Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!  (Read 5324 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Skillator

  • Guest
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 05:38:02 pm »

I really, really love the panel where Ray is just pointing at the letter showing beef where it is.
It is my favorite panel this week*.


*note: it is only tuesday
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2005, 07:20:44 pm »

It's a well-known fact that Rockford Fosgate doesn't have pre-printed envelopes for any notice after the third.  It's a cost-saving measure.

Anyway, if it's the same debt, I'd've figured they'd've sold it off to some bastard collection agency by now.  If Onstad's getting lazy, it's not his attention continuity that's being affected - it's his ability to come up with novel  ways to illustrate that Showbiz is kind of a dope.  ("The ol' Rockford Fosgate bit!  Nothin' beats that.")
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2005, 07:51:11 pm »

Quote from: "Skillator"
I really, really love the panel where Ray is just pointing at the letter showing beef where it is.
It is my favorite panel this week*.


*note: it is only tuesday


I, too, enjoyed that panel, almost as much as I enjoyed the final two panels in Ray and MENSA.  And so:

Ray And The Letter, An Existential Adventure

I promise this is the last one of these I will do, at least for a while
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2005, 08:21:09 pm »

Quote from: "aparrish"
And so:

Ray And The Letter, An Existential Adventure

I promise this is the last one of these I will do, at least for a while


Heh.. if I read it forwards and then backwards (assuming during the backwards portion that he's reaching into HIS mailbox) I could be here all day until I create a mobius strip of recurrsion and kill us all!  

Yay!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Skillator

  • Guest
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2005, 10:54:27 pm »

Quote from: "aparrish"
I, too, enjoyed that panel, almost as much as I enjoyed the final two panels in Ray and MENSA.  And so:

Ray And The Letter, An Existential Adventure

I promise this is the last one of these I will do, at least for a while


Thank you for being the light of my days... you and crying while eating have truly gotten me through hard times this afternoon.
Logged

Factitious

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2005, 12:13:39 am »

Quote from: "misterqueue"


Heh.. if I read it forwards and then backwards (assuming during the backwards portion that he's reaching into HIS mailbox) I could be here all day until I create a mobius strip of recurrsion and kill us all!  


Why would he lick the envelope after taking it out of his mailbox?
Logged

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2005, 01:56:03 am »

Quote from: "Factitious"
Quote from: "misterqueue"


Heh.. if I read it forwards and then backwards (assuming during the backwards portion that he's reaching into HIS mailbox) I could be here all day until I create a mobius strip of recurrsion and kill us all!  


Why would he lick the envelope after taking it out of his mailbox?


Because it's delicious?

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2005, 02:59:37 am »

This cat once ate about half a piece of paper! Completely on accident!

Maybe he's got a taste for pulp now.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2005, 03:34:01 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
This cat once ate about half a piece of paper! Completely on accident!

Maybe he's got a taste for pulp now.

This is the beginning of a horror movie targeted towards sentient paper products.
Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2005, 05:11:03 am »

Man, a friend of mine once created his own line of alive paper products. The tagline for them was "More sentient!" This same friend and I had other jokes about paper. One was based on the homonym "ream." The weird thing is that we wrote our ideas down on paper.

I'm with Emmoh (pronounced eem-mo?) about Biz's year-fresh debt to RF. I don't think that a new sticker on the notice would have made the strip any better.
Logged
I am older now.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2005, 05:34:31 am »

Quote from: "aparrish"

Ray And The Letter, An Existential Adventure

I promise this is the last one of these I will do, at least for a while


Somehow this is really engaging.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2005, 05:56:08 am »

Quote from: "antioch"
(pronounced eem-mo?)


M.O. (my initials. I saw it in print and decided it looked too much like emo, went to change, then I saw I was locked in.  :oops: )

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2005, 02:22:15 pm »

Quote from: "Emmoh"
Quote from: "antioch"
(pronounced eem-mo?)


M.O. (my initials. I saw it in print and decided it looked too much like emo, went to change, then I saw I was locked in.  :oops: )


Emmoh likes to cut himself at pity parties!
Logged

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2005, 03:16:16 pm »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Emmoh"
Quote from: "antioch"
(pronounced eem-mo?)


M.O. (my initials. I saw it in print and decided it looked too much like emo, went to change, then I saw I was locked in.  :oops: )


Emmoh likes to cut himself at pity parties!


This is too much for me. I'm going to go take some poorly lit sulky pictures of myself and post them on my LiveJournal.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2005, 04:21:05 pm »

Quote from: "Emmoh"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Emmoh"
Quote from: "antioch"
(pronounced eem-mo?)


M.O. (my initials. I saw it in print and decided it looked too much like emo, went to change, then I saw I was locked in.  :oops: )


Emmoh likes to cut himself at pity parties!


This is too much for me. I'm going to go take some poorly lit sulky pictures of myself and post them on my LiveJournal.


Don't forget to write a poem.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up