Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Poll

How do you like your egg sandwich?

Scrambled, no meat
- 3 (7.5%)
Scrambled, meat
- 9 (22.5%)
Fried, no meat
- 12 (30%)
Fried, meat
- 8 (20%)
Raw with a side of guava juice
- 0 (0%)
Egg sandwich?  What is this egg sandwich of which you speak?
- 7 (17.5%)
Tofeggy w/ extra brown nut paste
- 1 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: May 04, 2005, 03:30:52 pm


Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy  (Read 13893 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2005, 03:47:57 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Ask and ye shall receive.


Quote from: "The Poll"
Tofeggy w/ extra brown nut paste


Where's andalucia when you need her?  Someone's gotta vote for Tofeggy.

I immediately thought of an egg salad sandwich, but I think I prefer AW's.  If I had bread, I'd make one now.

Edit:  'd
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2005, 03:57:44 pm »

My vote is for egg sandwich on a bagel or croissant with meat AND cheese.

I mean, if you're going to eat the thing, you may as well go all the way.

I should add though that I usually puss-out and use fat free singles cheese, because I need my heart to live.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2005, 04:20:40 pm »

I don't eat eggs - if I were to have something sandwich-related for breakfast (which I usually skip in the morning), it's typically a sausage biscuit.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2005, 04:22:04 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
That's not really an egg sandwich such as I think of it.  I consider that just yuck.  An egg sandwich is a scrambled egg on toast with mayo, lettuce and tomato.  A little salt and pepper to taste.

Thank you, Paul. When I read "egg sandwich" this is what I pictured (but with the fried egg) and I thought, "huh, I'd never seen/heard of that before but it makes sense."

Crossanwiches and Mc*'s never really entered my mind.

Also, what Golfhaus said. I'm not a fan of eggs. Or pancakes. Or waffles. Or french toast. Or really the concept of breakfast in general. IHOP is my arch nemesis.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2005, 04:30:58 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Also, what Golfhaus said. I'm not a fan of eggs. Or pancakes. Or waffles. Or french toast. Or really the concept of breakfast in general. IHOP is my arch nemesis.


You sure you're an American?  Breakfast is the best meal in American cuisine, because you can get a decent breakfast somewhere in pretty much any city or town.

My egg sandwich:  scrambled eggs, fried taters, cheese, optional sausage, on a tortilla, slathered with salsa.

What?  A burrito is like a Mexican sandwich!  Get outta my face!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2005, 04:45:36 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
What?  A burrito is like a Mexican sandwich!  Get outta my face!


I think a Mexican sandwich is a torta, and is basically like a...sandwich.

Edit:  Here.  They are very tasty.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2005, 04:50:13 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
You sure you're an American?
Not always. You don't even want to know my feelings on baseball and apple pie.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2005, 05:05:17 pm »

Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day.  I loves me some omlets, pancakes, homefries, waffles, egg sandwiches, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, french toast, hash browns, sausages, ham, bacon, scrapple (it's a Philly thing), lots of veggies, like onions, green pepers, potatoes, mushrooms, in my omlets.  

Bagles, toast, rolls, jelly, syrup, butter, coffee, orange juice, tomato juice, milk, cereal, oatmeal, grits, crepes, SOS, corned beef hash, donuts, danish, breakfast burritos...

Man, there's a lot of breakfast stuff.

Franz.

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2005, 05:07:02 pm »

My favorite of the breakfast/egg sandwiches seems to be offered exclusively at my hometown Bagel Works. I speak, of course, of the Herbert Hoover.

This is a sandwich made out of a toasted "works" bagel (that's one covered in sesame seeds, poppyseeds, salt, all kinds of good stuff), some chive-herb cream cheese, a scrambled egg, and spicy-sweet honey mustard.

Don't knock it until you've tried it. I literally live off of these things. They're amazing.

$2.25, only at Bagel Works, Temple Street, Portland.

[ Franz. ]
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2005, 05:19:36 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day.

I'm a breakfast for dinner kind of guy.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2005, 05:43:32 pm »

No egg-salad option? Not even "sliced hard-boiled eggs"? Bah.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2005, 05:49:20 pm »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
No egg-salad option? Not even "sliced hard-boiled eggs"? Bah.


that's not an egg sandwich, it's an egg salad sandwich, which is a sandwich that has egg in it.

please, help me people, i feel the "i don't want cheese on it, if i wanted cheese on my GD hamburger i'd have used the word dedicated to the concept of cheese on a hamburger: cheeseburger." rant coming on.

dammit, i did it, didn't i?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

lloyd

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.alligevel.blogspot.com
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2005, 06:13:20 pm »

How about this:

Fried egg, mature cheddar, sliced raw onion, sliced tomato, salt, peber and plenty of tabasco or chili on lovingly toasted wholemeal bread.

Yum.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2005, 06:18:22 pm »

Quote from: "lloyd"
How about this:

Fried egg, mature cheddar, sliced raw onion, sliced tomato, salt, peber and plenty of tabasco or chili on lovingly toasted wholemeal bread.

Yum.


That sounds divine.  Although, depending on my mood, I might omit the onion (or cook it a bit).  Sometimes raw onion just doesn't do it for me.  But aged cheddar and sliced tomato are good with just about anything on a sandwich.  I need to go shopping.

It also reminds me of the scene from Spanglish where Adam Sandler prepares his egg sandwich, before arguing with Paz Vega.  I don't remember what was on it, but I do remember that it was lonvingly prepared.

Edit:  Did you know that May is national egg month?  It is.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2005, 06:30:25 pm »

I'm a breakfast any-damn-time kinda guy.  I especially find it delicious after I've been out for the night and it's 2:30AM.  Man, a Blue Ribbon special sure goes down good at that time of day.

I can even almost stomach the Denny's Grand Slam.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up