Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - arlucasinc

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
1
Achewood / Re: Bappita Bappita Bappita - 12/2/10
« on: December 02, 2010, 03:52:36 pm »
Farewell, High School story arc.

2
Welp, more than a week has passed since the last strip.  It's been nearly three since Emeril and Cornelius went to summon Ray.  And two days shy of a month since Roast Beef climbed into Nice Pete's van.

It's been an exciting month.

Sounds like you're talking about some kind of comic strip. Which one?

3
Achewood / Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
« on: August 13, 2010, 04:12:17 pm »
I feel like...

If this arc were coming out in some kind of every-other-day or twice-weekly fashion, I would have a lot more patience for the fact that it is just vectoring back toward interesting.

Yeah, I kinda feel like at this point we might see this thing tied up by sometime next March.

4
It surprises me that the correct title of Pink Floyd's 1973 classic is not stored within Emeril's apparent encyclopedic knowledge of minutiae.

5
Achewood / Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« on: August 02, 2010, 09:18:08 pm »
I really wish my Bloglines feed didn't still say "A new cartoon every weekday."

It makes me so sad.

6
Achewood / Re: Achewood site not loading for me
« on: October 20, 2006, 03:23:32 pm »
I feel your pain, man. Have a tiny can of Dr. Pepper while you wait.

7
Achewood / Re: 13 October 2006 - a review of my life by Anthony Lane
« on: October 13, 2006, 01:40:14 pm »
Am I the only one who had never heard of this guy?

No. Even though I have a passing familiarity with JP, I don't have any of the band members on a first, last, firstname lastname, or lastname firstname basis.

8
Achewood / Re: Blogs Return: July '06
« on: July 27, 2006, 01:10:33 pm »
I really want to take up residence at The New Public House.

Yeah. For real.

Man, it sounds like about the best place ever.

What might be a decent replacement for Chiodo's Tavern, the 100 year old bar less than three miles from my house that was closed up two years ago to make room for a Walgreen's. It had an open back porch where you could sit in the summer, and grapes grew all over the porch frame. It used to be the best place ever. But now it's gone.

9
Achewood / Re: April 21, 2006 -- Sorry to all my crummy-boobed readers
« on: April 21, 2006, 12:39:42 pm »
Lots of great stuff in the strip today. Notice the elastic tied around the crummy-boobed woman's forearm? Nice touch.

Still, you have to think that the baddest of the baddies are still out for the night or something.

10
Achewood / Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« on: February 22, 2006, 01:57:03 pm »
Like Nick Cage in that shitty movie whose name I can't remember.

Face Off? Ugh. Awful, terrible, horrible movie. Just ugh.

11
Achewood / Re: I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006
« on: February 07, 2006, 07:43:18 pm »
If we're talking about other folks getting involved, I see Pat being the second to die. In graphic fashion, one would hope.

And yes, I realize that that dude isn't dead. Just got a runned-over leg. But some other dude gonna die. Then Pat. If Pat's even involved, and hey, who the hell am I to be guessing at story lines?

12
Achewood / 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
« on: December 16, 2005, 05:20:57 pm »
Quote from: "sam_spade"
Seems pretty filler to me. QuickShip(TM) items don't quick ship themselves, you know.


If, by filler, you mean that it's not part of a story arc, well, I mean, there's no shame in that, is there?

I'll take a good one-off any day.

I do, however, appreciate the chance to use, at the drop of a hat, as many commas as possible in a sentence.

Okay. Maybe there was gratuitious use of appositives in that last one.

13
Achewood / Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« on: October 24, 2005, 04:14:40 pm »
Quote from: "Charley Smuckles"
Crap, I do B-leave I just left a Pizza Pocket cookin' in tha microwave for at least 15 minutes.


I did this once with a Steak-Umm. Except it was only 11 and a half minutes. See, I was reading the instructions on the box, and the cardboard was torn right through where the microwave time was listed. So I mistook 1 and half for 11 and a half. Bad move. When I opened the microwave, hideous, fowl smelling black smoke poured out and the bowl in which I had placed the Steak-Umm had cracked. Also, the Saran Wrap covering the bowl had melted onto the Steak-Umm, which was, by now, a sorry looking little black turd.

I can only imagine what LN found when he got back to the microwave.

14
Achewood / October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
« on: October 20, 2005, 06:38:58 pm »
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "Null"
It struck me as [something] that there's even all these posts on a broken web page.  

I don't know what the [something] is, though.


I do believe the world you're groping for is "incredibly depressing."


No way! The word would be "incredibly awesome!" Except it would be two words. Y'know?

15
Achewood / 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
« on: September 29, 2005, 04:07:05 am »
Quote from: "James"
For me it is all about Ray's headphones being nowhere near his ears.


OMG that thing with the headphones is just frikkin' hilarious.

Does anyone else miss Philippe?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9