Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Flenker

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
1
Sports & Leisure / Baseball?
« on: October 20, 2004, 08:33:09 pm »
I'm a huge baseball fan, and the Royals are my team.  So, I'm cheering for Houston, because of the stallion that is Carlos Beltran.  I don't like the Cardinals (because of the in-state rivalry with the Royals and in-division rivalry with the Cubs), hate the Yankees, and don't really care for the Red Sox.  I'm hoping for a Sox-'Stros series, with the Astros winning, and Beltran getting the World Series MVP.  I want to see him get a ring before he goes to the Yankees...

2
Arts & Entertainment / Can I Get a Witness?
« on: October 15, 2004, 06:03:20 pm »
Ok, sense many of you have sent me 2 mixes, I will be putting together a new mix for everyone!!!  Also, you have inspired me to actually make an effort with my liner notes and what not, so this may take a few days to get out, but I'll try to make it well worth the wait.  The working title for it is "Untitled Flenker Project, October 2004".  

And to Starlight, I apologize, since I came to this conclusion, I've decided that I'd send this one out with my first one to you, so that is why you haven't received the first one yet.  But you will soon, I promise!!  

I got Bozack's and Starlight's cds yesterday, and will be giving them a listen in the next few days.  From the first glance over them, they look pretty durn good

3
Arts & Entertainment / Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
« on: October 04, 2004, 05:22:13 am »
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
(except that I think I forgot Flenker...sorry.  PM me if I did)


PM Sent

4
Arts & Entertainment / Awesome! A CD - Flenker's mix
« on: October 04, 2004, 05:18:33 am »
Quote from: "starlight"
Wow.. no, I haven't asked for this mix, but know 7 of the songs and 17 of the bands, so it greatly intrigues me (hm.. even two of the bands are on my last mix) :D

I like The Weakerthans a lot, too.  I was so happy when I found the album in the record store over here.


well if you're interested in receiving a mix, PM me, and I can get one on the way!!

5
Arts & Entertainment / Awesome! A CD - Flenker's mix
« on: October 01, 2004, 05:55:57 pm »
Quote from: "andalucia"
Ooh, also the Weakerthans song was neat to hear-- "My Favourite Chords" was my fave song of theirs when I saw them play way back in the day, at the dawn of the new millenium.


Dang, when I saw them, they didn't play it!!!  It's my favorite song of theirs, one of my favorite songs of all time.  This was a few years ago in Minneapolis.  I'm glad to find someone else who has at least heard of them, I've only ran into a few.  I guess since they're from Canada and you're from Canada...  I also missed Of Montreal when they played here, I was totally bummed.

And V-Adore, I promise your cd was sent out at the same time as the others, and I haven't gotten it returned back to me for an incorrect address or anything...  Hopefully it'll get there soon!

6
Arts & Entertainment / Can I Get a Witness?
« on: September 30, 2004, 05:24:00 pm »
yeah, what he ^ said.  I did post some feedback on yours now that I've had a chance to listen to it a little.  As far as I can tell, only 2 people have received my mix...  COME ON PEOPLE  (not CJ and Jough.  you guys are good people)

7
Arts & Entertainment / Something Clever: CJ's Mix Disc
« on: September 30, 2004, 05:21:14 pm »
I've listened through this cd about one and a half times, and am enjoying it.  TMBG, can't go wrong with, and the song you put on is one of my favorites of their newer stuff.  I also like the live and acoustic songs, it gives a different feel to it.  Favorite song on it so far - I'll go with the Adam Brodsky, mainly because it caught me by surprise, I didn't look at the track listing first, so it got a chuckle from me.

(There, some more feedback!  Happy now??)

8
Arts & Entertainment / Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
« on: September 28, 2004, 05:48:13 am »
listened to the whole thing, and overall, it's very enjoyable!!  I think the Magnetic Fields song on there is my current favorite song.  It appears that we have a similar taste in music

9
Arts & Entertainment / Awesome! A CD - Flenker's mix
« on: September 28, 2004, 03:49:45 am »
yeah, sorry about the track listings....  My printer is not agreeing with my these days, and I thought the index cards would be alright.  Silly me, I forgot about my handwriting.  here's a tracklisting for everyone:

1.  (sound clip from Napoleon Dynamite)
2.  The Faint - Glass Danse
3.  Les Savy Fav - Daily Dares
4.  Yo La Tengo - Sugar Cube
5.  The Shins - New Slang
6.  The Polyphonic Spree - Hold Me Now
7.  Belle and Sebastian - I'm a Cuckoo
8.  Of Montreal - A Dreamy Day of Daydreaming of You
9.  Aloha - Let Your Head Hang Low
10.  American  Football - Never Meant
11.  Daniel Johnston - Davinare
12.  Matt Pond PA - Measure 5
13.  The Mountain Goats - Sail On
14.  Iron and Wine - Sunset Soon Forgotten
15.  American Analog Set - Dr Pepper
16.  Cub Country - O Great Telephone
17.  Mojave 3 - Billy Oddity
18.  Calexico - Fallin Rain
19.  Death Cab for Cutie - A Lack of Color
20.  Kind of Like Spitting - All Else Failed
21.  Bright Eyes - Messenger Bird Song
22.  M Doughty - Train to Chicago
23.  The Weakerthans - My Favourite Chords

I was toying around with making the title something to do with manic depression, because the cd starts off upbeat, then gets decidedly less so.  Also, my apologies for not being too flashy.  My creativity does not lie in the cd case layout field....  My next one will be better, promise

10
Arts & Entertainment / Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
« on: September 26, 2004, 03:44:57 pm »
got mine, and there are actually a couple tracks that were in strong consideration to be put onto mine, most noteably the Calexico song.  So that's always a plus, can't wait to hear the whole thing

11
Arts & Entertainment / Can I Get a Witness?
« on: September 22, 2004, 04:44:11 am »
ok, my cd, which I have entitled "Awesome! A cd" is now finished and will be shipped out tomorrow to those people that I have the address for.  If anyone else wants a copy, PM me your address!!

12
Arts & Entertainment / Can I Get a Witness?
« on: September 21, 2004, 06:57:21 am »
I will have a mix finished tomorrow, so if anyone wants it, PM me.  It's shaping up to be pretty good, in my opinion, nothing too outlandish on it, just some good "indie", whatever that means.  

I'll also PM my address out tomorrow to people

13
Sports & Leisure / The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« on: September 09, 2004, 05:40:39 pm »
I'm a 49ers fan, and I fear this season may be a long one for me.....  But, at least they (hopefully) won't be worse than my expectations

14
Arts & Entertainment / Is this supposed to be funny?
« on: September 09, 2004, 04:59:35 am »
Quote from: "andalucia"
What CortJstr said.

15
Arts & Entertainment / Can I Get a Witness?
« on: September 07, 2004, 04:31:20 pm »
well ifi this is still going on, let me know the details, and I can get a cd put together soon.  PM me or e-mail me at flenker (@) gmail dot com

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5