Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Carlos del Vaca

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 299
1
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: January 10, 2020, 08:40:02 pm »
WHAT SORCERY IS THIS

2
Sports & Leisure / Re: What's for supper?
« on: March 29, 2019, 02:46:12 pm »
I now know TWO people who have them.

3
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: February 28, 2019, 02:15:25 pm »
A mattress sale as a fundraiser?? Who is going to buy a mattress from kids standing on the street? What's wrong with a bake sale?

I gather some local purveyor of mattresses does it as a community service thing. Like they have their trucks at the school, so the kids are trying to get people to go to the school and buy a mattress off the truck. I think it's dumb as hell, but they've been doing it for years so I guess it works to some degree.

4
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: February 28, 2019, 02:13:48 pm »
Was just looking at this recipe, sounds pretty dope.
https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/spiced-lamb-tagine


5
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: February 27, 2019, 03:54:32 pm »
One of my kids' activities is having a friggin' mattress sale as a fundraiser. They are pleading with everyone to come and help - for kids that means stand on a street corner and wave signs, for parents that means drive them to that intersection and make sure they don't do anything stupid.
My kid is out of town this weekend due to another activity. If she were in town, she would be away at another thing being done BY THE FIRST GROUP aside from the mattress sale. Either way, though, if I volunteer for this it means hanging out near a street corner for three hours with not my kids.
I am sorely tempted to write the booster organization and say "If I write you a check for a hundred bucks, will you stop bothering me about this?"

6
Not Daisy Owl / Re: Strange Planet
« on: February 27, 2019, 01:45:19 pm »
Yeah, I have a friend who shares them on FB all the time, it's amusing.

7
Arts & Entertainment / Re: What are you listening to?
« on: February 13, 2019, 01:31:00 pm »
If I gotta go, I buy my ticket, get a good viewpoint and rock out by myself.

Oh I am all about the balcony these days.

Weeknights can be tough, sure; it has to be a show I'm SUPER excited about to get out on a weeknight. But even on the weekends, people are non-committal and don't want to do shit.
And I guess that's the thing, being non-committal. If someone said "Meh, I'm gonna pass," that sounds totally cool. But instead it's like "Oh, I like them," or whatever, but not "Yeah let's do it!"

8
Arts & Entertainment / Re: What are you listening to?
« on: February 12, 2019, 06:03:36 pm »
I continue to be frustrated by people's inability to commit to going to shows.
Had a text exchange with a friend when the Massive Attack tour was announced. They're gonna do Mezzanine in its entirety! With Lis Frasier and Horace Andy! His response: "Whoa."
Which is not "Cool let's go" so I did not buy tickets. And now the cheap tickets are gone, and there's only $100 box seats left. sheeeeeit

10
Arts & Entertainment / Re: What are you listening to?
« on: January 28, 2019, 01:51:31 pm »
You should be utterly not surprised to hear that Neko Case put on a good-ass show.
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neko-case/2019/lincoln-theatre-washington-dc-339580a9.html

11
Achewood / Re: Did I really see...
« on: January 08, 2019, 01:43:04 pm »

12
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: December 27, 2018, 06:44:26 pm »
Modern parenting: texting the oldest "You've burned through three-quarters of our data this month and there's still two weeks to go, why aren't you on the wifi"

13
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: December 27, 2018, 01:31:22 pm »
I have yet to do an escape room, but I read this article with tips, and it suggests having someone act as "project manager" to try to keep the big picture while people work on individual tasks. If your group isn't keen on following directions though, that may be problematic.

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-beat-an-escape-room-1829461321

15
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: December 11, 2018, 02:29:42 pm »
Goaty McGoatface?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 299