Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Dr. Sodomy

Pages: [1] 2
1
Achewood / Re: What do you think Phillipe ate?
« on: July 28, 2006, 05:42:33 pm »
yeah, seriously, I remember watching that show, and I am no kind of 22.

That's what I thought. I'm 22, and I remember watching Double Dare in the vicinity of ages 9 or 10.

My friend can be kind of a dick as well.

2
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Lance Bass of 'N Sync reveals he's gay
« on: July 28, 2006, 04:35:25 pm »
Jough... why did you even start this thread?  I know I am just as guilty for replying... but it's like a slice of banality.  That's what this thread is.

It is the absolute end of your celebrity when you:

a) pose for Playboy

or

b) come out of the closet.

3
Achewood / Re: What do you think Phillipe ate?
« on: July 28, 2006, 04:31:47 pm »
Hey, if Marc Summers says it, it must be true.

Completely off-topic Marc Summers story:

He was hosting some live Food Network thing from the Indy 500 race this past May, and myself and my intoxicated friends were walking through the infield thoroughfare where all of the race sponsors were set up. My friend sees Mr. Summers up on stage talking about food of some sort (I think that they were decorating cakes) and starts in screaming "Double Dare! Double Dare!"

Apparantly Marc Summers extremely dislikes it when you bring up Double Dare, now that he has such an influential job on The Food Network. He stopped the show.

Marc: "How old are you, sir?"

Drunk Friend: "22. What's it to you? Gonna slime me?"

Marc: "Sir, you were approximately 2 years old when that show was on television. Get the hell out of here."

Applause and laughter follows.

The logical conclusion: Do not bring up Double Dare when Marc Summers is decorating cake, and he is kind of a dick.

4
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Lance Bass of 'N Sync reveals he's gay
« on: July 27, 2006, 01:26:32 pm »
Yesterday on Jim Rome, he spoke for everyone in existence on the face of the planet.

"Who cares?"

5
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Clerks II
« on: July 27, 2006, 01:25:47 pm »
However, I don't think the message here is "Do what makes you happy, even if it hurts some people." but rather "Hurt some people because it makes you happy to do so."



So, is the movie good b/c it's funny, or bad b/c of a questionable underlying theme? Also, what about the porch monkey scene?

6
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Clerks II
« on: July 26, 2006, 04:46:33 pm »
Dante's always been sort of a pusharound. Why would he have been friends with Randal for so long?

I think that the movie implies that you've got to make yourself happy. Sometimes personal happiness involves breaking someone's heart for what seems like unexplainable reasons.

7
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Clerks II
« on: July 22, 2006, 08:45:45 pm »
Yeah, I didn't much like Jersey Girl (I can't really remember much of it since it was so generic) and while I thought J&S Strike Back was funny it too was slight and not really worth a lot of reviewings.

Clerks Deuce (no mention of Hardly Clerkin' or Passion, although there is a lot of Jesus in it, unsurprisingly) is probably my favourite of Smith's after Chasing Amy now, but I will look forward to rewatching it on DVD.

There were two sequences that really had nothing to do with the rest of the film (three, actually, but the third one was such a delight that I didn't mind) but otherwise it was very funny, and more poignant than I would have expected (without being schmaltzy or overly sentimental).

I think it was a fitting sequel to the original Clerks without retreading the same territory.  Sure, there are a lot of references to the first movie, and of course the same characters ten years later, but this film has more weight to it than the original Clerks.

Also, Joel Siegel is an idiot, and the part he walked out on wasn't even all that offensive.  He should've stayed for the donkey show.



I tried my best to go into this flick spoiler free, and after hearing about Siegel's tirade, I was totally expecting to at least see the donkey's equipment. Having seen the movie, in terms of Siegel, I can just say "Guy's a douche."

I really think Smith hit one out of the park with this movie. I honestly think it's better than Chasing Amy. Didn't understand the need for a full-on dance scene, but I shouldn't bitch about a movie that was as good as this one.

Yes, I'm a fanboy, but this the best movie I've seen all summer.

8
And the door is opened back up for a Beef victory. Beef is finally going to get his, I'm telling you.

9
My question is, is Ray's smartassed remark to Beef, who has kept Ray alive over the first day, part of Ray's transformation into cold blooded killer or just Ray's attempt to keep up his hardass image? You'd think that he wouldn't have to talk like that when it's just he and Beef, especially after he freaked out about going on a fugue after he ripped Travis' jaw off.

(I still think Beef comes through in the end and wins. It's time Beef had some glory for himself. He has been planning for this since he was 13 or whatever.)

10


after Lyle played Eye of the Tiger, I think he'd play the theme song from the Karate Kid, but maybe that's just me

or perhaps "Takin' Care of Business."

11
Achewood / Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« on: February 22, 2006, 01:15:50 pm »
Now if Ray were to eat the part of his face that he just tore off, he'd be a super-mega-jumbo hardass. I knew that I should have given Ray more credit than I did, seeing as he did once rip the rear axle off of a car.

12
For a dude of gravity, Mr. Stubbs (They call me Mr. Stubbs!) is fairly agile. Then, the readjusting of the hat? Stubbs has come to kick hell of ass and take hell of names.

13
Achewood / Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« on: February 15, 2006, 03:46:45 pm »
Leander also is the perfect name for that guy, a nice under-rated serial killer kind of name.

Creepy motorcycle helmet dude with No-No's eyes is named Leander? I'm even more creeped out than I was. This dude may be the one to eat part of someone's face.

14
Achewood / Re: February 13, 2006 - A Stubbs stands ALONE, god dammit!
« on: February 13, 2006, 06:32:31 pm »
On top of the Black Flag tattoo, the dude has on an old school leather motorcycle helmet, and Beef's still has his goggles on. That's been the best part of this arc for me, other than the actual story. I still think Beef wins the fight in the end.

15
Achewood / Re: February 8, 2006- The Other Guy... He's good People
« on: February 08, 2006, 08:07:02 pm »
He ate part of his face.

Pages: [1] 2