1
Show Posts
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Pages: [1] 2
2
Achewood / Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« on: January 24, 2006, 02:07:28 pm »Current baby status, 1/22: Having a baby makes it extremely not fun to watch Law & Order episodes about babies being abandoned in dumpsters.
Jesus, this is true.
3
Achewood / My dream date with Onstad
« on: December 12, 2005, 01:46:32 pm »
So, um, yeah. I dreamed last night that I won some sort of "Dinner with the Stars" thing and so I was going to eat with Onstad. We were supposed to go to the York Fair (http://www.yorkfair.org/ -- my family goes every year) but then we ended up going to his house, which was right at the fair the way a beach house is right by the boardwalk.
He showed me around his house, which was very nice if a tad labyrinthine. Onstad himself was nondescript in that dream-person sort of way, but he was several inches shorter than me. I noticed this because he had wine glasses and stuff hanging from the ceiling in his kitchen and they were all hung so low that I had to duck to walk under them.
He cooked dinner, but he kept dishing out plates of really delicious-looking food (I particularly remember some red-beans-and-rice stuff that smelled great) and then laying them out on tables in other rooms but never offering me any (and I was too polite to take without being offered).
We ended up around a big round table with a lot of people I didn't know. Everyone was having very interesting conversation and eating cake for dessert (but I wasn't eating any because I hadn't had any dinner and, again, too polite to ask for some).
Suddenly I had to go out to my car to get a diaper for my daughter (who was, in real life, sleeping with me and didn't have a diaper on, so I was subconscioudly anxious about getting peed on). When I got out to where my car was, it had been stolen, which upset me so much that I woke myself up.
:lol:
He showed me around his house, which was very nice if a tad labyrinthine. Onstad himself was nondescript in that dream-person sort of way, but he was several inches shorter than me. I noticed this because he had wine glasses and stuff hanging from the ceiling in his kitchen and they were all hung so low that I had to duck to walk under them.
He cooked dinner, but he kept dishing out plates of really delicious-looking food (I particularly remember some red-beans-and-rice stuff that smelled great) and then laying them out on tables in other rooms but never offering me any (and I was too polite to take without being offered).
We ended up around a big round table with a lot of people I didn't know. Everyone was having very interesting conversation and eating cake for dessert (but I wasn't eating any because I hadn't had any dinner and, again, too polite to ask for some).
Suddenly I had to go out to my car to get a diaper for my daughter (who was, in real life, sleeping with me and didn't have a diaper on, so I was subconscioudly anxious about getting peed on). When I got out to where my car was, it had been stolen, which upset me so much that I woke myself up.
:lol:
4
Achewood / Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« on: October 18, 2005, 02:29:31 pm »Quote from: "misterqueue"
Quote from: "andalucia"I don't buy it. I sure don't know any vegans who'd be offended by armpit hair.
We're talking about Pat here though, who's only vegan so he can annoy others and not because of a reasonable reason.
Plus, as has been mentioned Pat has issues with women obviously {snip}
Yes, I think it is quite safe to say that Pat has issues with women (and their easy-to-have breasts). Damn them all!
5
Achewood / 09/27/05 Straight-up saying science for the man on the go.
« on: September 27, 2005, 06:40:05 pm »Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Max"Does anybody else feel like this strip, coming off the CH bender, would have been better served catching up with Teodor, or Mr Bear, or someone? This 'ray has a crazy idea/beef has a quiet but clever witty assessment' thing just feels even more tired after last week's stuff.
Yeah, I'm with you there. I rather wish we saw any evidence that Ray was shaken up at all by the CH thing. Even a little.
Yeah, I was kind of expecting/hoping that the Cartilage Head story line would end with or result in another little Ray breakdown a la the Korean restaurant from last year...
6
Achewood / Are you a gemini?
« on: September 27, 2005, 01:25:50 am »Quote from: "Limmo"
Capricorn married to Taurus. This is, apparently, a good thing.
Me too.
7
Achewood / 921 Elden -- 21 September 2005
« on: September 22, 2005, 03:52:06 pm »
Pointless (really really pointless) observation -- is it 921 Elden because it's the 9/21 strip?
9
Achewood / Baby updates - ongoing
« on: September 02, 2005, 01:32:54 pm »Quote from: "foolio"
On a side note, has anyone ever tasted breast milk? Is it good? I must have had some when I was a baby but I forget what it tastes like.
It's waaaaay sweeter than cow's milk. I've heard it compared to cantaloupe juice. The little ones seem to like it. :boobies:
You have no idea how long I have been waiting for a reason to use that emoticon. My god, that even looks like my haircut.
10
Achewood / The Stultifying compositions of Edvard Grieg-August 31, 2004
« on: August 31, 2005, 06:53:43 pm »Quote from: "acoxcae"
Quote from: "CortJstr"I'm waiting for someobody to market stickers that are just Calvin peeing. Then you can affix them to other cars just to be mischievous. Like if somebody had a Hokie sticker you could slap you Calvin next to it. The possibilities are endless.
This is a million-dollar idea. Kinda like the pet rock.
I would buy 10.
On that note, I remember back in the 80s when everyone had those "I *heart* my *whatever breed pet*" bumper stickers, I saw an ad in the National Lampoon classifieds for little stickers with a picture of a screw on them, perfectly sized to cover the heart. Man, I wanted to buy a pack of those so bad. But perhaps I've wandered too far afield at this point. How about that Pat? What an asshole, am I right?
11
Achewood / Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« on: August 29, 2005, 03:19:26 pm »Quote from: "andalucia"
Gropey Gus? Huh?
Grumpy + mopey = gropey??
12
Achewood / Awwwwww...
« on: August 21, 2005, 02:38:14 pm »
Not only is that terribly sweet, but the early update makes me feel better about the fact that I'll be internet-free for the next 4 days. :lol:
Does it make me pathetic and sentimental if I say I'm very happy to see people being nice to Philippe for a change? (Or am I pathetic and sentimental for some other reason?)
Does it make me pathetic and sentimental if I say I'm very happy to see people being nice to Philippe for a change? (Or am I pathetic and sentimental for some other reason?)
13
Sports & Leisure / Katamari Damacy
« on: August 14, 2005, 02:50:10 pm »Quote from: "V-Adore"
Also, what's the street date for We <3 Katamari? I will have significantly more video-game-system access next year, and I suspect this will need to be duly installed in the common room.
September 7. Pre-order yours now. :lol:
14
Achewood / August 3rd, 2005 - time to reevaluate your life
« on: August 04, 2005, 11:48:19 pm »Quote from: "AugustWest"
Actually, I have a smiliar situation. I have a kid who loves sucky TV. Full House reruns. Family Matters. and Godohgodohgod the sheer horror Step by Step.
I feel your pain. Seriously. All I can say is "this, too, shall pass". My kids go through some really abysmal phases in TV preferences (I still shudder when I think about the Full House and Fresh Prince jags of '04), but I find that they do move on. Sometimes to something good, sometimes to a fresh new Hell (like that Krypto the Superdog thing that my daughter watches now. Bleh.)
It helps to constantly have alternatives laying around, like good anime series, Pee-Wee's Playhouse, Mr. Bean, and The Adventures of Pete & Pete -- all now available on DVD for purchase or rental at Netflix. You can't offer these, or even suggest them, but you can keep them on hand and watch them for your own enjoyment at strategic moments.
15
Achewood / 7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« on: July 13, 2005, 11:24:59 pm »Quote from: "CortJstr"
I was young and stupid then. I feel old and stupid now.
Thank you for the earworm.
Pages: [1] 2