Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.  (Read 9948 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2005, 03:55:58 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
No what I am saying is you have way too many dorky buttons under your idea-messages. This isn't the fuck*ng Air Force, Tommy Toroid.

I would just like to note that I have no idea what any of that means. At all. Could someone enlighten me? Please? Otherwise I may have a fit of pique and lock this all Onstad-style.

Under each message are the buttons for "profile, pm, AIM, ICQ" etc etc. But the board only displays usable buttons. For example, I don't have ICQ so no ICQ button appears under my posts. Bobby has every button possible under his posts indicating he has every messenger client, has provided his e-mail address, and a homepage.

Onstad is comparing this row of buttons to the grid of ribbons on some big general-type guy's chest such as you see in movies.

[edit: I didn't notice this thread had already hit a 2nd page, or that golfhaus had already answered your question. I lose at the internet.]


yeah, fuck gaim and its accessibility, d00dz.

ok people so here's the deal: it's timed right if i buy a book and it's not funny when i have to wait several days between punchlines. THIS IS A VERY SENSIBLE OPINION TO HAVE.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2005, 04:13:01 am »

Ah! I am enlightened. Also, full points to the 'stad for "Tommy Toroid."
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2005, 04:14:13 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Ah! I am enlightened. Also, full points to the 'stad for "Tommy Toroid."


Something about "Tommy Toroid" rings hollow with me.

EDIT: Something about "Tommy Toroid" rings hollow with me.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2005, 04:19:09 am »

"Tommy Toroid," to me, sounds like the mascot from a 1950's educational film about topographical geometry or some such. Twee and sort of over-the-top good-for-you. "Bobby Isosceles," on the other hand, sounds like a mob name from an excessively geeky mob cell, which I can respect.

EDIT: In the off event that it wasn't clear to all of you, Bobby is a nerd sex god. This is all.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2005, 04:35:15 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Ah! I am enlightened. Also, full points to the 'stad for "Tommy Toroid."


Something about "Tommy Toroid" rings hollow with me.

EDIT: Something about "Tommy Toroid" rings hollow with me.


Ha ha.  I get it.  I'm kind of sorry that I do, but there it is...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2005, 04:50:18 am »

Question for Chris:

Not that I expect to receive a serious answer or even any at all.  But ask I must.

Obviously you are hurt by criticism of your work.  The vast majority of the reaction on this board is highly laudatory if not fawning.  Rarely someone has a slightly negative opinion, usually along the lines of that particular strip not being up to your usual high standard.  With very few exceptions (OK, one notable in particular...) this is the worst we dish out.  If and when you react your response is highly vitriolic.  Clearly on some level it gets under your skin.

I can't say that I blame you or that I'd react any differently.

Why do you come here if it irks you so?  

Don't misunderstand -- we're glad you're here.  I'm asking out of sincere curiousity, because in your shoes I don't think I'd expose myself to the aggravation.  Your contempt for us isn't even thinly veiled.  Why do you care what we have to say?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

yahnai

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2005, 05:05:50 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
No what I am saying is you have way too many dorky buttons under your idea-messages. This isn't the fuck*ng Air Force, Tommy Toroid.


Sounds like someone's got a case of the Mondays! (We return Tuesday.)


I thought it was funny.  I think we hit a nerve, eh?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2005, 05:29:13 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

Why do you come here if it irks you so?  

Don't misunderstand -- we're glad you're here.  I'm asking out of sincere curiousity, because in your shoes I don't think I'd expose myself to the aggravation.  Your contempt for us isn't even thinly veiled.  Why do you care what we have to say?

August's question seconded in its entirety. I can understand why you'd be irritated, but why do you continue to read and post if we irritate you so? Really, it's fine. If this makes you uncomfortable, we don't require your presence. Please do what's best for your mental health.
Logged

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2005, 06:08:13 am »

I get to make fun of Remus Rhombus just like everyone else, and you know he digs it and he completely smiles and is tickled. Don't chalk it up to my emotional problems. That is inaccurate.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2005, 06:12:53 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I'm asking out of sincere curiousity, because in your shoes I don't think I'd expose myself to the aggravation.  Your contempt for us isn't even thinly veiled.


I don't think it's contempt, although, honestly, with all the "OMG Ray is high!!! POT IS HILARIOUS W/O QUALIFICATION" comments lately, it's probably pretty fuck*ng tempting. Chris seems like a decent individual who, on occasion, feels like dishing it out as well as he takes it - which, around here, is admittedly in no small portion. I mean we had a whole thread which was basically devoted to the pro-con as re Jough's repeated and nearly legally admissible slander.

Bobby's knock-knock post was funny, really fuck*ng funny. The "this isn't the fuck*ng Air Force" retort was also funny. You can see how, for me, reading funny things might come off as a Positive. This is why we make little kids shake hands at the end of T-ball games.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2005, 06:30:37 am »

This thread locked because of a problem.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2005, 08:33:15 am »

This thread temporarily unlocked because I was busy earning money and didn't have time to read it until now.

Watching Chris and Bobby go at it is like watching Erkel fight Monroe from "Too Close for Comfort" - neither is doing much damage and the girly slapping is just embarrassing to watch from the sidelines.

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2005, 08:38:55 am »

Admit it -- the more applications via which you enable people to get in touch with you, the louder the cry for help.

I am counting the seconds until V-dore freaks out and locks this thread because I showed up.
Logged

ndpatel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sixtyeights.com
2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2005, 10:14:56 am »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
I get to make fun of Remus Rhombus just like everyone else,


no, seriously, dude, i love you.

that is all.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
2-1-05: Go into the garage and smell metal stuff. Instead.
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2005, 02:08:00 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
I get to make fun of Remus Rhombus just like everyone else, and you know he digs it and he completely smiles and is tickled. Don't chalk it up to my emotional problems. That is inaccurate.


Seconded. I would have a beer with this man even though I do not find the timing of the web version of the comic funny. Maybe after the beer he would show me the print version and I would find the timing hilarious. Then I would try to grope him and later will blame the inebriation.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up