves have that fine bohemian vibe.

3
Achewood / Pressing Our Heads - February 24, the year of our lord 2005
« on: February 25, 2005, 12:22:34 am »
You love that you are talking to me

V-dore wants to get mega hugs on me, plus marriage

4
Achewood / Pressing Our Heads - February 24, the year of our lord 2005
« on: February 25, 2005, 12:16:19 am »
You are Mexican

5
Achewood / Pressing Our Heads - February 24, the year of our lord 2005
« on: February 25, 2005, 12:12:13 am »
Tom Triangle: !
Tom Triangle: Dad how come you shot me
Tom's Dad: Dude stop living in my basement and refreshing Achewood
Tom Triangle: I hate that I have to die today
Tom's Dad: Yeah well I guess we disagree
Tom Triangle: And today I made a new avatar and everything
Tom Triangle: Please give all my little clothes to little good people

Hey everyone, long time reader, first time writer

6
Achewood / Some more of those good jokes - 16 February 2005
« on: February 17, 2005, 07:09:45 am »
Actually, the strip was late because I have a pretty thorough case of the flu. Our hospital tells us there's a big outbreak in our area lately. Thank you for all your cards and flowers.

7
Achewood / Re: MP3 versions
« on: February 10, 2005, 09:21:14 am »
Quote from: "Nice Dave"
Sequence One


That sounds nice. Still, though, I play this at about twice that speed, and somewhere in the first couple of high notes a paired bass note or two seems to be missing.

Think Leyenda by Albeniz and you will be on more or less the right track. It's the guitar piece (originally piano) that "Spanish Caravan" (?) by the Doors is based on.

8
Achewood / 7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« on: February 08, 2005, 08:51:12 am »
Quote from: "pierced lemur"
(obligatory)
http://www.megalink.net/~tmann/Sequenceone.mid


The bit should be played about four times that fast, a la Kottke's "The giraffeerman," and using a heated-up old Washburn instead of an electric Rickenbacker (or a computer program that you got at the grocery store). Emphasize the high notes as in "Back to the Old House."

Let's make this happen.  Together, in learning.

9
Achewood / 7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« on: February 07, 2005, 09:53:51 am »
Quick, do you know what piece this tab is based on!

Minus over seventy thousand points if you mention The Doors.

Minus also another five million points if you mention The Doors.

If you mention The Doors I will cut your stuff between the two balls,
completely Mapplethorping it.

10
Achewood / Text adventure
« on: February 04, 2005, 09:30:15 am »
Yes, my code guy has made an editor and I'll start piecing it together this spring/summer. The objective will be to get Lyle to dialysis despite many obstacles, and it will be impossible to win. There will be a hidden .bmp of Samantha Fox with a top on.

11
Achewood / 2-3-2005 I Bring the Pain
« on: February 03, 2005, 08:00:01 pm »
Thank you for making that midi of the tablature. After listening I edited the strip to fix errors in the notation. It should play in 4/4 and not be "ragged" in the last measure, as it is well documented that medieval kings had no way of imagining ragtime music, depressed or not, and besides, ragtime is no music to play at such a somber event.  

I think the reason some of you feel that today's "joke" didn't hit with you is because I didn't write a "joke." It's some sassy Click Talk, some guitar music, and a weird pre-transition. We went through like a month of jokeless strips when Philippe got kidnapped, people, and we all grew a little.

12
Achewood / 2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« on: February 02, 2005, 08:38:55 am »
Admit it -- the more applications via which you enable people to get in touch with you, the louder the cry for help.

I am counting the seconds until V-dore freaks out and locks this thread because I showed up.

13
Achewood / Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« on: February 02, 2005, 07:25:53 am »
Yeah, I'll always print them on 100# or equivalently "important-feeling" stock. I may also range into ecru, for those of you who really want your minds blown.

14
Achewood / 2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« on: February 02, 2005, 06:08:13 am »
I get to make fun of Remus Rhombus just like everyone else, and you know he digs it and he completely smiles and is tickled. Don't chalk it up to my emotional problems. That is inaccurate.

15
Achewood / 2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« on: February 02, 2005, 01:16:17 am »
I just try to hang ten on that vodka curl, man.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8