Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - trouserbat

Pages: [1] 2
1
If you ask me, the thread title should have been "THIS CORN IS YOU, RAY SMUCKLES!"

Damned first-posters.

2
Smick, I think your avatar says it best.

3
Achewood / Re: April 18, 2006 - That cost me three hundred bucks!
« on: April 18, 2006, 12:00:08 pm »
BROWN COUCH

It's over there, by the dead guy with the felafel.

4
Achewood / Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« on: April 17, 2006, 12:00:37 pm »
This is a profoundly, profoundly weird one.

The "Lovely Rita" panel made me laugh incredibly hard, and I still haven't figured out why.

5
Oooh, is this a first?  Come on, you have to post it here.

It doesn't mention either site by name, it just says something about excessive non-work-related computer usage. If it did, I would probably have scanned it by now.

It does say, however, that next time they bring the Jeeps.

6
Awww, Ray even puts his arm around Beef (10th panel). I don't think anybody's getting killed, here.

Also, as of yesterday, I have officially gotten a written warning for reading Achewood / TOUAMB too much at work. I'll be drowning my sorrows in tiny cans of Dr. Pepper...  :-[

7
A tragedy, in three acts.

1. Onstad makes what is probably the most anticipated plot arc Achewood has had thus far.
2. Onstad tells everyone to hit his webserver repeatedly for the new comic at the same time, noon PST the new comic will be posted at noon PST.
3. 4,000,000,006 people wait at their computers, mice/keyboards at the ready.

The webserver got a bit overloaded. (Or maybe it was a bandwidth issue?) I imagine Opus is the webhost.

8
Achewood / Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« on: March 15, 2006, 09:51:06 pm »
Yeah, but you're assuming here that Barry and Ted could possibly not lose in a fatal way. Then again, who knows? Maybe they have secret Yob-Fu or something. (They must have qualified somehow, after all...)
If memory serves, they were let in because Ted had been in the British GOF, and Barry had a funny blog. There was a lot of cannon fodder at the GOF, anyway. Sound and Motion, for instance.

Makes you wonder how many people actually fought to get in.

9
Achewood / Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« on: March 15, 2006, 09:31:53 pm »
Whoa!

Ladies and gentlemen, Rodney has just slaughtered the cameraman webserver! :o

10
Achewood / Re: American Royalty - in stores now!
« on: March 14, 2006, 04:02:13 am »
Props to PTR.

The red-with-a-hint-of-black AMERICAN ROYALTY is absolutely perfect.

11
Achewood / Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« on: March 14, 2006, 03:55:46 am »
My first response to this was suspecting that Rodney was some kind of ghost. I'm not entirely sure that it isn't the case, but it seems kind of unlikely.

Also, I wonder how many other "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee"-esque taglines about Stubbs Beef has in the ol' brain tape.

(While we're all coming up with thread titles that wouldn't have given it away, "Two old knuckleheads swilling Christian Brothers" would've worked, too.)

12
Achewood / Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« on: March 09, 2006, 03:37:09 pm »
Triple-length strip coming Friday.

Didn't Onstad say something like "Two sunday-length strips coming Tuesday" on Monday, as well?

13
Achewood / Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« on: March 09, 2006, 12:18:15 am »
Quote from: Xngurevar on Today at 17:04:06
   "Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, daruber muss man schweigen."

Is that fancy bighead talk for FURIOUS DING-DONG, Mr. inferior type of sloth with three toes?

I left my German/English dictionary in my other gorilla suit, but I think it's something like "In things about which one cannot speak, one must be silent." I'm trying to find a better way to phrase it, but instead I'm just getting all Tao te Ching. Sorry.

14
Achewood / Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« on: March 08, 2006, 05:39:43 pm »
My only real complaint is that we never found out which one had the limp.

Unless Onstad is going to pull a new character out of his hat (Oh noes! It's Rico "No Knees" Sinpatella!), I think it refers to the guy Beef ran over with the motorcycle before the GOF started.

15
Achewood / Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« on: March 08, 2006, 02:15:26 pm »
I hate to complain, since the last two months straight have made me permamently like this comic, but todays just doesn't do it for me. If this is the start of one of those three-day Dutch fugues ("Gin: It Makes a Man Mean"), it's not particularly vivid. Nobody's mouth is foaming, you know? I was picturing the "Requiem for a Dream" pupil scene and everything. (That said, I like the expressions on Tiny, Beard, and Ribcage in panel three.)

Tomorrow! The final showdown!

Ray "Son of Rodney" Smuckles
                   vs.
Diabetes "The Big D" Mellitus

Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday!

Pages: [1] 2