Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - lloyd

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« on: May 02, 2006, 09:27:26 am »
Hella-copter is the way to go!

2
Achewood / Important: Contains your embroidered G8 ballcap - 26/10/05
« on: October 26, 2005, 04:42:48 pm »
Quote
"The Shocker"? WTF?


I've heard that referred to as the Croat Gun - with the added detail that the thumb is used to "cock the gun", so to speak..

But maybe that's a European thing..

3
Achewood / Yarr! 09/06/05
« on: June 09, 2005, 07:00:16 pm »
Quote from: "andalucia"
But you, my friend, were totally willing to scar us with that.  I think it made me more than usually glad for having girl parts and not knowing about baseball, though.


Oh! I think anybody clicking links named "c*ck tricks" deserve whatever they get! Still, my apologies for those not wanting to familiarize themselves with the astounding creative capacities of the male reproductive organs.

Good point with Circus looking like Nice Pete, I think Chris seems to be developing a category of cats that look much more human and wear more clothes than the original three.

It probably is pretty difficult to make a cat look big-brawned.

4
Achewood / Yarr! 09/06/05
« on: June 09, 2005, 12:19:56 pm »
Whoa, that is some tender lovin' being lavished upon those soft pieces of green paper in panel 10! It seems to me that Phillippe appears more than usually naïve offering that kind of promises to an amount of currency. Flowers, french fries, I can understand, but legal tender?

Wait, that sounded wrong..

Also, it is good to hear that I wasn't the only who thought "he's going to do some c*ck-trick" when I read panel 8.

But Circus is a cool guy - he wouldn't scar 5-year-olds for life like that.

5
Achewood / everyone within reason is invited - 3rd June 05
« on: June 03, 2005, 11:48:36 am »
I love how Onstad manages to tell so much about Beef's change of temperament just through Ray's reaction:

"Okay, uh huh, right. I, uh... Ray loves you too."

This basically implies that Beef is so mellow at this point that he would actually say not only that he loves Ray, but that he would refer to himself in the third person in order to do so.

I see tears of joy streaming down Beef's face, all welling up with previously unacknowledged emotion. Inevitably too sweet for Beef.

6
Achewood / A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
« on: May 13, 2005, 04:52:15 pm »
Quote
I think that cracks me up the most out of all of these, but I love them all. Philippe-isms are always great fun in my head.


Oh, that reminds me of Homosexuals, definitely my favourite Philippe-ism.
 
Where are you now, Homosexuals? I've been through three elections since I saw you last... Come back!


(oh, and that's the American, Danish and English elections - in all cases the war-mongering party-in-power stayed in power. Homosexuals could well have made a difference, that's for sure).

7
Achewood / A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
« on: May 13, 2005, 01:05:40 pm »
What does that even mean?!

Hee hee hee!

Oh the wonder of being five years old - you get all sorts of wondrous facts stuck under your scalp (among your scallops?) just long enough for you to wonder intensely for a few minutes, then on to the next thing!

Oh, the wonder of being five: No Tomatoes.

8
Achewood / Arrondissement Neuff - Thursday May 12th
« on: May 12, 2005, 01:32:36 pm »
Will love find a way? [Cornelius: Yes].

That line made me laugh out loud. Kristi certainly seems to be both patronizing, annoying and eager to fill the romantic novel market with encounters spanning the depths of social hierarchy.

I wonder if Cornelius considers this a step up compared to subtitling the Spice Channel?

A friend of mine had this theory that what girls like to watch or read about is all the stuff between the actual hanky-panky: the intrigue, the drama, the impossible love that finds a way. While boys generally just like to watch or read about is just the basic no frills hanky-panky.

Mr. Bear is truly showing his versatility catering the needs of both groups, though not, apparently, at the same time.

9
Achewood / 5/5/05 The universal signifier of insincere cunnilingus
« on: May 05, 2005, 09:52:14 am »
Ray, dressed as Einstein, cooking and doing the universal signifier (!) of insincere cunnilingus - there's a lovely mental image for you.

There can be no doubt that he thinks that he's channeling Einstein doing that.

10
Achewood / 5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« on: May 04, 2005, 06:13:20 pm »
How about this:

Fried egg, mature cheddar, sliced raw onion, sliced tomato, salt, peber and plenty of tabasco or chili on lovingly toasted wholemeal bread.

Yum.

11
Achewood / Ray's Place -- May 4, 2005
« on: May 04, 2005, 02:27:25 pm »
Anybody else notice that the omitted name of the female friend that was to be seduced by Nat King Cole music was actually Neetu, and that Ray forgot to omit it the second time around?

Typically Ray. He only draws attention to the name by trying to be nice and leave it out.

Also, did anybody read High Fidelity? There's a guy who's serious about his mix-tapes, though hardly as classy as Nat King Cole...

12
Achewood / 4/15/05 - a classic struggle
« on: April 18, 2005, 11:30:35 am »
Quote
dude, did you just godwin a thread about cartoon cats?

smooooooooth.


uh. I did wonder whether this could be considered a proper godwin, but I suppose it is.

Dang, not even Paris Hilton's "humanitarian" firm could make quoting nazis acceptable in polite company.

Probably a good thing, too.

13
Achewood / 4/15/05 - a classic struggle
« on: April 16, 2005, 02:11:36 pm »
I remember that once upon a time Onstad was pleased to receive hella amounts of RAM from board regulars, thus boosting the entire comic production process.

Cookies, in the words of one Hermann Goering, " will only make you fat".


Oh, and if you think paraphrasing guns and butter into RAM and cookies is "stretching things a bit", you have not truly embraced the possibilities of information technology (or cookies).

that is all.

14
Achewood / 4/15/05 - a classic struggle
« on: April 15, 2005, 12:27:11 pm »
Man, that's gotta be the silliest money-making scheme in the history of mankind, especially since it's so dubious that there's no obvious "humanitarian" angle.

That said, I do think that Ray is on the right track...


Oh, and my first post on the new forums, took me a while to look this place up.. Hi all!

Pages: [1]