Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Null

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
1
Achewood / Re: February 9, 2005 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi
« on: February 09, 2006, 01:49:15 pm »
holy shit holy shit it is snowing out.
living in north carolina, this may be the only time I've ever gone to school with snow on the ground.
...normally they cancel school.

It is snowing where I live as well.   Since I live in North Carolina, this is not the surprise it might have been to others.

2
Achewood / Re: February 9, 2005 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi
« on: February 09, 2006, 01:47:56 pm »
What does D/Q stand for?   All I can think of is Dairy Queen.

3
Achewood / Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« on: February 02, 2006, 05:40:30 am »
I give whoever updates the baby update thread first a tiny can, every day.

Is this how I have cans of Dr. Pepper?

Oh man.  I feel like a hooker now.  Granted, I could never be anything less than a hooker with a heart of gold, but still...a hooker.

And I have no idea what I should charge for services.   The internet is failing me!  I guess it should get in line!

4
Achewood / Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« on: February 01, 2006, 06:40:41 am »
Who is Number One?

You are Number Six.

5
Achewood / Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« on: January 30, 2006, 04:05:58 am »
 Current baby status, 1/28: Dave Barry got to meet the baby today, at his book signing in Palo Alto. I am not making this up: he said she was cute.   

This is my 200th post.  I am happy to report I have put meaning and relevance into none of them, but drunkeness into quite a few. 

6
Achewood / Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« on: January 27, 2006, 04:53:49 am »
The old-timey newspaper article wins. Come to think of it, Ray's dad does look disturbingly like Pat with a soul patch; I suspect it's the hat.

I thought Ray's dad looked like Ray, which made me suspect this was all some elaborate plot by Mrs. Smuckles.  And Ray would find himself in a contest of Todd and other squirrels.  Which he would easily beat because squirrels are stupid and the Math Part would stymie them.  And Ray would be triumphant.  And he would spend more time with his mom, which is what she wanted all along.

Sorry, I am too tired and got bad news on my cholesterol tests today.   You may take all my Dr. Pepper cans because (sob) I am such badness.

7
Achewood / Re: 25 January 2005 - The Great Outdoor Fight
« on: January 25, 2006, 02:47:39 pm »
I would have liked it if Mrs. Smuckles met Nice Pete. 

Or Vlad.  Though I'm positive I'm not ready to see Mrs. Smuckles so nude.

8
Achewood / Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« on: January 25, 2006, 06:32:53 am »
I am not only going to found a house for Scared People, I am going to enroll myself.  As the most scared of all.

9
Achewood / Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
« on: January 24, 2006, 08:58:30 pm »
Also, is anyone else unable to parse "SFist" as anything other than "S-Fist," or is it just me?

That was the first thing I thought, that it was "S-Fist" and I wondered if it was something I wanted to read about.  I decided just reading would be okay, but I wasn't going to click on anything.

10
Achewood / Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« on: January 23, 2006, 11:24:41 pm »
Thanks to everyone for illuminating the difference between a vegan and a vegetarian.  If it were within my powers I'd give cans to you all.

Are most Vegans like Pat?  I mean, would they read the strips dealing with him and say, "What's so funny?  Pat is perfectly reasonable and his behavior is what the others deserve.  They're all idiots except for him"?

I hope the answer is:  no.

11
Achewood / Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« on: January 23, 2006, 07:25:17 pm »
When did the word "Vegan" come to be a substitute (bestitute) for the word "Vegetarian"?

I always thought that when we met people who come from the star Vega, we would call them "Vegans" but now they'd say, "Are you comparing us to that Pat asshole?" and this might lead to interstellar war.

12
Achewood / Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« on: January 23, 2006, 01:53:07 pm »
Current baby status, 1/22: Having a baby makes it extremely not fun to watch Law & Order episodes about babies being abandoned in dumpsters.

13
Achewood / Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« on: January 23, 2006, 06:06:12 am »
It is too bad the baby is feverish.  I hope she is not feverish soon.   That can sometimes be bad.   

14
Well Philippe's mom used to send him tapes and Speaker Sneakers. That seemed nice.

You're right; I had forgotten about her, it's been so long.

15
I like how Mrs. Smuckles looks like Roast Beef with a dress, glasses and a wig.  Also, it is nice to see how polite and gracious they both are to each other.  It's a nice contrast to Beef and Gramma K.  Or Beef and Molly.  Or Philippe and Ultra Peanut.

Hm.  Are there any female characters (in Achewood) other than Mrs. Smuckles who are nice?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14