Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Boring K

Pages: [1]
1
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10092006

If there's no further payoff for this storyline than this strip, I will be happy.

2
Achewood / 11/07/05 -- parkour
« on: November 08, 2005, 07:02:12 am »
I'd heard of parkour before.  I think it sounds cool.

3
Achewood / Oct. 28th, 2005 - Wiping my ass with a damn Belgian Waffle
« on: October 28, 2005, 05:39:20 am »
Woohoo!  Yesterday was a set-up!  Story arc commence!  Somebody make me a Jeepers Creepers!

4
Achewood / 27 Oct 2005 -- Cheese costs hell of cash money
« on: October 27, 2005, 10:56:52 pm »
I really hope this is a setup.  I think there's great potential here for an absolutely insane storyline.

5
People & Places / Trick or Treat?
« on: October 27, 2005, 01:40:21 am »
From Wikipedia:
Quote
According to Quentin Tarantino, Mr. Pink survives but is arrested by the police - in the background, policemen can be heard ordering Pink to put his hands on the ground, then Pink says "I give up" after a brief firefight in which he is wounded but not killed.


From iMDB:
Quote
According to Tarantino, Mr. Pink does in fact survive. You can verify this by increasing the volume of the background sounds: When Mr. Pink runs out of the building with the diamonds, police officers can be heard shouting at him to put his hands on the ground. Gunshots can be heard, then Mr. Pink shouts that he has been shot. You can then hear the officers talking to each other as Pink is arrested.


Your turn.

6
Arts & Entertainment / Movies you HATE
« on: October 27, 2005, 01:32:17 am »
Movies I hated: La Vita e Bella/Life Is Beautiful.  So corny, so obnoxious, so dumb.  Even the Third Reich couldn't save it.

The Butterfly Effect.  I waver between placing this in "hated", because it's so stupid, and "so bad it's good", because I couldn't stop laughing at the many ridiculously bad fates of Ashton Kutcher.  I mean, Kutcher as a multiple-amputee drowning himself in the bathtub?  Comedy gold.  But, no, overall, it's just crap.

Spielberg's War Of The Worlds.  I was with it early on, I really was.  The sounds those tripods made?  Terrifying.  The gritty, realistic way he shot it?  Excellent.  Tom Cruise?  He may be a looney tune in real life, but he is a good enough actor that you can forget that for a couple of hours.  But little holes kept popping up--Tom's the only one in the world that can figure out how to get a car started again?  They fall from the bottom of the tripod in that cage, all the way to the ground, and don't break every bone in their body?  Not to mention Tim Robbins' lame character in a segment of the film that went on way too long.  But it's the ending that breaks the camel's back--when Tom's son shows up alive and well.  Tom's son who was SWALLOWED UP IN A GIANT BALL OF FIRE.  So fuck you for that, Spielberg.  Munich better be awesome or my love-hate relationship with your work will seriously start favoring the latter.

Speaking of that, I too hate E.T..  And Close Encounters of the Third Kind, which was just amazingly dull.

One "so good it's bad" I could name is Super Mario Bros.: The Movie.  It's my favorite video game movie just on the grounds of how bizarre it is.  The games are so surreal and plotless--how ARE you supposed to make a movie out of that, anyway?

7
People & Places / Trick or Treat?
« on: October 25, 2005, 08:02:51 pm »
I and a bunch of my friends were going to do the Reservoir Dogs thing for Halloween.  I realize that it's probably trite everywhere else, but in the midwest it's still hip and original.  Except I don't think any of them are going to bother with it--hell, I haven't got a costume yet either.  But I think I might try to get it together from thrift stores over the next couple of days, and if I'm the only one who does it, I can say I'm sole survivor Mr. Pink.

Along similarly Tarantinesque lines, I also thought about going as George Clooney's character in From Dusk 'Til Dawn.  The main thing there would be drawing on the awesome tattoo George has in the movie.

8
Achewood / October 19, 2005 - king piss
« on: October 19, 2005, 07:24:18 am »
And why does Philippe have such an angry look on his face while eating the dinosaur eggs and drinking the king piss?

That disturbed me.

9
Arts & Entertainment / Shining Trailer
« on: October 06, 2005, 05:31:46 am »
Yeah, I've seen these posted elsewhere and everyone seems to be ranking them as

#1: Shining (brilliant)
#2: West Side Story (pretty good)
#3: Titanic (shite)

I wish I had the software and the skills to do this with.  For one, you could probably turn Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life into a pretty mean horror film with ease.  I'd personally like to take the entire filmography of David Cronenberg and turn them into wacky comedies.

10
Achewood / Are you a gemini?
« on: September 23, 2005, 10:31:40 pm »
Aquarius, the water carrier.  The meaning of this is that my sign is really lame.

11
Arts & Entertainment / Not to be a party pooper or anything
« on: September 21, 2005, 07:31:38 pm »
The last season was almost a bit of an upswing for The Simpsons.  Nowhere near as good as the golden age of seasons 5-8, but better than recent years.  But the first two eps of this season have been awful.

I did watch My Name Is Earl, and it was OK.  It's no Arrested Development, but I think I'll keep watching it.

12
Achewood / SNAP click WHUMP 9-20
« on: September 21, 2005, 04:05:03 am »
Call me cynical, but I don't think CH is dead.  Someone (something?) like that couldn't go so easily.

13
People & Places / Hi-O
« on: September 21, 2005, 03:51:25 am »
Been reading Achewood for...about a year now, I think.  Read through the archives twice.  The Cartilage Head storyline drove me to find a community to share the experience with.  So...here I am.  Happy to be here.

Pages: [1]