Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - toddster

Pages: [1] 2
1
Achewood / 12.12.05 no diabetes at all
« on: December 12, 2005, 11:25:07 am »
Oh man there is so much awesome in this one. "Anyhow, be quiet" is way up there, as is Mrs. Smuckles simply assuming that Roast Beef would be in the same room as her son. And the facial expressions in panels 7 and 8 - top notch, I tells ya.

2
Achewood / 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
« on: September 01, 2005, 07:40:51 am »
EDITED TO ADD LINK TO STRIP:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09012005

If you're going to be "first post!?!!!!!!"-er, then try to not fuck it up next time cockhead.

---

Man, I like so much about this one: the fact that we pick up the conversation mid-stream, for one. Beef's awesome facial expressions. The fact that even though Beef has clearly grown himself a sack when compared to the Beef of a couple of years ago, he still manages to find ways to be a little bit polite when he insults someone: he intimates that Onstad went to 'Talk Like A Dick' school. This is clearly the kind of place you would go if you weren't actually a Dick, but you wanted to learn how to talk like one.

And 'Mr. Funnylaffs' is one of those great non-commital insults where you're essentially saying 'yeah, I know you're trying to be a funny guy, but I will leave it up to you as to whether I actually think you are funny'.

Am I reading too much into the drawings of the cat talking on the phone, perhaps?

3
Achewood / Redhanded - 26/07/05
« on: July 26, 2005, 08:47:59 am »
Osteoporosis is more common in women, and can sometimes result in a hunched or bent-over appearance, sort of like the contortions Beef made to turn back at Molly and scowl.

Dug this one. The alt text is the sweet cherry on top.

4
Achewood / June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« on: June 30, 2005, 08:33:38 am »
Yeah, that one was, um...  yeah. Wow.

I think I need a hug.

5
Achewood / June 29, 2005 - leechin' ducats
« on: June 29, 2005, 08:32:04 am »
It's funny because Mother's Day is in May.

I also love the construction of "Yeah but I mean you I mean look you didn't even remember".

...did Beef get a ticket at some point in the recent past or did I dream that? Looking back, I guess that was just your regular old Achewood one-shot, but it seemed to have that whiff of promised continuity about it. Ah well. Maybe the latest in the line of "Ray's wacky cars" will prove more fruitful.

6
Achewood / June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« on: June 27, 2005, 07:33:42 am »
It is now the hobby of the household to trick Phillipe into slamming headlong into the wall. I am not surprised that Lyle has followed Lie Bot down this particular path... but I am a bit surprised he knows enough about Harry Potter to pull this one off.

(also my choice for thread title would have been "Shaddup, you!")

7
Achewood / What's It Going To Be Then Eh? (6/23/05)
« on: June 23, 2005, 10:54:30 am »
Oh man, I hope I wasn't the only kid who snuck a glug from the vanilla bottle when his folks weren't looking. Amazing how something that can smell so heavenly can taste so foul.

Best part of the strip: imagining Phillipe's face in the last 2 panels.

8
Achewood / 6/21/05 - Love letter from a snake
« on: June 21, 2005, 06:46:05 am »
I guess he's going to hand the letter to the judge and sta--

Damn. Beaten.

This is promising. The strip's never veered into the territory of courtroom hijinks before.

And I guess now all we can hope for re: the Téodor Soft Boy saga is a resolution in the blogs.

9
Achewood / 'Cause LIFE'S A BITCH - 23 May 2005
« on: May 23, 2005, 07:22:10 am »
oh my god, I love that picture too. It's like the despair-to-happiness version of decompression. Like I almost worry if it goes on too long Ray could get the bends.

10
Achewood / Rock and Roll Shit Fugue - 20 May 2005
« on: May 20, 2005, 08:46:57 am »
I liked this one quite a bit; maybe because I like it when Onstad uses Téodor as a way of letting out his inner music nerd.

I do think that 5% is a little low for GBV, and waaaay too high for Merritt.

11
Achewood / 5/2/05 -- diis aliter visum
« on: May 02, 2005, 12:57:40 pm »
Quote from: "Beatrice"
whoa have we ever seen the side of Teodor so blatantly displayed in panel 11?


Ohhh, we sure have.

12
Achewood / 5/2/05 -- diis aliter visum
« on: May 02, 2005, 07:30:56 am »
Is this the first time we've seen Cornelius swear since he wasn't afraid of the fuck*ng poilce?

13
Achewood / 4/28/05 - You're the real thing, asshole!
« on: April 28, 2005, 09:52:55 am »
God damn roller skate.

Who knows, maybe Téodor will find a Molly of his own now.

14
Achewood / 4/14/2005 - Teodor's Death (not today's strip)
« on: April 28, 2005, 09:13:09 am »
Oh, snap.

15
Achewood / 4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« on: April 19, 2005, 08:14:25 am »
Not my first choice for a subject line, but it's hard to translate Beef's facial expression in panel 7 into text.

It is, however, the exact same facial expression I had upon reading the strip. Good heavens.

Pages: [1] 2