Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Leisuretown is BACK!!  (Read 3383 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Satcrates

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Leisuretown is BACK!!
« on: March 09, 2005, 09:18:47 pm »

There's a new strip ("Pussy Driver"), and a store where you can buy bendy animal dolls to support the site.

Joy...
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Leisuretown is BACK!!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 09:35:25 pm »

...Eh....wha? Who? What is this "Leisuretown" of which you speak?
*Googles*

Ahhh. Okay. Next time....linky?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Satcrates

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Apologies & Info
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 10:06:30 pm »

Sorry, I assumed your average Achewood afficiando would be as fiercely devoted to Leisuretown as I am:

The site:  www.leisuretown.com

About it:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leisuretown


For anyone who's brand new, my all time favorite is "Winter Pageant," followed by "QA Confidential" "Around and Around" & "The Dog Mess[iah]." However (like Achewood) you'll probably appreciate these later masterpieces a lot more if you've already keyed into Leisuretown's rhythm and style (and gotten used to the bendy animals) by reading the earlier strips.  I suggest you start at the bottom of the "features" section and work your way up.  I think they might be in roughly chronological order of production, though the site has been redesigned since it was shut it down in 2002(?).

FYI, since there was mention of Jerkcity recently in these forums: Leisuretown creator Tristan  A. Farnon is "pant.s," the goatee-sporting guy  in Jerkcity.
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Re: Apologies & Info
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 10:20:50 pm »

Quote
FYI, since there was mention of Jerkcity recently in the forum: Leisuretown creator Tristan A. Farnon = ****** in Jerkcity.


Well that's all you had to say to catch my interest.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Satcrates

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
??
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 10:31:13 pm »

Wasn't trying to be cryptic... for some reason pa.nts is replaced with asterixs when you write it normally (give it a try, won't you??).  The pussy in "pussy patrol" went right through though.  

Perhaps jough is some kind of recovering sex addict?  I presume only a pervert who likes slacks, jeans, and other forms of lower body menswear would ban the word p.ants.

P...A...N...T...S!
P...A...N...T...S!!
P...A...N...T...S!!!

Does that get you going big guy?

Or is it the verb  "pant.s" that's a problem??

I guess not, because panting seems to work fine.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Leisuretown is BACK!!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 10:36:01 pm »

Whoa.  Check out the Wikipedia entry for our beloved Achewood.  Pretty intense.

Sorry if it's already been posted here, I was just really impressed.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Apologies & Info
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 11:08:39 pm »

Quote from: "Satcrates"
Sorry, I assumed your average Achewood afficiando would be as fiercely devoted to Leisuretown as I am:

I'd never heard of it until I saw it on Beef's catch-up list.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: ??
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 11:15:30 pm »

Quote from: "Satcrates"
Wasn't trying to be cryptic... for some reason pa.nts is replaced with asterixs when you write it normally (give it a try, won't you??).  The pussy in "pussy patrol" went right through though.  

Perhaps jough is some kind of recovering sex addict?  I presume only a pervert who likes slacks, jeans, and other forms of lower body menswear would ban the word p.ants.

P...A...N...T...S!
P...A...N...T...S!!
P...A...N...T...S!!!

Does that get you going big guy?

Or is it the verb  "pant.s" that's a problem??

I guess not, because panting seems to work fine.

http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=19450#19450
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Re: Apologies & Info
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 12:21:20 am »

Quote from: "Satcrates"
FYI, since there was mention of Jerkcity recently in these forums: Leisuretown creator Tristan  A. Farnon is "pant.s," the goatee-sporting guy  in Jerkcity.


Hey waitaminute you mean he's Spigot. ##### is the christmas tree monster.

I think he also does ASCII Art Farts.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Leisuretown is BACK!!
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 03:21:21 am »

Sweet Jesus, Leisuretown. I'd... I'd almost forgotten.
Logged

Satcrates

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Tristan Farnon = "spigot"
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 04:34:50 am »

Oops, you're right *****_roll_call.  I don't really read jerkcity and I thought the beatnik was named "pan.ts"   Thanks.  

More questionably accurate Farnon trivia: I believe he's written some rotten.com articles (in "the gaping maw" section - www.gapingmaw.com) and I'm pretty sure he's the creator of "jerk your own adventure"  - www.jerking.com

Thanks for the enlightening link, Cortjstr.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Leisuretown is BACK!!
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2005, 05:16:50 am »

Way to make your first posts to the board, dickhead.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Leisuretown is BACK!!
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2005, 07:01:58 am »

Well tonight I went through and read all the features. Wow. At first it was kind of like Jerkcity with bendy animals and a semblance of a plot, but then I read more and more and it just amazed me. My favorite by far was Q.A. Confidential.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Leisuretown is BACK!!
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2005, 08:26:24 am »

Q.A. Confidential is not only very funny, but also somewhat reminded me of early Life in Hell strips.

Good stuff.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Leisuretown is BACK!!
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2005, 04:04:45 am »

Holy crap holy crap holy crap.  

I feel extremely fortunate that some of the saddest moments of my life include:

1.  Suck.com going "on vacation".
2.  Phil Hartman being killed
3.  Leisuretown "Thank You And Good Night"

Thanks so much, Socrates.  Of course this would happen right after my company gets bought by a bank that has a very strict no internet at work policy...
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up