Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Poll

How is it?

It was wonderful!
- 2 (66.7%)
It was great!
- 1 (33.3%)
Well, it was pretty good!
- 0 (0%)
It could have been a lot better!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: September 23, 2004, 06:56:28 pm


Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc  (Read 3088 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
« on: September 23, 2004, 06:56:28 pm »

Wow, this is a really great one, I think, that actually steals a few planned tracks from my own one, going out on Monday. MAHNA MAHNA!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 07:54:44 pm »

I guess mine got lost in the mail.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 08:21:38 pm »

There were parts that I guess I didn't "get" like mclusky but it's got Animal on it. Animal! You can't go wrong with that. Just ask TMBG.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 11:34:04 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I guess mine got lost in the mail.


I can't seem to find your address from the last round.  PM or email me with where to send your disc, and it will follow shortly thereafter.

Also, thanks for the positive vibes.  I'm looking forward to hearing everyone else's mixes, too....
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

V-Adore

  • Guest
Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 01:38:25 am »

I don't know if I messaged you an address, SJL. If not, no worries; it can wait until my CD comes out, which should be soon, schedule willing.
Logged

Flenker

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 68
    • View Profile
    • http://www.picdump.org/gallery/chris
Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2004, 03:44:57 pm »

got mine, and there are actually a couple tracks that were in strong consideration to be put onto mine, most noteably the Calexico song.  So that's always a plus, can't wait to hear the whole thing
Logged

Flenker

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 68
    • View Profile
    • http://www.picdump.org/gallery/chris
Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2004, 05:48:13 am »

listened to the whole thing, and overall, it's very enjoyable!!  I think the Magnetic Fields song on there is my current favorite song.  It appears that we have a similar taste in music
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2004, 07:50:35 am »

Okay, I got it today (and an extra disc!  was that just for me or are others just not talking about that one?).  I just began to listen to them now though, so my only opinion is on the tracks from 1-5.  well, track 1 won't play at all (I'm not sure what's up with that).  I really like the ones I can hear so far though.... the Calexico one especially!

I may come back to talk about the rest, but I figured I should say something right-quick now to say I got them anyway.  :D
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2004, 01:56:42 pm »

I also got the bonus disc, but I thought that was just his mix from the last round, which I didnt' participate in.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2004, 05:19:44 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I also got the bonus disc, but I thought that was just his mix from the last round, which I didnt' participate in.


Well, sort of.  The first time around, I sent out two discs to a few people (basically, those who sent me two), but everyone else got one.  Since I was expecting this round to be mostly the same partici#####, I sent the bonus disc from round 1 out to people who didn't already have it (except that I think I forgot Flenker...sorry.  PM me if I did).  Does that make any sense?  If anyone wants any of the mixes I sent, just let me know....

Quote from: "starlight"
well, track 1 won't play at all


I'm really sorry about that.  I didn't listen to all of the copies I burned to make sure they came out ok.  If you're really curious about that song, I could probably arrange something.....
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2004, 11:49:59 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Quote from: "starlight"
well, track 1 won't play at all


I'm really sorry about that.  I didn't listen to all of the copies I burned to make sure they came out ok.  If you're really curious about that song, I could probably arrange something.....


Thanks.. I was just going to go search on soulseek later today, but if ya can make an mp3 out of it.... I'll go with that option... if it's not too much trouble.

I finished listening to them all by the way -- that's the only one that wouldn't play.

My fav tracks were the Calexico, Magnetic Fields, Frank Black & The Catholics, The Church, Franz Ferdinand (well, I have the album.. heh), The Shins, Zero 7, Sun Kil Moon (again, have the album... it's my fav track off it though!), TMBG, and well, the Muppets one off the first mix

Love and Rockets, T-Rex, The Lucksmiths, Sing-Sing, The The, Pixies (of course), BRMC, and Depeche Mode ones off the other mix.

Yay!
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

Flenker

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 68
    • View Profile
    • http://www.picdump.org/gallery/chris
Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2004, 05:22:13 am »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
(except that I think I forgot Flenker...sorry.  PM me if I did)


PM Sent
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up