Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self  (Read 10989 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2005, 04:00:29 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I think it might be a New England-only phenomenon.


I will vouch for its New England-ness.  I went to college in Rhode Island, and Moxie was around.  Though I remember it in a yellow can then.  And I also remember it being very, very nasty.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2005, 05:11:09 pm »

I always thought that Philippe was five, not stupid.

Onstad's just pissed because he bought The Antidote and it did not enlarge his c*ck as promised.

V-Adore

  • Guest
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2005, 05:15:20 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I always thought that Philippe was five, not stupid.

Onstad seems to be confused about that, I think. Without getting into Achewood Hypertime, Philippe started the strip as "apparently adult but retarded" and has slowly assumed an eigenstate between "five" and "five and really stupid."
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2005, 05:17:46 pm »

Philippe just doesn't deal with high-pressure situations very well and panics. He's like TV characters who aren't supposed to mention a sensitive subject with the neighbors yet constantly bring it up in freudian slips.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2005, 05:19:39 pm »

Quote from: "Islikemoxie!"


Behold! The mighty Moxy MT 25!

IŽll have you know, that this Juggernaut "probably did replace the Moxy 5222B in 2003", apparently we cant know for sure as this vehicle is employed by the danish army.

"Engine: 6-cylinder Scania, type DSC9, 8.970 cm3 (547 cubic inches), turbo charged, inter-cooler, liquid-cooled"

OH SHIIIIIIIT


oh my goodness, can we keep islikemoxie!? canwecanwecanwe?!?!?!

anyone who does not look at that vehicle and then read:
"Engine: 6-cylinder Scania, type DSC9, 8.970 cm3 (547 cubic inches), turbo charged, inter-cooler, liquid-cooled"
and not have shivers, SHIVERS up their spine,
well,
i don't know i'm just aghast!

i must say that the Danish Army is perplexing.

also,
indeed i first came aware of Moxie when i was in the northeast, but the biggest "moxie freak"i ever met was based out of kentucky.

Quote from: "Iscolese"

I guess it works for beef if you add || $RELATIONSHIPS and make $SUPPORTING_CHARACTER molly.


i don't know what value it would have, but i have absolute faith that you
could easily delevop an absolute and robust algorythm to encompass
all of achewood.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2005, 05:54:14 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
also,
indeed i first came aware of Moxie when i was in the northeast, but the biggest "moxie freak"i ever met was based out of kentucky.


Surprising, because our Obligatory Regional Soft-Drink in this parts is potent decoction known as "Ale-81" or jokingly referred to as "Winchester Swamp Water".  It's kind of like ginger ale flavored Jolt.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2005, 05:57:26 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "jough"
I always thought that Philippe was five, not stupid.

Onstad seems to be confused about that, I think. Without getting into Achewood Hypertime, Philippe started the strip as "apparently adult but retarded" and has slowly assumed an eigenstate between "five" and "five and really stupid."


His age is less relevant than his stupidity. Assume Ultra Peanut is roundabouts the same age, and even she thinks Phillipe is a super-size homo jackass.
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2005, 06:38:07 pm »

Just as a side note, my title was "Wow, 187 posts!" when I started this. Now it's back to Chucklebot.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2005, 06:49:59 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Just as a side note, my title was "Wow, 187 posts!" when I started this. Now it's back to Chucklebot.

We've all gone through this.  It's your coming of age on the board.  Congratulations.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2005, 07:25:21 pm »

Someday, I too hope to have 187 posts.  Maybe by then I'll have chosen an avatar.

In more on-topic news, this strip represents the sort of little game I'd play with myself when I know I'm going to delete something that's clogging my inbox, but also have a desire for excitement.

Tell me you've never been sitting at work at 10am and just need something to get pumped about, even if it is your sarcastic excitement at spam and its subsequent deletion.



Or maybe its just me.   Although I don't usually get an angry Mr. Bear chastising me for my decision afterwards.

Bottom line:  I laughed.

acoxcae
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2005, 08:06:11 pm »

Quote from: "acoxcae"
Someday, I too hope to have 187 posts.  Maybe by then I'll have chosen an avatar.

Sigh. I remember those halcyon days of 187 posts. I was young and stupid then. I feel old and stupid now.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2005, 10:07:29 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "Islikemoxie!"


Behold! The mighty Moxy MT 25!

IŽll have you know, that this Juggernaut "probably did replace the Moxy 5222B in 2003", apparently we cant know for sure as this vehicle is employed by the danish army.

"Engine: 6-cylinder Scania, type DSC9, 8.970 cm3 (547 cubic inches), turbo charged, inter-cooler, liquid-cooled"

OH SHIIIIIIIT


Either those are hella big cylinders (I love the skulls image) or that is one weak machine. I'm not awed by that in the least. Is it meant mainly to push sand around and keep the ocean at bay?
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2005, 10:34:25 pm »

Topical: I have so many things that I could say about this strip that I can't put into words.

That truck is cool.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

beanmom

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2005, 11:24:59 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I was young and stupid then. I feel old and stupid now.


Thank you for the earworm.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2005, 11:34:39 pm »

Quote from: "beanmom"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I was young and stupid then. I feel old and stupid now.


Thank you for the earworm.

Beat me to it.

Sure as you can't steer a train, you can't change your fate...

(I should probably split this, but it's such a pretty thread.)
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up