Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - birkensocks

Pages: [1]
1
Science & Nature / Re: I hate Apple
« on: April 04, 2008, 12:20:47 am »
i havent read this entire thread but heres my history with apple products

i had a powerbook for 3 years. during this time: the hard drive failed twice, the hinge that holds the monitor screen up got busted, and the video card fan stopped working. this last thing lead to plastic framing melting all over the video card processing unit, killing my video card. i used this computer for the internet, and to listen to music and watch movies i had. i couldnt use resource-heavy software because it would get so dang hot i was afraid it would over heat

i had an ipod photo for a year and a half. i hardly used it- about once a week to go jogging with. i didnt even charge it more than once a week. it failed. basically one day it refused to start up, even if reset.

my friend had an ipod mini he bought 2 years ago. he had to fix it 3 times so far.

my mom has had an ibook for 2 years and so far its working ok

yep, i have a pretty negative overall opinion of apple's products

2
if youre in a building that is on fire, its probably a good decision to judge a book that is in the building by its cover

yeah this one doesnt make too much sense either. i guess he feels the need to have some judgement on it?

3
I don't really get the pudding joke.
me neither. maybe he's trying to say that something called 'pudding' doesn't sound like it would have a good taste? or that if a food item is called something else instead of 'dessert', it automatically stops being as fattening?

But the tuxedo one is my favorite. But that might just be because it reminds me of a line from the Venture Brothers.
yep

5
Wild Card / Re: By request
« on: February 28, 2006, 12:46:22 am »
understanding marx will straighten out your head (OH YES IT WILL)/ more than anything that you'd have read
freud's a fraaaud aaaaand skinner's of no useeee
READ MARX AND LENIN IT WILL REALLY TURN YOU LOOSE

--
bless you, mr. q

6
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Russia! at the Guggenheim
« on: January 06, 2006, 10:58:39 pm »
oh uh i am sorry i cannot help this
Ochen ploche!
'Ochen' plocho'

Ja lyublyu krast karandashi
Excellent.

U menya yest piva
'U menya yest pivo', which is the same mistake. I don't mean to be a dick about this, heh.

heh!

Ya Pravdi Kavarou
'Ya Pravdu Gavar(y)ou' = 'I am telling the truth'

"Ya peesu"
= 'I am peeing'; 'Ya ssu' would be 'I am pissing'

I sort of watched a russian news report on the New York exhibition that took a generally unfavorable tone (there is a parallel exhibition in Russia, which is more traditional?)-- viz. the protest works in New York were I guess seen as in poor taste by the more conservative reporters-- but I didn't really pay attention and can't find it on the Internet. Maybe I'll do a little search for other sources...

7
Achewood / Re: 1-5-06: Ancient Shenanigan
« on: January 06, 2006, 04:12:57 am »
Oh, and Slate has an article about the song, which I think is pretty spot-on.
haha oh man that is spot on
the chronicles of naria skit is, at this very moment, saving hip hop from itself

8
Achewood / Re: Dec 26th 2005 - The Making Of...
« on: December 26, 2005, 11:13:06 pm »
I will admit I went too far.

9
Achewood / Re: Dec 26th 2005 - The Making Of...
« on: December 26, 2005, 11:11:42 pm »
I LOVE YOU, MAGIC GNOMES.

10
Achewood / Re: Dec 26th 2005 - The Making Of...
« on: December 26, 2005, 10:58:01 pm »
Hey, you know there's someone out there who, up until now, thought that Achewood was created by magic gnomes laboring deep within the earth. Today, they are enlightened.
onstad enlightens: the gnomes labour on the surface instead.

UNDENIABLE PROOF

Pages: [1]