Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands  (Read 16752 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« on: January 27, 2006, 03:02:17 am »

Here.

I like the news article at the end.  Also, I wonder how much weight Ray benches?
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 03:07:33 am »

I can't wait to see why Ray doesn't go through with this.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 03:11:20 am »

I like the 'Family Tradition' in panel 2.  It's italicized because he's grunting it.

I think the topic title works, but so does 'I googled all kinds of stuff up on eBay.'  I would pick 'family tradition' but I don't think you can italicize words in the subject line, can you?

Also, when the Stuffed Bear first disagreed with Ray, the thought that came to mind was: OMG!  Pat's dad was the GOF victor in '73!  This would lead to an excellent showdown.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 03:16:55 am »

Other rejected topic titles: "I just beat the asses of three thousand men".
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 03:42:00 am »

Whatever Ray is benching is clearly more than I can. My evidence: he has plates on the bar.

I'd mock the soul patch except he could clearly kick my ass so I just won't mention it.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 03:46:04 am »

Oh man, this is the best story arc ever.

There is so much to love in this strip, I know not where to begin.

I AM SORRY I MOCKED YOU FOR BEING LAZY FOR MISSING TWO DAYS OF STRIPS THIS WEEK ONSTAD

IT MUST'VE TAKEN THREE DAYS TO COME UP WITH THIS MUCH AWESOME*


between drinking and wife-beating, &c.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 04:01:50 am »

The old-timey newspaper article wins. Come to think of it, Ray's dad does look disturbingly like Pat with a soul patch; I suspect it's the hat.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 04:03:47 am »

Is that newspaper supposed to be from 1973 or 1873.  Sheesh. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 04:04:59 am »

Ray's dad does look disturbingly like Pat with a soul patch; I suspect it's the hat.

I suspect it's the glasses.  In fact, I suspect we'll discover that it is actually the exact same pair of glasses handed down from one generation to the next.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2006, 04:12:14 am »

I suspect it's the glasses.  In fact, I suspect we'll discover that it is actually the exact same pair of glasses handed down from one generation to the next.

~Paul

Yes, but that implies that Ray and Pat are related.

Which is possible, actually. If Pat were actually Ray's irritating cousin or something that Ray was forced to hang around with, it would explain his continued involvement with the Dirtiest Dudes in Town.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2006, 04:15:39 am »

Is that newspaper supposed to be from 1973 or 1873.  Sheesh. 

Well it's not a real newspaper, just the results flier for the event. Presumably this was the cutting edge of desktop publishing in 1973
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2006, 04:21:25 am »

Yes, but that implies that Ray and Pat are related.

Which is possible, actually. If Pat were actually Ray's irritating cousin or something that Ray was forced to hang around with, it would explain his continued involvement with the Dirtiest Dudes in Town.

Ok, I misread you.  You wrote Pat, but my brain heard Ray.  I think he looks exactly like Ray.  A physically fit Ray.  But he does bear a resemblance to Ray as well.  Yep, they eventually turn out to be all related.

We've met Ray's Mother and seen a picture of his Dad all in one week.  This story line keeps ascending.  Where will it end?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2006, 04:23:43 am »

We've met Ray's Mother and seen a picture of his Dad all in one week.  This story line keeps ascending.  Where will it end?

Cousin Zeek. Also, Nermal.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2006, 04:29:46 am »

Yeah, the Great Outdoor Fight is shaping up to be fan-fuck*ng-tastic.  Much like "Snakes on a Plane," I am disappointed that I did not know of the Great Outdoor Fight sooner.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2006, 04:53:49 am »

The old-timey newspaper article wins. Come to think of it, Ray's dad does look disturbingly like Pat with a soul patch; I suspect it's the hat.

I thought Ray's dad looked like Ray, which made me suspect this was all some elaborate plot by Mrs. Smuckles.  And Ray would find himself in a contest of Todd and other squirrels.  Which he would easily beat because squirrels are stupid and the Math Part would stymie them.  And Ray would be triumphant.  And he would spend more time with his mom, which is what she wanted all along.

Sorry, I am too tired and got bad news on my cholesterol tests today.   You may take all my Dr. Pepper cans because (sob) I am such badness.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up