Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: March 20 2008 - If homeless people are so clever, how come they can't fly?  (Read 6551 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

I don't really get the pudding joke. But the tuxedo one is my favorite. But that might just be because it reminds me of a line from the Venture Brothers.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

Yeah the pudding one is confusing. Is there a different pronunciation over there? Is it more like 'putting' or something? Even that doesn't really make sense though.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile

I wanted to do stand-up once.  So you know what I did?  I found a comedy club with an amateur night and auditioned. 

I didn't insert my lame-ass, out-of-character one-liners into the mouth of a character in an otherwise usually funny webcomic. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 03:19:05 pm by jldunston »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

spiral

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile

It's freaking me out a bit too, but I have faith it's going somewhere.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile

I don't really get the pudding joke. But the tuxedo one is my favorite. But that might just be because it reminds me of a line from the Venture Brothers.

Maybe it means you can keep your resolution to skip "dessert" but still enjoy a sweet apres-entree course by calling it by a different name.

Logged

birkensocks

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile

I don't really get the pudding joke.
me neither. maybe he's trying to say that something called 'pudding' doesn't sound like it would have a good taste? or that if a food item is called something else instead of 'dessert', it automatically stops being as fattening?

But the tuxedo one is my favorite. But that might just be because it reminds me of a line from the Venture Brothers.
yep
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 04:20:37 pm by birkensocks »
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile

I don't understand the one about the book.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

birkensocks

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile

if youre in a building that is on fire, its probably a good decision to judge a book that is in the building by its cover

yeah this one doesnt make too much sense either. i guess he feels the need to have some judgement on it?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile

Every now and then the devil bites me in the ass and makes me want to do something I probably shouldn't bother about.

What I really want to do is steal JL's comments and go post them as HaterDan over at the assbar and swim slowly away from the chum in the water. Laughing.

Do it!  Do it! 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

I do like P-Money's conspiratorial smile in the last panel but... yeah.

Kind of a down day.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

I am torn.

On the one hand, I definitely wanna see the fall-out.

On the other hand, the assbar definitely kicks my faith in humanity down a notch and... lately... I kinda don't know if I wanna see what that would look like down another notch. What happens when a dude is out of notches?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

your dad gets out a nail and a hammer and you make another notch, and he says something about how he doesn't think it should be so hard to find belts that fit you?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile

I just figured out that Philippe is reminding me of Calvin in a big way. And they're only a year apart! Yet there's so much of a maturity difference between them.  Imagine if they met; obviously Calvin would tear Philippe to intellectual shreds. Whoah, what if Calvin and Hobbes met the characters of Achewood?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

I could dig on the idea that Lyle used to BE Hobbes because the crushing truths of pretend-reality descended upon him and drove him into a bottle.

One day, Calvin got really into an MMORPG game online and stopped using his imagination and so... Hobbes kind of had to wander off, change his name, find a new life and just... failed at it, went Underground (literally, figuratively) and became a hopeless drunk, his competence in his sober moments rivaled only by his deep desire to avoid sober moments.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up