Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Satcrates

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / Re: Has anyone created a dated alt text list?
« on: March 01, 2006, 12:00:10 am »
good: acoxcae!

2
Achewood / Has anyone created a dated alt text list?
« on: February 28, 2006, 10:29:48 pm »
I'd like to accessorize my Achewood books with appendices containing the alt text for each strip, and I was hoping someone really obsessive already put in the time to make a dated alt text list.

I attempted to do my newbie duty and search the archives before posting, but I didn't find a thread where anyone confessed to actually making such a thing, though there was some discussion of people using post-it notes, and I did find Wombat's excellent suggestion:

"Technology to the rescue:  Type them all and cut them up, and then you can buy a glue stick that has Post-It glue on it and so turns anything you want into a Post-It.  God, I love the 21st century."

If anyone HAS typed them all out (or is aware of some place on the web where a list is available) I'm hoping they will share...

3
brought to you by Roomba! The *****ic Floor Vac.


Who else thought that Vader zooming around on a little droid during the lava battle was totally stolen from Achewood?  

see, e.g., http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01192004; http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01202004

4
Arts & Entertainment / Tristan Farnon = "spigot"
« on: March 10, 2005, 04:34:50 am »
Oops, you're right *****_roll_call.  I don't really read jerkcity and I thought the beatnik was named "pan.ts"   Thanks.  

More questionably accurate Farnon trivia: I believe he's written some rotten.com articles (in "the gaping maw" section - www.gapingmaw.com) and I'm pretty sure he's the creator of "jerk your own adventure"  - www.jerking.com

Thanks for the enlightening link, Cortjstr.

5
Arts & Entertainment / ??
« on: March 09, 2005, 10:31:13 pm »
Wasn't trying to be cryptic... for some reason pa.nts is replaced with asterixs when you write it normally (give it a try, won't you??).  The pussy in "pussy patrol" went right through though.  

Perhaps jough is some kind of recovering sex addict?  I presume only a pervert who likes slacks, jeans, and other forms of lower body menswear would ban the word p.ants.

P...A...N...T...S!
P...A...N...T...S!!
P...A...N...T...S!!!

Does that get you going big guy?

Or is it the verb  "pant.s" that's a problem??

I guess not, because panting seems to work fine.

6
Arts & Entertainment / Apologies & Info
« on: March 09, 2005, 10:06:30 pm »
Sorry, I assumed your average Achewood afficiando would be as fiercely devoted to Leisuretown as I am:

The site:  www.leisuretown.com

About it:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leisuretown


For anyone who's brand new, my all time favorite is "Winter Pageant," followed by "QA Confidential" "Around and Around" & "The Dog Mess[iah]." However (like Achewood) you'll probably appreciate these later masterpieces a lot more if you've already keyed into Leisuretown's rhythm and style (and gotten used to the bendy animals) by reading the earlier strips.  I suggest you start at the bottom of the "features" section and work your way up.  I think they might be in roughly chronological order of production, though the site has been redesigned since it was shut it down in 2002(?).

FYI, since there was mention of Jerkcity recently in these forums: Leisuretown creator Tristan  A. Farnon is "pant.s," the goatee-sporting guy  in Jerkcity.

7
Arts & Entertainment / Leisuretown is BACK!!
« on: March 09, 2005, 09:18:47 pm »
There's a new strip ("Pussy Driver"), and a store where you can buy bendy animal dolls to support the site.

Joy...

Pages: [1]