Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Doctor C

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« on: October 04, 2005, 05:35:01 pm »
Am I the only one who sees this arc ending up with crosses burning on Roast Beef's (okay, technically Ray's) lawn?

2
Achewood / 9/29/05 - KILL THIS MAN!
« on: September 30, 2005, 05:54:19 pm »
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Is it possible that these headlines are in Beef's imagination?  That they're just what he worries will happen if they go forward?

Nah, based on past form if it was all in Beef's head we'd see the magazines in a series of thought bubbles above an ever-more distressed/agitated Roast Beef

3
Achewood / Tuesday, Sep 13 Cartilage Head
« on: September 13, 2005, 11:43:54 am »
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
My favorite part is totally "Damn, Cartilage Head, huh? I really wasn't ready for that this week". Also, what on earth is Ray holding at the end there

I don't think he's holding anything, I think he's just recoiling in horror

Cartilage Head is what would have happened if Tim Burton had made The Nightmare Before Christmas in collaboration with David Lynch

4
Achewood / A Sheet Cake and A Raised Eyebrow - August 26, 2005
« on: September 03, 2005, 01:43:07 am »
Quote from: "evan"
is Women Sitting On Cakes a real fetish?

Almost certainly. A group I frequent used to get regular spam inviting us to join another forum dedicated to women farting on cakes - and this was a Pink Floyd forum I was in, which makes it even weirder. So if people get their kicks like that, can sitting in the damn things really be far behind?

5
Achewood / The Stultifying compositions of Edvard Grieg-August 31, 2004
« on: September 03, 2005, 01:39:49 am »
Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"
Could Calvin pee on himself?  If so, would the pee-ee Calvin be peeing on another Calvin, and so on and so forth until basically you'd have a full circlejerk of Calvins peeing on himself?

I imagine it would be something like this

6
Achewood / July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« on: July 19, 2005, 12:57:31 pm »
Quote from: "V-Adore"
The concept is funny, but the script reads like a first draft. The falcon joke is moderately cute, but... enh. Think I would like this with more panels and more purpose beyond "Pat watches bad fantasy TV in which a character is named Cymulon."

(It also doesn't totally fit with Pat; he seems more like the kind of guy who would scream about the historical inaccuracies in said shows until all enjoyment was beaten out, in my opinion.)

I dunno, I liked the way Pat is seen totally engrossed with what sounds like a glorified, medieval soap opera, which is exactly the sort of show you know he'd berate anyone else for watching

7
Achewood / Nature's Gas Station - 08 July 2005
« on: July 08, 2005, 11:06:51 pm »
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'd always thought that Mr. Gary lead their group but his conspicuous absence makes me wonder if he's more of a Brad Goodman-type who writes books and hosts seminars and whatnot.

No, I think it's safe to say that Arthur and Mr. Gary know each other pretty well

8
Achewood / The dude is from circumstances - 01/07/05
« on: July 04, 2005, 04:05:43 pm »
Quote from: "JeremyW"
Can somebody supply me with a link to that comic?

right here. Although it's kinda weird (yeah okay, weirder) to read now, since the idea of the cats having breeders or owners doesn't really fit with the strip these days

9
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I think the 4th option was guest written by Topato.

Mmm, not quite

10
Achewood / Téodor
« on: June 28, 2005, 12:00:15 pm »
I also saw this, but figured it was Firefox acting up, since it has got a tendency (in my experience at least) to get confused with unusual characters like á

11
Achewood / June bugs? No, June blogs.
« on: June 17, 2005, 12:26:57 am »
Quote from: "V-Adore"
At the risk of becoming serious for a moment, I would argue that they're different circumstances. Onstad is a humorist, and thus tracking down his earlier humorous works is at least somewhat germane to his current output. It doesn't strike me as particularly stalkerish, especially given that he published some of it later (the Ranier Beer strip).

Are these early comics still about anywhere (apart from the beer one of course)? My curiousity has been piqued

Pages: [1]