Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Franz.

Pages: [1] 2 3
1
Achewood / Re: TWIST CHOMP -- Apr. 7, 2006.
« on: April 09, 2006, 01:56:06 pm »
I got all worried about the "flows to bay" sign, but then I realized he's a freakin' otter. That should be right up his alley. Right? Right?!

It's not the first time Philippe has flowed to the bay.

2
Achewood / 1-11-05 The Morning After Halloween
« on: November 02, 2005, 03:24:54 am »
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Tiberius


That was going to be my suggestion.

Also, who is Mayor C? Have I missed something?

3
Achewood / 7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« on: July 13, 2005, 03:45:29 pm »
Moxie is not Canadian, damn you, it is from Maine! Maine is not Canada, despite what the Connecticut tourists seem to think.

Anyway, Moxie either loved or hated. I love it.

After all,



Moxie Makes Mainers Mighty.

4
Achewood / Ray's Place -- May 4, 2005
« on: May 06, 2005, 06:06:33 pm »
Does anyone else suspect that the two unsigned letters are by Onstad?

[ Franz. ]

5
Achewood / 5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« on: May 04, 2005, 05:07:02 pm »
My favorite of the breakfast/egg sandwiches seems to be offered exclusively at my hometown Bagel Works. I speak, of course, of the Herbert Hoover.

This is a sandwich made out of a toasted "works" bagel (that's one covered in sesame seeds, poppyseeds, salt, all kinds of good stuff), some chive-herb cream cheese, a scrambled egg, and spicy-sweet honey mustard.

Don't knock it until you've tried it. I literally live off of these things. They're amazing.

$2.25, only at Bagel Works, Temple Street, Portland.

[ Franz. ]

6
Achewood / Free them from their one-dimension...
« on: April 05, 2005, 01:25:54 pm »
Off topic: as I come from the Pine Stree State to the north, I feel compelled to welcome my kinsman.

Hooray for Achewoodians in Vacationland, where life is as it should be!

Yours in Maineliness,

[ Franz. ]

7
Achewood / 4/05/05- Map 2: Back in the Habit
« on: April 05, 2005, 01:22:20 pm »
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Also, the "no dogs" thing is more clearly enunciated here. Is there any particular reason why dogs appear to be the only non-sentient wee fuzzy animals? One wonders.


I'll bet that they actually are sentient, but there's a massive prejudice against them among the Underground community. In the Underground future, I envision a civil rights movement, with dogs marching on the Underground manhole covers &c. I think we are in the early days of canine integration.

[ Franz. ]

8
Achewood / The sincerest form of flattery
« on: March 22, 2005, 07:44:35 pm »
It may sound Twainlike, but I can't find any evidence that Twain ever said it or anything close to it, and I was an English major with ways of finding such things.

Anyone?

[ Franz. ]

9
Achewood / 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
« on: March 06, 2005, 06:50:27 pm »
Quote from: "MaxAce"
I liked the phrase "always so quick to speak". That made me laugh.


Yeah, not least because it is perhaps the last thing you would say about Le Bœuf.

[ Franz. ]

10
Achewood / Re: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 20
« on: February 28, 2005, 02:13:32 pm »
Quote from: "char *"
Is it possible to sell one's soul twice? Or is this a free deal from Lucifer on his previous deal?


I think he hasn't demonstrated any especial skill with his banjo-pickin' - no, its popularity is just part of the fantastic world that belongs to Ray.

Yours

[ Franz. ]

11
Achewood / 2-3-2005 I Bring the Pain
« on: February 03, 2005, 11:32:51 pm »
Quote from: "pierced lemur"

The last bar is a little dicey, there's five notes in it in 4/4  :)


Heh, Onstad fixed it.

Also, hurray for Achewoodians in Vacationland, where life is the way it should be.

That is all.

[ Franz. ]

12
Achewood / Nail vs. Shop
« on: January 25, 2005, 09:06:06 pm »
I have found that Chris is generally pretty unfunny when it comes to matters of his personal finances. Whereas he is very Achewoodian in his mocking of us, I have found that when we have questions about merchandise or store policies, he adopts a sort of customerservicespeak. I think he's afraid that if he's perceived as having an "attitude" about his business, he might lose a sale or two.

Perhaps this change was in keeping with that general policy.

Yours,

[ Franz. ]

13
Achewood / Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« on: January 15, 2005, 04:39:22 pm »
Okay, I can't be the only one -

Besides a delicious piece of lamb, what in the flying hell is a shank?

Yours in ignorance,

[ Franz. ]

14
Achewood / 9 Dec 04 · Price optional
« on: December 12, 2004, 06:46:46 am »
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Franz."
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm suddenly reminded of my school serving salmon nuggets during Lent. It was quite disturbing.

Salmon nuggets?

They were breaded on the outside but pink on the inside! With tartar sauce for dippin'!


I think - and I could be wrong here, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it - I think that that could not be a worse thing to do with salmon if it tried to be.

How the hell did the school get its hands on salmon, anyway? I mean, really! Think about the process that poor salmon must have gone through after its death!

And roast it badly, you horrid cafeteria people, in too much oil, but for the love of not vomiting, don't fry it!

Sorry. I am ten kinds of upset about this. On Monday I will bring a motion before the Portland City Council to pass a resolution prohibiting our public schools from ever doing this as long as we both shall live.

Ugh.

Yours, &c,

[ Franz. ]

15
Achewood / 9 Dec 04 · Price optional
« on: December 09, 2004, 01:56:58 pm »
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm suddenly reminded of my school serving salmon nuggets during Lent. It was quite disturbing.


Salmon nuggets?

Pages: [1] 2 3