Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Factitious

Pages: [1]
1
Are you sure it's a lie?

2
Achewood / Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« on: March 09, 2006, 02:41:51 am »
I left my German/English dictionary in my other gorilla suit, but I think it's something like "In things about which one cannot speak, one must be silent." I'm trying to find a better way to phrase it, but instead I'm just getting all Tao te Ching. Sorry.

Yeah, it's from Wittgenstein.

3
Achewood / Re: March 2nd, 2006 - There are no side dishes
« on: March 04, 2006, 10:31:26 am »
There are multiple Safeways in Palo Alto. I don't know about Bakersfield for sure, but a Safeway there would not surprise me.

4
Achewood / 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
« on: December 17, 2005, 10:49:44 am »
Quote from: "arlucasinc"
Quote from: "sam_spade"
Seems pretty filler to me. QuickShip(TM) items don't quick ship themselves, you know.


If, by filler, you mean that it's not part of a story arc, well, I mean, there's no shame in that, is there?


It wasn't even filler by that definition. This is clearly part of the diabetes story arc.

5
Achewood / 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
« on: December 16, 2005, 01:32:01 pm »
I like the way Mr. Wizard is identified with a naive attitude toward diabetes. This sort of slice-of-life humor is one of the main strengths of Achewood. Not filler at all.

6
Achewood / nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
« on: November 29, 2005, 11:22:30 pm »
Quote from: "miles"

If you remember, apparently Todd didn't know that his frame said that.  I think it must be the bird's revenge on Todd.

So what's the significance of 7CFL485? Was that the bird's name?
Quote from: "miles"
Is that Mount St. Helens?

Doesn't look big enough.

7
Achewood / Nov 22, 05 - HNNYAH!
« on: November 23, 2005, 09:12:11 am »
How is it that Roast Beef knows Showbiz ate the entire pack of gum? I can see that he has a lot of gum in his mouth, but can Beef really tell that it's not, say, the entire pack except for one piece that was carefully saved? What I'm trying to say is that panels 5 and 6 didn't seem to fit together very smoothly.

8
Achewood / 11/21/2005 - Showbiz versus the timepiece
« on: November 21, 2005, 10:15:27 pm »
Quote from: "Hobo Frenzy"

Interesting piece of info: The shortest hand is called the First Hand, the long hand is called the Second Hand, and the optional fast moving skinny hand is called the Sweep Hand. Most people don't know this.


Shouldn't the second hand be the one that indicates the seconds?

9
Achewood / 11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« on: November 21, 2005, 08:05:17 am »
Because Nice Pete is nice.

10
Achewood / 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« on: November 16, 2005, 12:13:39 am »
Quote from: "misterqueue"


Heh.. if I read it forwards and then backwards (assuming during the backwards portion that he's reaching into HIS mailbox) I could be here all day until I create a mobius strip of recurrsion and kill us all!  


Why would he lick the envelope after taking it out of his mailbox?

11
Achewood / Die Bloggen des Novembers
« on: November 14, 2005, 01:04:36 am »
It's a real store, right down to the disturbing animatronic display, but it's not all as vegan-focused as Pat's blog makes it sound.

I don't remember seeing many free-sample tables there, but Onstad has mentioned them before, so I guess Mollie Stone's just has more of that these days. They have a pretty nice cheese selection too.

Pages: [1]