Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - old kentucky shark

Pages: [1] 2
1
Arts & Entertainment / Fear of Music
« on: June 28, 2005, 10:14:08 pm »
oh my god that Believer review in Pitchfork to daye was disgusting

"the CD included with the 2004 music issue was like a mix disc predicting our 2004 Top Albums list, featuring as it did folks like the Books, Ted Leo, the Walkmen, and TV on the Radio."

because no one else likes those totally popular bands ! I will find Pitchfork's father, and I will cuckold him



ps i bought this



BOX THE BUNNY by the BUNNYBRAINS

a five-disc collection of everything this band ever touched, like a number of hours of music, all previously ultra rare vinyl only releases, for $9.99. I'd never heard the band before, I'd barely heard of them, apart from a few terrible, angry reviews, but you see a band's entire catalogue on sale for ten dollars and you have to take it in your hands and own it and love it

and it's all right. real fuzzed-out psych punk, the singer kinda reminds me of the dude from Arab on Radar and the Chinese Stars. I recommend hearing the song called "I Am Not Your Friend (I Am Your Destiny)" and also the one called "You Don't Know". they are fun to listen to !

2
Arts & Entertainment / The Jokers Boners
« on: June 23, 2005, 05:32:28 am »
boner crimes

3
Arts & Entertainment / Tapes...
« on: June 23, 2005, 05:10:02 am »
I like tapes!

Man!

I like how they are a little box full of music. I like how you don't have to treat them reverently or nothin. You can throw them! You can rub them vigorously on something and they will still play! And they will melt on your dashboard!

mainly they are cheaper and smaller

fuckit tapes looks awesome. I need to buy that Dead Machines tape

4
Arts & Entertainment / Tapes...
« on: June 21, 2005, 09:26:51 pm »
Are there still places that sell tapes?

Like apart from people's front yards and garages? I think it's been long enough now that I could build up a pretty extensive tape collexion for dirt cheap

and tapes are cooler than vinyl, always

5
Arts & Entertainment / So... what've you been listening to lately?
« on: June 19, 2005, 10:21:26 pm »
I really like Grounds for Divorce and its constituent notes

6
Arts & Entertainment / So... what've you been listening to lately?
« on: June 19, 2005, 05:03:46 am »
I have been listening to records made by Stereolab.

They are so good.

7
Arts & Entertainment / Jackson Verdict
« on: June 15, 2005, 02:18:41 am »
The Jackson Verdict should totally be the name of a terrible band.

Somebody should do something to make that be.

8
Arts & Entertainment / So... what've you been listening to lately?
« on: May 21, 2005, 07:30:10 am »
Saint Etienne do a totally wicked synth-disco "Only Love Can Break Your Heart". I am listening their album Fox Base Alpha.

9
Arts & Entertainment / Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« on: May 21, 2005, 07:27:24 am »
More like Mace Window.

10
Arts & Entertainment / H2G2
« on: May 01, 2005, 05:30:05 am »
I thought the Don't Panic Chicken Little trailer was a Hitchhiker's Guide trailer, and so when "It's The End of the World as We Know It" started playing I got really pissed off.

Because I would not stand for that being in the Hitchhiker's Guide. I would not stand for that.

11
Arts & Entertainment / H2G2
« on: April 30, 2005, 06:27:40 am »
There was that preview for that Will Ferrell movie "Kicking and Screaming", and then right after that was the preview for the Martin Lawrence one, and I was really hoping the title was going to be like "Kicking and Screaming 2: Runteldat" or something silly

i.e., more sassy

12
Arts & Entertainment / Sufjan Stevens 'Illinois'
« on: April 29, 2005, 08:54:10 pm »
What is up with "Chicago" being the exact same as "The Transfiguration".

What is up with that.

Anyway I like Seven Swans and Michigan more than Illinois, but that may just be because Illinois is twice as long. He doesn't really write the kind of stuff you can listen to for 74 minutes straight, you know?

13
Achewood / 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
« on: April 29, 2005, 08:46:05 pm »
The gods must be crazy! Look!

14
Arts & Entertainment / The Decemberists
« on: April 17, 2005, 05:55:40 am »
Sixteen Military Wives is silly.

It makes me laugh.

15
Achewood / Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
« on: March 23, 2005, 04:27:47 am »
Quote
No more --> more. Bastards.


I'm sorry I wasn't as angry as all that. It was jovially meant!

I just liked that line a substantial deal.

Have a good babies everyone

Pages: [1] 2